2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser

9.4

Based on 446 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

9.7/10

Proven Toughest, best built vehicle on the planet

By on Monday, July 08, 2013

Pros: "Overall design and performance, and cost to own."

"As an oil camp manager in some of the most difficult terrain on the planet, this vehicle is contanly compared to 400 trucks and suvs. Absolutely nothing comes close to its design, reliability or toughness - our 5 2007s still have not been in the shop. THIS VEHICLE IS NOT A TOYOTA. it is built by Hino which has a reputation of the being the most reliable commercial truck on the planet..."

By on Monday, July 08, 2013

Cons: "Faulty headlights, SUV operation cost, NOTICEABLE!"

"I have owned my yellow FJ for nearly 6 years now. I bought her as I needed room to haul around a family of 5, including my then new-born. Life changes, and now I don't need such a large passenger and cargo capacity. My daily commute is 40 miles round-trip, with a 700 mile trip around once a month, and my FJ gas milage is average for an SUV (16-20 mpg), so I am looking for a smaller car with better gas mileage. In the meantime, my SUV's distinctive styling became an ID badge of sorts. I've lived in three different cities, and my neighbors, family, friends, co-workers, and acquaintances would immediately acknowledge me (or my wife) as soon as they saw the big yellow brick showing up at the distance. It is a great feeling everytime, except when you want to go unnoticed! After 6 years, nearly all its equipment and gadgets are fully functional. Power locks, windows, mirrors, thermometer, parking assist, analogical inclinometer and compass (those are a kicker, still today, for novel passengers). Steering wheel controls work perfectly as well (cruise, stereo, front and rear wipers, rear defogger, etc.). The Premium stereo it came with is still plenty for my audio needs, including the absorbing set of tweet-speakers embedded inside the roof. Its radio interface is toy-like with huge knobs and buttons, which makes it even easier to operate while driving. The radio still functions perfectly, including its 6-CD box, and audio-plug (no USB connection). Engine, brakes, transmission, everything mechanical has worked impeccably, with no service needed beyond its regular oil changes and tune-ups as scheduled. The engine feels far more powerful than the specs would lead you to think, and I have never had any troubles trying to pass vehicles at 70+ mph in two lane back roads. The only issue it has ever had: for road safety reasons, I have always run my car with the lights on, day and night. In the past 18 months or so, on occasion, the lights stay on even after I lock the doors (regularly, the lights would turn off after hitting the lock button on the remote). This has led several times to my returning from shopping or watching a movie show to find my truck with the lights still on, running the risk of having a dead battery at my return. Interestingly, this only happens when the weather is either too hot or too cold. Now I am used to double-checking that the lights turn off, and if they don't I flick them off manually. I have taken my SUV to two different dealers, and they have not been able to find the cause. Still, as I mentioned, this might be caused by my constant use (and abuse) of the headlight system. All in all, I am utterly in love with my FJ. I only hope I will be able to find a loving home for her after we part ways."

Cons: "Faulty headlights, SUV operation cost, NOTICEABLE!"

This is one tough vehicle, bulletproof so to speak

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pros: "Extremely durable. Perfect size for two people."

Cons: "Blind spots. Not necessarily a family vehicle."

On the beach in Baja

"We purchased one of the first FJ Cruisers to hit the street. It is a pleasure to drive it around town and on the freeway's but that's not what we bought it for. It has taken us to Baja at least 25 time's and traveling on hundred's of miles of rough dirt roads. We have driven to the bottom of the Copper Canyon in Chihuahua Mexico in the blistering heat. Not to mention the blinding snow storm's in the Midwest. I know, I know I sound like a T.V. Commercial but I really like this FJ it has never let us down."

On the beach in Baja

Love everything except the gas mileage....

By on Sunday, May 26, 2013

Pros: "Great stereo, looks, ruggedness, fun, roomy, cool"

Cons: "Bad gas mileage, bad blind spots, expensive"

"I love this vehicle. It suits me, has all the things I wanted (other than a sun roof, leather interior, satellite radio and great gas mileage). Everything else is perfect. However, it is just me and my husband and we don't have to have all this room. I'm looking to trade it for something smaller with better gas mileage since I have quite a bit of driving to and from work and misc. driving each month."

Really Cool Truck

By on Thursday, May 09, 2013

Pros: "good quality, fun to drive, no carpet+++"

Cons: "wished the doors locked when put in drive"

"I bought this SUV after my 4runner got totaled out from a hail storm, I've gotten so many complements on the style and quality of my FJ Cruiser I'm very happy with my purchase and plan to drive this vehicle for a very long time."

BEST VEHICLE EVER!

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

Pros: "Fun, fast, reliable, stylish and comfortable."

Cons: "Not enough interior lighting in front by driver."

"My 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser is FUN, FAST, RELIABLE, WITH JUST THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF COMFORT WHETHER YOU ARE HAVING A BLAST FOUR-WHEELING, DRIVING ON VACATION FOR DAYS, OR GOING SHOPPING IN TOWN; YOU WILL HAVE A CAREFREE AND COMFORTABLE RIDE. MY FJ ALWAYS LOOKS STYLISH YET NOT OVERSTATED LIKE SOME TRUCKS. I HAVE A MANUAL TRANSMISSION BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT I LIKE AND IT HANDLES GREAT. When my old Toyota Pickup died after 20 years, it was hard finding a truck with a manual transmission. My son told me that Toyota just released a new truck that offers both automatic and manual. I went to Toyota's website and watched the video and fell in love! To me the "only" not so great feature is the lack of interior lighting. Only one light at rear and one in the center, no lights in the front for the driver or passanger; that was a big mistake, but I remedied the matter by putting two battery operated L.E.D. push-button type lights that adhere with velcro, one above rearview mirror and one under the dash on the passenger's side, these lights do the trick. I hope my Toyota FJ Cruiser lasts for 20 years, but when the time comes to buy a new truck, I probably will buy another FJ Cruiser."

Will always drive an FJCruiser

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

Pros: "Great looks, reliability, get up and go, safety"

Cons: "gas mileage, not bad, but not great"

"Love it,love it, love it! This baby will get up and go when I ask it to. I feel very safe in it, no matter the weather or traffic conditions. It handles the mountains and desert equally well. A cruiser on the highway. It always gets lots of compliments. I especially love the convenience of the 110 electrical outlet."

Its an offroad tank. If thats what you want its fo

By on Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pros: "Everything you would expect from Toyota and more."

Cons: "Nothing at all."

"I have read a lot of the negative reviews here and i have to say, they sound like people that wanted a Camry and left with an FJ Cruiser. Seriously, "it has a stiff suspension and isn't comfortable". One a Wrangler will rattle your fillings out on a daily commute, i know traded mine in on the cruiser. Two, that's called an off road suspension, if it were squishy it would bottom out on every bump. You have to realize this vehicle keeps its value because they don't make many of them, and its made for a specific market, offroading. If you have no intention on doing some trail driving, then you really don't have any business owning one. The good thing about you accidentally rushing into a purchase of a vehicle over 25k brand new is it has the second best resale value of any vehicle on the market. So you wont get all of your money back but you'd be better off than most any other vehicle. Drive one, drive it a while too. Don't buy it the day you go to the dealership. Sit on it, and think, are the blind spots something i can deal with? Is the fact it takes up most of a lane of traffic something i am ok with? Aside from that if you can live with those two things it is a wonderful vehicle myself and family have had more than enough fun with. Worth every penny! Oh and for all you gas mileage nuts out there, You don't buy a vehicle that is designed for offroading, 4x4, heavy, high off the ground, and that has a very large V6 and expect good mileage, unless your nuts. And i mean that. Its gas mileage is not as bad as my 2002 Dodge 3500 work truck but much better than the Wrangler i traded for it."

Disappointing on all Levels

By on Monday, March 25, 2013

Pros: "Uniques looks, apparently lots of off road ability"

Cons: "Poor Design and Execution"

"I bought the FJ last year at this time, thinking it was different and was told it had all kinds of capabilities. What I have found that the capabilities that are shared during the sales experience will most likely never happen, "Fording 28 inches of water" really! It's rolling box, that gets terrible gas mileage, it is not user friendly at all, sight lines are awful, I can't begin to tell you how many time I have almost hit someone in the blind spots. The interior is not at all user friendly, and its really noisy inside, and getting things in and out of the back seat, even with the small doors is nearly impossible. The single piece door is heavy and bulky, again making it almost useless. I have had to replace 4 TPWS sensors, and the light just came on again. Quality control was awful. It was sold a luxury (or at least priced as one) mid-size SUV. In my opinion its just a poorly designed vehicle. Had I to do it over again, I would not buy this vehicle."

Awesome vehicle!

By on Sunday, March 17, 2013

Pros: "Off Road Power ride"

Cons: "not a family car but not a con for me!"

"If you want to anywhere anytime this is it. HWY,City and Off road handles it all. I have been though knee high water , up some pretty steep hills and soft dirt handles all equally well. I did put BF goodrich all terrains on and wow! I got 275/70x16 without lift or steering issues. 4 adults easy! Wish small widow roll down but minor wish. Great 2 person and equipment offroad machine."

This is my 2nd FJ and looking at getting another!!

By on Monday, March 11, 2013

Pros: "road clearance, smooth road ride, non-stoppable"

Cons: "gas milage, wiper blades don't last long"

"the first one i owned was purchased in june 2007. a nor'easter was coming through in december and i was in the adirondacks when i was returning home (6 hours away). i was in 4-wheel drive for over 5 hours of that trip. the fj went through everything with ease and sure-handedness!! first time ever when it wasn't a white-nuckled snow driving experience. there was over a foot of snow when i arrived home that night. i did have a rear transaxel leak and got that repaired but no other issues. i put on about 35k miles a year and traded it in for a new 2010 fj. most people, when they get a new car, tend to get something different. this was the 1st time that i ever purchased the same vehicle. i did it for several reasons. i'm comfortable with the vehicle. i travel extensively and it can get through anything mother nature has to offer. as simple as the amenities are, they're just what i need. one peeve of mine is that they didn't improve the quality of the wiper blades. they don't seem to last as long as other vehicles i've owned and streak miserably. as crazy as it may seem, i may be trading this in for a new 2013 model. btw my most previous vehicles prior to the fj's were volvos and yes, it was a luxury/amenity shock but i got past that. the comfort (i drive 8 hours at a whack) , reliability, and sure-footedness feeling in inclement weather, keeps me coming back."

It's a joy to drive and fun to look at.

By on Monday, March 11, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing"

"This unique SUV (which is a true SUV and not a curvy crossover SUV wanna be), has totally ruined me for all other cars and SUVs. As others have said, it is so much fun to drive, has a unique look and style and you can go anywhere and do anything with it without having to worry about it. It is very difficult for me to move on to another vehicle, I've test driven several high-end cars (BMWs mostly), but nothing brings me as much driving pleasure as my FJ does. Love it!! Though, keep in mind, it is not a luxury car, so don't expect heated seat or things like that."

Would buy again

By on Friday, February 15, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, reliable, not to common on the road"

Cons: "mileage"

"Having owned many vehicles, this is the best vehicle I have ever owned. Love it, style and capability."

My 2nd FJ and I would buy another

By on Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, safety, reliability, look"

Cons: "blind spots, 2011 not easy to change your own oil"

"I love my FJ. I have a 2011 and I previously owned a 2007. There are blind spots, but I think everyone should learn how to be more cautious regardless. I think it's made me more aware of others and pay more attention. It handles fantastic, and I have NEVER had one repair made to either of my FJs. As far as the comments about it not having heated seats and heated mirrors. Ummmm, it's not meant to be a luxury car, it's meant to be a rugged off-road beast that is also extremely comfortable on the highway. I've always owned great quality vehicles and I don't ever remember having heated mirrors. I'm a woman, and I would recommend this vehicle to any man or woman who wants to feel confident and safe in their vehicle."

best ride ever

By on Sunday, January 13, 2013

"love my cruiser!"

very reliable,fun to drive,very tough off road

By on Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Pros: "can be used as an every day driver or off roading"

Cons: "poor gas mileage"

"I have owned my FJ (2007) since new, original 30k miles 1 owner,I have have over 20 different vehicles in my life and NONE compare to my FJ, it handles like a car,yet very rugid when I need it to be, I pull my boat,camper and off road vehicle and barely notice they are behind me,I HIGHLY recommend at least test driving one before you buy something else when in the market for a vehicle, very very nice vehicles!!"

I LOVE MY FJ CRUISER!

By on Sunday, January 06, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, Amazing control ability on/off road"

Cons: "Wish it had bigger stock tires"

"I must say that I adore my FJ Cruiser. It is unlike any other vehicle on the road and any other car I have owned. My husband and I have had ours for a year now and love it so much we will pass it down to our kids. It is great on on the streets and highways but also great for occasional offroaders like ourselves. We have three small kids who can fit across the back seat in boosters, but I wouldn't recommend it to those with multiple car seats! The biggest complaint about it that I have seen here is the visibility issues. Yes, there are huge blind spots, which I now know to just not depend on looking over my shoulder, instead I use the small mirrors on the sides! Never had any problems with changing lanes! But aside from that I have no issues with my FJ!"

Love my Little FJ!!!

By on Saturday, December 29, 2012

Pros: "Fun, very comfortable for taller people (I'm 6'2")"

"Well, went to get the oil changed today at 60K and walked into the showroom with some money burning a hole in my pocket. Drove a gorgeous new 4Runner, but walked and decided to just think about an impulse decision (for once!). After pondering this all day, I've decided I really do just love my FJ too much to part with it yet. I've traded off vehicles just for the sake of having something new or different, but I'm realizing it would be foolish to get rid of something that has been so perfect for me. A buddy just got a new Wrangler, and I personally think it's junk compared to my tight, squeak-and-rattle-free FJ. I want to note that I've owned it since new (it's an '07), and the only thing I've done to it is change the oil........oh, and the tires. Nothing else. What can I add, other than to say it's been a great rig and I'm glad I'm keeping it!!!"

Very good vehicle for anyone living in the country

By on Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pros: "Compitent, fun to drive , dependable"

Cons: "Blind spots in back half of vehicle"

"I will never be able to wear this vehicle out. I do not have to worry about my wife being out in bad weather in this vehicle."

New Owner...Love it...

By on Friday, November 30, 2012

Pros: "Too fun to drive..."

Cons: "I can deal with the blindspots..drive safe"

"Best purchase ever...early owner..yet I've owned Jeeps & trucks. So perfect for me..fold the seats down,load up my purchases and my Jack Russell, and a full drum kit ;)"

This Beast takes my breath away!

By on Monday, November 26, 2012

Pros: "Durability, off road capability, comfortable ride"

Cons: "fuel efficiency, some blind spots"

"I've only had the car for two weeks, but I couldn't have asked for more. Whether I'm going off road or in town, there isn't anything that The Beast can't handle. I loaded up the back with some firewood this past weekend and was able to take out the rubber mat, rinse it off, and make it look brand new again. I'm also very happy I went for the stick shift, because the pick up and go is amazing for a rig that big."

awesome vehicle

By on Sunday, November 25, 2012

Pros: "drives like a car, great suspension"

Cons: "Blind spots, have to turn headlights on and off"

"Besides the blind spots and the lights not being auto I love this vehicle. I like sitting up high, the 4 wheel drive makes me feel confident on bad winter roads, and it drives like a car! The suspension is amazing. It is a good looking vehicle, the color themes are great. It is so roomy for my 2 kids and myself and tons of groceries, bikes, etc. The back up camera is a nice feature. The only downfalls I can come up with are the wicked blindspots and I'm used to being able to turn on and off the car without worrying about turning on/off headlights. Also, I wish it came with remote start, but I can always add that later. I love my FJ Cruiser!!!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota FJ Cruiser near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for