2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser

9.4

Based on 482 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

9.8/10

Quality, Quality, Quality

By on Thursday, March 20, 2008

"I have had this vechile for 15 months and have not even had a loose screw on it. It has held up to cold North Dakota winters without any problems and has performed great in off road."

Great truck- reliable and capable

By on Sunday, June 07, 2015

Pros: "Capable, relaible, and easy to care for"

Cons: "Backseat access and lumbering handling"

"I bought my 2008 FJ Cruiser in 2011 with 36K miles on it. It was lifted from the factory and looks like an off-road capable machine. It's been an absolutely great truck- exactly what you'd expect from a Toyota. No issues at all and it handles great in the weather. The traction control on this is amazing and brings the truck back into control even when you're trying to play in the snow. The A-Trac and electronic lockers allow it to go places you probably shouldn't try. I have the fully loaded version and it has been such a great truck, that I'm not going to trade it in. I'll just keep it in storage for a good weekend romper. The ONLY drawback to this rig is getting a car seat in and out of the back.....but that's not what it's for! Great weekend romper and very manageable the other 5 days a week."

I love my FJ. new paint 2013, dependable, reliable

By on Saturday, May 31, 2014

Pros: "great look, perfect Maui auto, fun to drive"

Cons: "it's not free, I love it, will be hard to replace"

"I love my 2007 FJ Cruiser. It has great visibility, better than any car I've owned! I get 20 mpg, rarely use 4 wheel drive. The miles are highway and town use. Last year, I got a new paint job for cosmetic reasons only and it looks brand new. Great storage and hauling capacity. It comfortably seats at least 5 people. It has roof racks, running boards, skid plates, and tow package. I planned on keeping it forever, but I must sell it now."

My wife has wanted one since 2007. I ignored her..

By on Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pros: "resale value, collectability, made in Japan"

Cons: "rough ride, fuel consumption... ah who cares?!!"

"We are in a spot where we can afford a specialty car. I was eying a Vette. I finally opened my ears and listened to her about the FJ. Glad I did! Got a great deal on a Cavalry blue 2013. I just checked KBB for resale value, and I could sell it for my purchase price, which is unheard of. Even trade value is only $1,000 less than what I just bought it for. Oh, and I see why. This FJ is sharp and tight, a real classic waiting to happen. Better get yours while you can."

Would buy again

By on Friday, February 15, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, reliable, not to common on the road"

Cons: "mileage"

"Having owned many vehicles, this is the best vehicle I have ever owned. Love it, style and capability."

very reliable,fun to drive,very tough off road

By on Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Pros: "can be used as an every day driver or off roading"

Cons: "poor gas mileage"

"I have owned my FJ (2007) since new, original 30k miles 1 owner,I have have over 20 different vehicles in my life and NONE compare to my FJ, it handles like a car,yet very rugid when I need it to be, I pull my boat,camper and off road vehicle and barely notice they are behind me,I HIGHLY recommend at least test driving one before you buy something else when in the market for a vehicle, very very nice vehicles!!"

Very good vehicle for anyone living in the country

By on Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pros: "Compitent, fun to drive , dependable"

Cons: "Blind spots in back half of vehicle"

"I will never be able to wear this vehicle out. I do not have to worry about my wife being out in bad weather in this vehicle."

Great Vehicle

By on Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pros: "Excellent handling in bad weather, Head turner"

Cons: "Gas Mileage, Rough ride"

"Very reliable excellent in bad weather, great on snow and ice the vehicle stability control and AWD is amazing. Never have to worry about breakdowns change the oil and drive it. The ride is a little rough not great on long trips comfort wise. The 6 speed transmission is great lots of power for towing. Not great gas mileage is the only negative with v6 vvti."

Great Utility Vehicle

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "versatile, fun, more standard safety features"

Cons: "larger blind spots in rear"

"Originally I wanted a jeep wrangler. I liked the versatility and the ability to take the top off. Additionally I liked the "go anywhere" idea of it. However my gf didn't like them due to safety issues. I personaly love them and still do. Enter the FJ Cruiser. The one I have has the OEM roof rack and the available towing package. It has a slightly longer wheel base than the wrangler which adds to ride comfort but reduces the turning radius a little. I really enjoy the FJ becuase it has a few more creature comforts standard. Power windows, mirrors and door locks are nice features. The 4.0 liter engine has ample power even though it's significanly heavier than the wrangler. MPG's are pretty good given it's size and weight. I avg about 17 with city driving. One saftey feature that I enjoy is the front and rear side airbags. I'm sure there's more I've left out, but overall this a great utiltiy vehicle. It's a great comprimise between rugged versatility and family hauler."

Cool car...but not for people with small kids!

By on Thursday, May 26, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, goes great in snow, reliable and low maintenance"

Cons: "Difficulty getting in and out of back seat, cheap floor mats"

"It's definitely a cool-looking car and a lot of people look at it and ask how we like it. It's a very reliable ride and goes great in the snow or mud. The windshield is a drawback... So big and flat that it's a bug magnet! The other minor negative about the interior is the cheapo floor mats...they fell apart within the first year. The biggest issue is the backseat for anyone who has kids in car seats - trust me - this is NOT the car for you. Luckily, we don't have small children... But on the occasions where we took our grandchildren somewhere in their car seats, it became quickly apparent that it would be a real chore to do that routinely."

2008 FJ Cruiser

By on Wednesday, September 30, 2009

"I purchase the FJ for a reason; I didn't want a road-only SUV, I have a Lexus for that. I live in Chicago and on the worse days and weekends in winter I travel north to Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for minus 20 degree nights and snow storms that challange anything out there. Outside the minor visibility issues (I'm used to not seeing behind me when I pull a snowmobile tailer) the FJ does everything well. The artificial intellegent transmission knows when your trailing and it doesn't constantantly downshift like other SUV's (including my lexus). Although not touted as tow vehicle this thing tows up to 5,000 lbs. The 2500 sled trailer is hardly noticed. If you want leather, gagets (it's got a few) heated and cooled seats there are a lot of choices. The FJ loaded out is not the 24K entry model, mine lists for 34K with the options. The interior is bare bones, but the drivtrain and body on frame are as good as Totota /Lexus makes. Off road the only thing that can touch it is a Jeep Rubicon (sorry Range Rover)"

FJ Cruiser 2007 C model

By on Friday, May 01, 2009

"I can't compare this vehicle to anything else I have owned. I have driven many trucks/SUV's and relate that to this review. THe raw impression is the FJ is a very capable 4WD and Sport vehicle. Besides the poor inside lighting, blind spots, windshield breaks, this vehicle has lots of apparent power, handles well, rides well for a truck/SUV. I am enjoying driving it a lot. I wonder why the premium fuel? It runs on regular just fine as well. I will haul a holiday trailer this summer."

Some Suggestions

By on Thursday, November 08, 2007

"Interior noise needs to be reduced especially when excellerating...too noisy. Would like to see a small V-8 with 275hp to 300hp. V-6 is zippy, but it's still a 6 banger. Do not use Dunlop tires. They are rated very low in CR and I agree. Within 100 miles, 3 of the 4 tires had to be replaced. Took 3 trips to the dealership to correct...wasted 7 hrs. of my time."

Very dependable, great ride for suv.

By on Thursday, May 07, 2015

Pros: "Great dependability."

Cons: "Not lot of bells and whistles"

"It has by far been the best vehicle I ever owned. Very dependable. Great ride for and SUV. Windows in back are small so it took getting used to the limited visibility but very few things to complain about."

Great for tougher driving conditions

By on Saturday, March 14, 2015

Pros: "Crash rollover ratings, stereo, handling, passing"

Cons: "blind spots, back seat access, rutty ice driving"

"I live in Alaska, and have teen and preteen kids. I have the Trail Teams Edition, so it comes with more bells and whistles. I LOVE my Land Cruiser! I get A LOT of complements. So many pluses that the negatives are easy to learn, but with each vehicle, this is what you should expect. I get 17 mpg in town/4 wheel, and 20-21 mpg on the highway. Very low maintenance. With kids and pets, I love that the interior can be sprayed down. The stereo this model came with has a subwoofer and it ROCKS!! Passing with the automatic is pretty good for a V6. The only negatives: with owning 4WD vehicles my whole life, this is one vehicle I HAD to put studs on. The body sits wider than a normal vehicle, so on rutty ice/slushy conditions, this vehicle will fish tail without the studs. Just need to drive with more reactiveness because of it. I have also needed a new windshield almost yearly because of its almost straight up aspect, it doesn't deflect rocks well. There are major blind spots, but being a fire fighter and married to one, we love the crash and rollover ratings on this vehicle and understand that the beams are much beefier than other vehicles. You learn to use extra caution on changing lanes, turns, and merges. Since this has suicide doors on more of a lifted vehicle, this is a car you can put kids, teens, or smaller adults in the back. I have put 6'+ in back, and a friend who is 6'6" was surprised at how well he fit comfortably in the driver seat. Lots of head and leg room in FRONT. Other than that, this vehicle will go ANYwhere you want it to. Absolutely fun to drive. It's not a Cadillac CTS so don't expect it to drive like one. This is definitely a vehicle for someone who wants sporty over luxury. You want more luxury? Get the larger Land Cruiser."

Excellent daily driver & weekend trails explorer

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Ample power/torque and cargo space."

Cons: "Not a family car as it is not a true 4-door"

Easy to drive in winter conditions

"Bought this vehicle for my wife as a daily driver for her and most weekends we can be found in the southern California mountains off-roading. Previously owned a Jeep Liberty/Renegade which was an "acceptable" 4wd vehicle - The FJ weighs about 1,400 lbs more and handles much better on snow/ice getting to our cabin. This vehicle is simply fun to drive and quite functional. Ample room for our two dogs, plenty of power/torque when needed. Resale value speaks volumes about this truck."

Easy to drive in winter conditions

Exactly what it wants you think it is, AWESOME!

By on Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pros: "True All Terrain vehicle."

Cons: "Cannot think of any my FJ is exactly what expected"

"Great vehicle."

Hauls like a truck, drives like a sports sedan.

By on Sunday, September 08, 2013

Pros: "Smooth ride, great sound, & powerful towing"

Cons: "None."

"Bought this FJ new in 2006 when it was love at first sight. The retro styling reminded me of the original Land Cruiser. The test drive proved comfortable for long trips and the drive train supported pulling our big trailer. It has hauled that full trailer over mountains easily. I still like this car to the point that I am reluctant to sell. Might just buy another FJ."

Most reliable and maintenance free ever owned

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pros: "Incredible reliabilty and durabilty."

Cons: "Gas mileage and windshield replacement."

"Remarkable for a first year vehicle. Have only done scheduled maintenance during warranty period and then changed oil, filters, etc. myself. Only negative is the upright flat windshield. Collects rocks like crazy! Loved it so much, we just purchased a 2013 and kept the 2007!!!!"

Highly recommend !

By on Monday, June 18, 2012

Pros: "gas mileage, off road performance, ride"

Cons: "takes getting used to line of view in mirrors,"

"Traded in my Jeep Wrangler Sports which I did like but, does not compare to the ride, " gas mileage ", solid performing FJ Cruiser. I love this rig..... Only draw back is line of sight in mirrors. Installed small dome mirrors that corrected that minor issue. Handles great off road and in the snow. I use my vehicles almost daily off road. Unlike the Barbie Doll Jeeps I see cruising up and down main street. Great gas mileage averaging 19 - 21 mpg. UNlike my 11-14 mpg Jeep.... FJ Cruiser, Wished I had purchased sooner !"

Great for short trips!

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "Great Price, Unique, Great for messy Kids"

Cons: "Just Ok Fuel Mileage, Slugish Braking"

"For an SUV with a full frame you can't expect the mileage to be that good but it makes up for that with it's amazing off road capabilities! I'm averaging 21 highway and 17 around town so it's great for short trips but I wouldn't take it on any road trips if fuel is a factor. Four people can fit in comfortably including 2 car seats in the back 4 surfboards on top and luggage in the back. When you don't have the kids surfboards or whatever else fit perfectly in the back with the seats folded down flat. I live on the beach so off road capability was a big factor and I haven't gooten this thing stuck once. It runs smooth has been mechanically sound and is easy to clean out. Kids have spilt stuff in it and it cleans right up due to the water proof interior. Honestly the only complaint I have about it is the braking. To stop from even 50 you have to mash the brakes and do to the forward body roll you feel like you're going to eat the dash! Other than that I love it!"

Great vehicle, on road off road

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

"Highly recommend it for all weather conditions. It's got more guts than I do."

Really like my FJ, good for shopping or camping!!

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

"The FJ is roomy, fits three carseats in back w/ no problem. Plenty of cargo space in back, and seats fold down for even more cargo space. Love how the doors open out making it easy to get in back and doors are easy to close."

awesome vehicle

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

Pros: "Old school 4x4 system is bullit proof"

Cons: "Um, Well , People are always looking at you."

Big Bear 2011

"65000 Miles and NO rattles at all. Decent fuel mileage. Can climb a mountain like a Billy Goat when camping, go home, wash and pull up to the office and field compliments. I do my own maintenance and everything is easy and straight forward. I have owned 18 cars in my lifetime and this is my favorite. I cannot imagine parting with it. Oh yeah, I bought it used as a certified Toyota, put 43,000 miles in 22 months and it is worth more than I paid for it."

Big Bear 2011

Fun and functional, a lot of value!

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "Durable, fun, functional, tough"

Cons: "no rear view, back seat is small/ hard to climb in"

"I use my 08 FJ as a sales vehicle. I have over 100K miles, and have had zero issues. It gets loaded with heavy samples, carrying over 1000 lbs at all times, and in Washington DC traffic. We have torn through brakes, rotors, etc when using other vehicles for this job. The FJ has been maintenance free. I change oil regularly, wiper blades and stuff. I realized around 85K miles that I have never taken it to the shop, for anything. So I got some new tires and got a good inspection done. They didn't even recommend brakes or a tune up. Said it was all still new. The rear doors are a pain in tight parking, and you will have to learn to drive without seeing behind you. It is probably not great for a new driver, or people who aren't mobile. Otherwise, I think it is a great vehicle, and I haven't lost a bit of the value."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota FJ Cruiser near Honolulu. See local deals