2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser

9.4

Based on 448 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

9.7/10

been a good car

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "no problems"

"been a good car no problems in the year i have owned it,reason for selling is I am taking a job out of the country,has extended warranty up to 100,000"

Just a fun vehicle to drive

By on Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pros: "fun, reliable, tough, great in snow/mud, classy"

Cons: "gas mileage, but really......does it matter??"

"it's cool to have the options this vehicle provides. it's a grocery getter when there's 12" of snow on the roads, or a mountain trail conquerer if you have a saturday afternoon to kill. it will get you to the ski areas colorado provides. on the other hand, you can head back home, give it a quick wash and drive up to a valey station at a fancy restaurant and not feel awkward."

My video

left-hand canyon in Boulder, CO

fun,tough, go anywhere, multi purpose vehicle

By on Thursday, January 16, 2014

Pros: "great suv"

Cons: "gas mpg suck"

"This is far and away the best 4x4 I have owned and I've had em all. Keep the skins good and it'll go anywhere. I have the TRD exhaust and intake and it has a good sound and great pep and pickup. It has Toyota's legendary durability. 78K miles with only reg sched maintenance! This is just a fun car to drive. Gas mileage sucks, creature comforts are slim (this adds to durability!) and a little tight on room. I'll take the negs as it such a great truck."

4x4 Desired-Go FJ Cruiser

By on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, great for off roading!"

Cons: "Rear wiper, blind spots, gas mileage"

"I bought the Yoda in '07 and thought I would tire of it in a year-I'm now trading in for a new one! If you want a 4x4, this is the vehicle. The closest comparison is a Jeep but there is so much more here than an out of the box Jeep Wrangler. Its more dependable, comfortable, and economical. As noted, its also a better 4x4 than a base Wrangler since it comes with standard rear locking diff. among other things. Its not perfect, there are blind spots, the rear wiper is pretty pathetic, and gas mileage is, well, horrible, but again-its a 4x4! Not the vehicle for everyone, but a great one-fun to drive and own!"

Perfect for Oregon, on or off road

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "Fabulous off-road out of the box."

Cons: "None. There's nothing I don't like about it."

"This is my second FJ Cruiser. You have to own one to appreciate just how well designed, reliable and enjoyable they are to own and drive. Seriously, nothing compares to the FJ Cruiser. I was lucky enough to get the Trails Team Edition my second time around. I will never sell this car. Mine is fully stock and I intend to keep it that way. You won't believe how well it performs off-road, in snow, ice and mud. The comfort is exceptional. The highway driving characteristics rival most passenger cars. Hard to believe that a vehicle as comfortable as this can clock up a steep, rocky or slippery road with such authority."

One of the toyota truck ever build,son of Lcruiser

By on Sunday, January 12, 2014

"Had it since 2008 had 0 problem,only maintenance,best resale value"

Excellent daily driver & weekend trails explorer

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Ample power/torque and cargo space."

Cons: "Not a family car as it is not a true 4-door"

Easy to drive in winter conditions

"Bought this vehicle for my wife as a daily driver for her and most weekends we can be found in the southern California mountains off-roading. Previously owned a Jeep Liberty/Renegade which was an "acceptable" 4wd vehicle - The FJ weighs about 1,400 lbs more and handles much better on snow/ice getting to our cabin. This vehicle is simply fun to drive and quite functional. Ample room for our two dogs, plenty of power/torque when needed. Resale value speaks volumes about this truck."

Easy to drive in winter conditions

Great off road, good on road

By on Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Pros: "Off road capabilities, fun to drive, style, value"

Cons: "Fuel consumption, visibility"

"Ok so it has blind spots, but what exotic car doesn't? My last car was a Porsche and visibility was far worse and it was just as thirsty at the pump. Bottom line, if you want a serious off road vehicle that still feels civilized driving around town with all the bells and whistles inside that we have grown accustomed to in newer cars (ie. Bluetooth, Satnav, back up cam, satellite radio, ect.), then look no further. At $28000-38000 it's good value to considering the other vehicles with similar capabilities (Jeep, Hummer, some 4x4 trucks) and like the Toyota Tacoma 4x4 and Jeep Wrangler will hold it's value. I will say this in closing, if you want a car to commute to and from work and carry your "2.5" kids to school but never take it off road, you might be dissatisfied. FJ's are purpose built for off road the fact that they are good on the road is a bonus. Get it off the beaten path and you won't be disappointed."

incredible vehicle

By on Thursday, November 21, 2013

"we traded in our 2005 jeep wrangler for the 2013 Toyota fj cruiser. the Toyota is twice as large but with with much better mileage a much better ride than the jeep we are thrilled with the purchase"

2014 will be the last build,futur classic

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "Solid, fun, cool, roomy , exotic, engine sounds"

Cons: "4x4 permanent not available in automatic"

"I am back with Toyota after driving some other brand and for a reason: most reliable brand i have ever owned. The FJ is my family car here in Switzerland , land of snow and ice in the winter and with more than 130,000 miles on it it keeps giving me a big smile every day. It was never officially imported in Switzerland or France so it's almost an exotic car here. I had before the Mercredes G 400 CDI , done 150,000 miles on it and spend thousands on maintenance or reliability issues .Now the FJ is doing so much better for the money. I recommend the FJ to anyone who wants a safe , reliable, cool car."

this is the nicest vehicle I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Pros: "quality, reliability, comfort, bulletproof"

Cons: "this is not an economy car, average 17.6 city"

"I have entertained the idea of looking seriously at FJ Cruisers for several years now but was disuaded by test drive magazine's overservations about the poor outward visibility of the FJ Cruiser. Two months ago while getting my Tacoma serviced at the local Toyota dealer I happened per chance to test drive a 2014 FJ Cruiser just for the heck of it. I kept driving it right on home. There is no visability problem if you adjust your mirrors as they should be in the first place and the back up camera makes backing up easier than my truck. The ride is remarkably smooth and especially so for a 4x4 tank which the FJ Cruiser is. The fit and finish is light years beyond other off-road vehicles I looked at. The gas mileage is right on the sticker estimates. Any place the FJ Cruiser will not take me and my kayaks would only be accessable by horse or helicopter I suspect. My only regret is that I did not purchase one of these refined tanks years ago rather than reading reviews by "experts" who prefer sports cars. I have had in my long years a number of very nice vehicles, but the FJ Cruiser is by far the one I love most. I suspect this tank will last a lot longer than I will. The legendary reliability of the FJ Cruiser is icing on the cake so to speak. I do warn readers that if you drive an FJ Cruiser there is a high probability that you will drive it home as I did."

THE ONE AND THE ONLY!

By on Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pros: "Safe, reliable, affordable and fun to drive."

"For most peoples think only about saving money on gas, But i only think about reliable and safety for my family. The FJ is the perfect one for us. It has all the safety features, comfy, roomy and super dependability and reliability. I love the high tolerant, for example : if i got hit by a small car , they can't hurt us..all they hit is my rock's rail. So that mean no life threatening. There are so many small vehicles out there so more likely will get hit by the small one than the big one. Plus it's not that bad on gas anyway. If i have to waste a little bit more money on gas just to save my family's life and i will be happy to do it!. We feel very safe,reliable and very happy every time we ride in ours "HERO". These are something that money can't buy, It's a true happiness and a safe feeling!."

My wife has wanted one since 2007. I ignored her..

By on Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pros: "resale value, collectability, made in Japan"

Cons: "rough ride, fuel consumption... ah who cares?!!"

"We are in a spot where we can afford a specialty car. I was eying a Vette. I finally opened my ears and listened to her about the FJ. Glad I did! Got a great deal on a Cavalry blue 2013. I just checked KBB for resale value, and I could sell it for my purchase price, which is unheard of. Even trade value is only $1,000 less than what I just bought it for. Oh, and I see why. This FJ is sharp and tight, a real classic waiting to happen. Better get yours while you can."

BEST MACHINE EVER CREATED BY HUMAN!

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "Affordable, safe,fun to drive and very reliable!"

"From the moment that I saw my Trail Teams i felt in love all over again. At first my wife said its too big and ugly, But we end up bought it anyway. We owned a Lexus ES300, Its very reliable and my wife love it so much!. We were looking for a 4x4, but she wanted to keep her favorite Lexus. We shopped around from Jeep to Nissan to Honda and finally i couldn't walk away from a Toyota FJ. For the first whole year my wife didn't touch it at all. I took two weeks vacation just to stay home and enjoy the winter and it was a snowy week and she drove it to work for two weeks straight. And guess what happened next?....We own two FJs now. That's how much we love it. We feel extremely safe, comfortable and so reliable every time we hop in it. and I Love the timing chain too! Best of all Its a Toyota!. What else can I say?"

Exactly what it wants you think it is, AWESOME!

By on Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pros: "True All Terrain vehicle."

Cons: "Cannot think of any my FJ is exactly what expected"

"Great vehicle."

Best money I ever spent

By on Saturday, September 28, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, handles any driving cond."

Cons: "no bluetooth"

"My wife calls the FJ my "other wife" because I love it so much. It is reliable, fun to drive (have a stick shift) and handles any weather conditions well. The V6 manual gives it great acceleration from a dead stop. The cargo space is great (we've moved furniture & appliances in it. It is incredibly reliable. I wouldn't trade this vehicle for ANYTHING."

Best when paired with an Airstream

By on Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pros: "reliability, great towing capacity, fun off-roadin"

Cons: "small gas tank- limited to 200 miles on a tank"

On the road to burning man!

"It's great for camping and off-roading. The retro styling is a great compliment to my 19 foot Airstream. It pulls the 5000lbs rig over the Tioga Pass and Cajon pass with power to spare. No problems since I got it back in 2008. I can see why the resell value is so high, who would want to sell it! Added a after market Alpine with Nav, Bluetooth, iPod and Pandora full integration. I even added a front hitch to carry my Honda Trail 110 while camping. This truck lives up to and exceeds the legendary FJ40! It's destined to be a another collector item."

On the road to burning man!

Not a soccer mom's SUV

By on Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pros: "Fun, safe, gets you home from the woods."

Cons: "Blind spots to get used to and mileage."

A work horse that get me home from some bad spots in the woods.

"The most advanced off road vehicle. This is a very light but full framed off road vehicle. A little uncomfortable to sleep in but geared to get you out of the mud. Recommend chains all around on steep grades in the snow and ice. Bumpers are solid steel behind the plastic façade. So the guy that hits you will get the worst of it. Plastic easy to pop out and spray. Can tow and pull using frame mounted rings. Tight turning radius between trees and rocks. Recommend a rear bumper extender on the trailer hitch to protect rear door from being crushed by spare tire mount with rear impact. Independent rear gearing. Rear gears are susceptible to damage if rear-ended while brakes are not applies. Engine very good designed work horse but mileage is poor. It will get you home when other vehicles may not. Room behind front grill for winch but need to provide pan. Recommend oil change every 3K with synthetic. Recommend Kevlar with heavy sidewall ply. I use a 60 inch tractor jack with ribbons in place of a winch. Good ground clearance. Have done many stream crossings with just standard equipment. I plan on keeping this truck forever. In 4WD the turning radius is poor. Mine is a 2007, silver with white roof, running boards, aluminum wheels, roof rack, brush guards, and standard bumper. Recommend installing a rear backup camera on license plate mount. Recommend oiling the frame routinely to keep rust away. Mud will build on inner fenders in nooks, so power wash with care under there. Nice to have a high ride that is short. This vehicle will scratch in the woods, so get cool with that happening and so wear with pride the scars on your skin."

A work horse that get me home from some bad spots in the woods.

Hauls like a truck, drives like a sports sedan.

By on Sunday, September 08, 2013

Pros: "Smooth ride, great sound, & powerful towing"

Cons: "None."

"Bought this FJ new in 2006 when it was love at first sight. The retro styling reminded me of the original Land Cruiser. The test drive proved comfortable for long trips and the drive train supported pulling our big trailer. It has hauled that full trailer over mountains easily. I still like this car to the point that I am reluctant to sell. Might just buy another FJ."

love this truck.

By on Friday, August 30, 2013

Pros: "off road second to none"

Cons: "I don't have any even after 150k miles"

"Best vehicle on the road by far."

Awesome truck!

By on Monday, August 26, 2013

Pros: "Built like a tank"

Cons: "Wish it was bigger"

"I have had my FJ for 3 years now and still love it as much as I did the day I bought it. Bought it because it reminded me of a hummvee, have to get a bigger truck and super bummed out that there isn't anything bigger in the same class as the FJ. Love the reliability and the overall ruggedness of the truck."

Most reliable and maintenance free ever owned

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pros: "Incredible reliabilty and durabilty."

Cons: "Gas mileage and windshield replacement."

"Remarkable for a first year vehicle. Have only done scheduled maintenance during warranty period and then changed oil, filters, etc. myself. Only negative is the upright flat windshield. Collects rocks like crazy! Loved it so much, we just purchased a 2013 and kept the 2007!!!!"

87000 miles and I still love to drive it

By on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pros: "Strong 4X4, fun to drive"

"After four years, there are no squeeks or rattles. I have never had a breakdown of any kind. People still give compliments. The FJ Cruiser is a great choice. I get about 24 miles per gallon overall. After four years it is worth 80% of what I paid for it"

I Love my FJ

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

"This is a wonderful automobile. I know it will make me happy for the rest of my days."

Car that always brings you home

By on Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Pros: "best offroad car, amazing manual trans."

Cons: "blindside issues but thats it"

"I've driven many cars in my lifetime and no other car makes you feel the way the Fj cruiser does. Nothing else is like it off road and I constantly get pulled over for people asking me about my car. Even when i had an m3 i didn't get anywhere near as many admirers. If you are even pondering whether to buy this car or not, go out for a test drive and see what you are missing out on."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota FJ Cruiser near Honolulu. See local deals