2009 Toyota FJ Cruiser

9.4

Based on 503 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

9.8/10

Some Suggestions

By on Thursday, November 8, 2007

"Interior noise needs to be reduced especially when excellerating...too noisy. Would like to see a small V-8 with 275hp to 300hp. V-6 is zippy, but it's still a 6 banger. Do not use Dunlop tires. They are rated very low in CR and I agree. Within 100 miles, 3 of the 4 tires had to be replaced. Took 3 trips to the dealership to correct...wasted 7 hrs. of my time."

One word "Awesome"

By on Friday, June 17, 2016

Pros: "Great looks, fun to drive, resale value, etc."

Cons: "Storage space but can make it work."

"After wanting an FJ Cruiser ever since they first came in production I finally bought a 2007 well cared for pre-owned with 100k on it. I have not owned it long enough to speak of "reliability" but based on my research and reviews I am not worried about that. I have owned many Lexus cars/suv's over the years so I am familiar with Toyota reliability. I have owned many nice cars including Porsche over the years and I must say in the short time I have owned this FJ it is my favorite vehicle I have owned. It is just fun to drive, it looks great,etc, etc. Lets look at a few things that people bring up about the FJ. First is the "blind spot". If you adjust your mirrors correctly and buy some $2.00 blind spot mirrors for both side mirrors and pay attention to what you are doing it is not a factor at all. The simplicity of the interior design is what I LOVE about the vehicle. Mine has the basics I want/need AC, cruise, am/fm/cd, power windows, power locks, keyless entry, 4x4. If you want a luxury SUV look at Lexus or something else. This SUV is utilitarian by design and function. I have a 7yo son and love the ability to wash the inside out after a trip to the beach, park, etc. My biggest complaint is the lack of storage by means of an enclosed arm rest compartment. Their are some aftermarket companies that have options be even they are not what I would like or used to. I will be looking at some workarounds to fix the storage situation. With a vehicle their are usually trades off no matter what. Love the Lexus RX series (I owned one) but they are not designed for "off road" even with the AWD version. The Dodge Durango (owned one) has great storage and space front and rear but the over all look is not that appealing. I don't consider myself a gear head but I do like nice cars. I am 45 years old and my FJ gets compliments from young and old. Plan on being part of the FJ "fraternity" because as you pass other people in an FJ they will wave or stop and talk. Strangers will either look at you, nod, or simply start asking questions. In the end the FJ is AWESOME if you understand what you are buying and what it is. It has been a long time since I have owned a vehicle I was excited about driving and finding myself looking for reasons to drive somewhere. I feel like a 16 year old that just got his licenses and wants to drive everywhere all the time for no reason at all. My plan is keeping this SUV for a lifetime and letting my son in 9 years drive it when he turns 16. It is a SUV me and him can enjoy together tinkering,doing small repairs, and doing modifications. I think this is the type vehicle that becomes part of a family for generations. P"

Great Vehicle

By on Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pros: "Excellent handling in bad weather, Head turner"

Cons: "Gas Mileage, Rough ride"

"Very reliable excellent in bad weather, great on snow and ice the vehicle stability control and AWD is amazing. Never have to worry about breakdowns change the oil and drive it. The ride is a little rough not great on long trips comfort wise. The 6 speed transmission is great lots of power for towing. Not great gas mileage is the only negative with v6 vvti."

2008 FJ Cruiser

By on Wednesday, September 30, 2009

"I purchase the FJ for a reason; I didn't want a road-only SUV, I have a Lexus for that. I live in Chicago and on the worse days and weekends in winter I travel north to Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for minus 20 degree nights and snow storms that challange anything out there. Outside the minor visibility issues (I'm used to not seeing behind me when I pull a snowmobile tailer) the FJ does everything well. The artificial intellegent transmission knows when your trailing and it doesn't constantantly downshift like other SUV's (including my lexus). Although not touted as tow vehicle this thing tows up to 5,000 lbs. The 2500 sled trailer is hardly noticed. If you want leather, gagets (it's got a few) heated and cooled seats there are a lot of choices. The FJ loaded out is not the 24K entry model, mine lists for 34K with the options. The interior is bare bones, but the drivtrain and body on frame are as good as Totota /Lexus makes. Off road the only thing that can touch it is a Jeep Rubicon (sorry Range Rover)"

FJ Cruiser 2007 C model

By on Friday, May 1, 2009

"I can't compare this vehicle to anything else I have owned. I have driven many trucks/SUV's and relate that to this review. THe raw impression is the FJ is a very capable 4WD and Sport vehicle. Besides the poor inside lighting, blind spots, windshield breaks, this vehicle has lots of apparent power, handles well, rides well for a truck/SUV. I am enjoying driving it a lot. I wonder why the premium fuel? It runs on regular just fine as well. I will haul a holiday trailer this summer."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota FJ Cruiser near Honolulu. See local deals