2009 Toyota FJ Cruiser

9.4

Based on 464 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

9.8/10

By on Friday, September 28, 2007

Awsome

By on Wednesday, September 26, 2007

"Graet vehicle for fun in the sun. Always meets the challange for offroad use."

Nice Head Turner

By on Tuesday, September 25, 2007

"I noticed the FJ in the Autoshow and I fell in love with it. I had to get one. Most Toyota Dealers had ordered high end fully loaded FJ's and I didn't want to the pay $36K for one. I finally was able to find one for less than $30K. It was and still is a head turning car for me. I got so much thumbs up from strangers on the road. People stopped next to me at stop lights would ask me what is this car! On the positive side, I like the ride, the design, the overal feel of the car. The parking sensor is a bumper saver in tight parking situations and a must-have. Traction control and VSC system is also a very good thing which keeps this SUV from losing control. On the Negative side: High Octane Fuel requirement (toyota should be able to design an engine that has good MPG and power and runs on regular fuel), poor rear window visibility, bad windshield (it catches lots of bugs and rocks. It chipped on me in the first month of ownership and I was quoted $800 to replace at dealer), Dash material is disappointing in a $30K SUV and for this price range, I was expecting more features like temperature display, compus and map lights be standard. My Xterra SE has so much more comfort/convenience features. This FJ gave me 22.5 MPG on my last trip which is not that bad from a 4.0L engine. The storage capacity is much tighter compared to my Xterra. I needed to have more things tied up to the roof rack. Back seats are not very comfy for longer trips. But overall, this is a fun SUV to drive and own. I hope Toyota addresses the few complaints I have."

Trendy & Pratical

By on Tuesday, September 25, 2007

"Our family has owned our FJ for a little over a year now. We love it. It is so much fun. We got the 6 speed and have had no problems with sluggishness or performance. We are a family of four so it is the perfect size for us and all our stuff. We live in Missouri, so we experience all sorts of weather... Last winter we got a snow of about 12 or so inches... we were out in it all day and didn't get stuck one time. We even stopped to help several American-made tough trucks that weren't moving. :-) Going muddin' is a blast! As far as comfort and convenience, this is not a luxury car, but was not meant to be. It is built rugged for a reason. I am only 4'11" and my husband is 5'9" and we neither one have any problems with the "visibility" issue that others have stated. In any vehicle you have to be alert and pay attention. I will agree with another reviewer though, the windshield is definitely a "bug magnet". I think the main problem is because it is completely vertical rather than sloped. But this is a minor inconvenience. We have received so my compliments and comments from everyone. It is definitely an attention getter. And it is a Toyota so we know it will last forever. My son is 9 and he says he gets the FJ when he turns 16... I would bet money on him being right... that is if we are ready to give it up by then! I definitely recommend the FJ if you are into adventure and fun.... and aren't looking for luxury."

Cool Cruiser

By on Monday, September 24, 2007

"Great vehicle for cruising around town or the farm. Stylish, fun and functional!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota FJ Cruiser near Honolulu. See local deals