2009 Toyota FJ Cruiser

9.4

Based on 478 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

9.8/10

Not a soccer mom's SUV

By on Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pros: "Fun, safe, gets you home from the woods."

Cons: "Blind spots to get used to and mileage."

A work horse that get me home from some bad spots in the woods.

"The most advanced off road vehicle. This is a very light but full framed off road vehicle. A little uncomfortable to sleep in but geared to get you out of the mud. Recommend chains all around on steep grades in the snow and ice. Bumpers are solid steel behind the plastic façade. So the guy that hits you will get the worst of it. Plastic easy to pop out and spray. Can tow and pull using frame mounted rings. Tight turning radius between trees and rocks. Recommend a rear bumper extender on the trailer hitch to protect rear door from being crushed by spare tire mount with rear impact. Independent rear gearing. Rear gears are susceptible to damage if rear-ended while brakes are not applies. Engine very good designed work horse but mileage is poor. It will get you home when other vehicles may not. Room behind front grill for winch but need to provide pan. Recommend oil change every 3K with synthetic. Recommend Kevlar with heavy sidewall ply. I use a 60 inch tractor jack with ribbons in place of a winch. Good ground clearance. Have done many stream crossings with just standard equipment. I plan on keeping this truck forever. In 4WD the turning radius is poor. Mine is a 2007, silver with white roof, running boards, aluminum wheels, roof rack, brush guards, and standard bumper. Recommend installing a rear backup camera on license plate mount. Recommend oiling the frame routinely to keep rust away. Mud will build on inner fenders in nooks, so power wash with care under there. Nice to have a high ride that is short. This vehicle will scratch in the woods, so get cool with that happening and so wear with pride the scars on your skin."

A work horse that get me home from some bad spots in the woods.

Amazing

By on Friday, November 20, 2009

"This vehicle is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. (I have owned over 20). The safety factors and the size is what first sold me on it. After driving in heavy and deep snow and experiencing the traction/stability control feature, I would recommend this to any driver. I have never had a day of mechanical or any other problems with it also. Many ask me about the mileage and it gets exactly what the sticker stated - 17-21 mpg"

incredible vehicle

By on Thursday, November 21, 2013

"we traded in our 2005 jeep wrangler for the 2013 Toyota fj cruiser. the Toyota is twice as large but with with much better mileage a much better ride than the jeep we are thrilled with the purchase"

Best money I ever spent

By on Saturday, September 28, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, handles any driving cond."

Cons: "no bluetooth"

"My wife calls the FJ my "other wife" because I love it so much. It is reliable, fun to drive (have a stick shift) and handles any weather conditions well. The V6 manual gives it great acceleration from a dead stop. The cargo space is great (we've moved furniture & appliances in it. It is incredibly reliable. I wouldn't trade this vehicle for ANYTHING."

This is my 2nd FJ and looking at getting another!!

By on Monday, March 11, 2013

Pros: "road clearance, smooth road ride, non-stoppable"

Cons: "gas milage, wiper blades don't last long"

"the first one i owned was purchased in june 2007. a nor'easter was coming through in december and i was in the adirondacks when i was returning home (6 hours away). i was in 4-wheel drive for over 5 hours of that trip. the fj went through everything with ease and sure-handedness!! first time ever when it wasn't a white-nuckled snow driving experience. there was over a foot of snow when i arrived home that night. i did have a rear transaxel leak and got that repaired but no other issues. i put on about 35k miles a year and traded it in for a new 2010 fj. most people, when they get a new car, tend to get something different. this was the 1st time that i ever purchased the same vehicle. i did it for several reasons. i'm comfortable with the vehicle. i travel extensively and it can get through anything mother nature has to offer. as simple as the amenities are, they're just what i need. one peeve of mine is that they didn't improve the quality of the wiper blades. they don't seem to last as long as other vehicles i've owned and streak miserably. as crazy as it may seem, i may be trading this in for a new 2013 model. btw my most previous vehicles prior to the fj's were volvos and yes, it was a luxury/amenity shock but i got past that. the comfort (i drive 8 hours at a whack) , reliability, and sure-footedness feeling in inclement weather, keeps me coming back."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota FJ Cruiser near Honolulu. See local deals