2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser

9.4

Based on 499 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

9.8/10

very reliable,fun to drive,very tough off road

By on Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Pros: "can be used as an every day driver or off roading"

Cons: "poor gas mileage"

"I have owned my FJ (2007) since new, original 30k miles 1 owner,I have have over 20 different vehicles in my life and NONE compare to my FJ, it handles like a car,yet very rugid when I need it to be, I pull my boat,camper and off road vehicle and barely notice they are behind me,I HIGHLY recommend at least test driving one before you buy something else when in the market for a vehicle, very very nice vehicles!!"

Very good vehicle for anyone living in the country

By on Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pros: "Compitent, fun to drive , dependable"

Cons: "Blind spots in back half of vehicle"

"I will never be able to wear this vehicle out. I do not have to worry about my wife being out in bad weather in this vehicle."

Great Vehicle

By on Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pros: "Excellent handling in bad weather, Head turner"

Cons: "Gas Mileage, Rough ride"

"Very reliable excellent in bad weather, great on snow and ice the vehicle stability control and AWD is amazing. Never have to worry about breakdowns change the oil and drive it. The ride is a little rough not great on long trips comfort wise. The 6 speed transmission is great lots of power for towing. Not great gas mileage is the only negative with v6 vvti."

Cool car...but not for people with small kids!

By on Thursday, May 26, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, goes great in snow, reliable and low maintenance"

Cons: "Difficulty getting in and out of back seat, cheap floor mats"

"It's definitely a cool-looking car and a lot of people look at it and ask how we like it. It's a very reliable ride and goes great in the snow or mud. The windshield is a drawback... So big and flat that it's a bug magnet! The other minor negative about the interior is the cheapo floor mats...they fell apart within the first year. The biggest issue is the backseat for anyone who has kids in car seats - trust me - this is NOT the car for you. Luckily, we don't have small children... But on the occasions where we took our grandchildren somewhere in their car seats, it became quickly apparent that it would be a real chore to do that routinely."

2008 FJ Cruiser

By on Wednesday, September 30, 2009

"I purchase the FJ for a reason; I didn't want a road-only SUV, I have a Lexus for that. I live in Chicago and on the worse days and weekends in winter I travel north to Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for minus 20 degree nights and snow storms that challange anything out there. Outside the minor visibility issues (I'm used to not seeing behind me when I pull a snowmobile tailer) the FJ does everything well. The artificial intellegent transmission knows when your trailing and it doesn't constantantly downshift like other SUV's (including my lexus). Although not touted as tow vehicle this thing tows up to 5,000 lbs. The 2500 sled trailer is hardly noticed. If you want leather, gagets (it's got a few) heated and cooled seats there are a lot of choices. The FJ loaded out is not the 24K entry model, mine lists for 34K with the options. The interior is bare bones, but the drivtrain and body on frame are as good as Totota /Lexus makes. Off road the only thing that can touch it is a Jeep Rubicon (sorry Range Rover)"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota FJ Cruiser near Honolulu. See local deals