2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser

9.4

Based on 483 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

9.8/10

I LOVE MY FJ CRUISER!

By on Sunday, January 06, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, Amazing control ability on/off road"

Cons: "Wish it had bigger stock tires"

"I must say that I adore my FJ Cruiser. It is unlike any other vehicle on the road and any other car I have owned. My husband and I have had ours for a year now and love it so much we will pass it down to our kids. It is great on on the streets and highways but also great for occasional offroaders like ourselves. We have three small kids who can fit across the back seat in boosters, but I wouldn't recommend it to those with multiple car seats! The biggest complaint about it that I have seen here is the visibility issues. Yes, there are huge blind spots, which I now know to just not depend on looking over my shoulder, instead I use the small mirrors on the sides! Never had any problems with changing lanes! But aside from that I have no issues with my FJ!"

Love my Little FJ!!!

By on Saturday, December 29, 2012

Pros: "Fun, very comfortable for taller people (I'm 6'2")"

"Well, went to get the oil changed today at 60K and walked into the showroom with some money burning a hole in my pocket. Drove a gorgeous new 4Runner, but walked and decided to just think about an impulse decision (for once!). After pondering this all day, I've decided I really do just love my FJ too much to part with it yet. I've traded off vehicles just for the sake of having something new or different, but I'm realizing it would be foolish to get rid of something that has been so perfect for me. A buddy just got a new Wrangler, and I personally think it's junk compared to my tight, squeak-and-rattle-free FJ. I want to note that I've owned it since new (it's an '07), and the only thing I've done to it is change the oil........oh, and the tires. Nothing else. What can I add, other than to say it's been a great rig and I'm glad I'm keeping it!!!"

Love it!

By on Thursday, October 11, 2012

"Love my FJ. 'Wicked blind spot'? That reviewer must be 4 feet tall. I never had a problem, the blind spot gripe is way over rated. As far as gas mileage, I average 22 mpg city/highway. Like any vehicle you need to go lightly on the gas pedal and watch your speed. Seats are very comfortable even though the interior is spartan. It would be nice to have some sort of an upgrade interior option though. Stereo is phenomenal too."

Reliable, Go Anywhere SUV

By on Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable, excellent off-road"

Cons: "blind spots, back seat windows and space"

"I bought my FJ with 15 miles on it. I have never had any problems with it, not even minor mishaps. I can pretty much go anywhere, and working in the mountains, I go most places. I don't do a lot of recreational off roading, but if I did, this is the vehicle I would be driving. Besides some minor blind spots, which you get used to, the only other complaint I would have is the back seat. Kids fit back there, yes, but they can't see out the windows! The washable interior is perfect for kids and dogs and anything else you want to stick back there. The power is excellent as well. I towed a jeep cherokee laredo out of the snowy ditch, which no one thought I could do, and the FJ didn't even pause. I've put a lot of miles on this baby, and may have to give it up to accomodate the kids. That will be a sad sad day."

Excellent Vehcile

By on Wednesday, January 09, 2008

"Had the FJ for over a year now and am totally pleased with the truck. I've had several SUV's including Jeeps, 4X4 trucks, Explorers and the like and the FJ tops them all. I have a lift kit that made much inprovement in handling and stoppong, no more nose dive with hard breaking. With oversized tires, air intake and exhaust mods, I get an average of 22 mpg on the highway. A V8 and sun roof would be nice additions to the package. I will be adding a sun roof this summer. Rear visibility takes a little getting use to but it's not bad at all. I run mid-grade gas and have had no problems. Off road, it's supreme! I have a Jeep CJ7 I've built for off-road but the FJ goes places the Jeep never could. Overall, the Toyota FJ Cruiser is an outstanding vehicle for what it was designed for. Don't buy it for looks, buy it for an all around, do anything vehicle. It's made for off road, take it there."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota FJ Cruiser near Honolulu. See local deals