2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser

9.4

Based on 448 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

9.7/10

This rig is a tank!

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "Decent price, drives like a dream, looks good"

Cons: "Mileage, rear sight"

"I have always driven Toyotas, mostly early 80s to mid 90s model trucks with my exception of the world renown FJ40. The little lady talked me in to stepping into the new millennium so we were on the hunt for a new generation toy. I took a new 4runner and Tacoma for a spin, then I tried the FJ Cruiser which I never really thought much about. I fell in love after 1 block. The interior is awesome the pavement drivability was great, I had to have it. I've had it now for 2 years and still love it to death! Great power and awesome in snow conditions. Never had a single issue with this 'truck' it is an 08 bought with 57k miles and now close to 90k and still feels brand new. Only thing I'm 50-50 on is no traction control disability is 2 or 4 high. I've come to grips it just prevents me from doing something I might regret. Mileage isn't great but I won't get caught dead in a hybrid!"

no comment. except , its a car to really own.

By on Thursday, August 14, 2014

Pros: "none"

"beautiful car. you will be proud to own it"

Unbelievable Vehicle

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "Off road performance, value, durability, fun"

Cons: "Rear access, comfort, visibility;windsheild damage"

"I’m the original owner of the original model year. I have owned LOTS of Toyotas, including a few Tacomas, but this is the best for the purposes it's made for. Not a SINGLE interior or exterior mechanical with it (only wear and tear items). Probably the biggest grip is the ease at which the windshield is damaged by stones (due to its vertical orientation), and the paint chips just a little too easily. I’ve made just a few modifications to it (lift kit, full roof rack, towing kit, etc), and couldn’t be happier. This thing is most comfortable off road (in fact, it's a beast), but does fine on road, while not being particularly agile (of course). It has good power when not loaded up or towing, and is pretty quick. I tow a 4300# camper (loaded), and it generally does fine. It certainly lacks power in a pinch, and the short wheelbase doesn’t help stability when towing. Comfort up front is reasonable, but not so much in back. Visibility is just OK, but again, not if you are in back. Great for a single person or couple, and while not horrible, it is a bit rough if you are always using the rear seat. Overall, if you think you can put this to good use in the wilderness and don’t have kids, this is the truck for you. Oh, and it has retained close to 80% of its value over the 7 ½ years. Amazing."

I love my FJ

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "poor visibilty"

Cons: "fun to drive, looks cool in store windows..."

"I traded in my Sequoia for this 2007 FJ Cruiser it is the best vehicle I have had yet. Its perfect size, and great in the snow for me. NEG - The transmission had to be replaced at 70,000 miles and also the rear axle...this FJ doesn't go off road so its hard to say why the failure or at least I haven't been told the real reason why and had to replace the rear axle via my out of pocket costs...As as a family vehicle it is not comfortable, not roomy enough and the windows in the back seat should be able to roll down I do not get many backseat passengers...The driving visibility is poor due to the frame on the outside of the windows and positioning of the mirrors. Anyway I drive it mostly and enjoy it I just make sure I am careful regarding seeing other drivers or pedestrians...it is probably my last Toyota."

Excellent driving SUV, up 24mpg on highway

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

"May not ever sell it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota FJ Cruiser near Honolulu. See local deals