2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

9.4

Based on 503 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

9.8/10

Great for tougher driving conditions

By on Saturday, March 14, 2015

Pros: "Crash rollover ratings, stereo, handling, passing"

Cons: "blind spots, back seat access, rutty ice driving"

"I live in Alaska, and have teen and preteen kids. I have the Trail Teams Edition, so it comes with more bells and whistles. I LOVE my Land Cruiser! I get A LOT of complements. So many pluses that the negatives are easy to learn, but with each vehicle, this is what you should expect. I get 17 mpg in town/4 wheel, and 20-21 mpg on the highway. Very low maintenance. With kids and pets, I love that the interior can be sprayed down. The stereo this model came with has a subwoofer and it ROCKS!! Passing with the automatic is pretty good for a V6. The only negatives: with owning 4WD vehicles my whole life, this is one vehicle I HAD to put studs on. The body sits wider than a normal vehicle, so on rutty ice/slushy conditions, this vehicle will fish tail without the studs. Just need to drive with more reactiveness because of it. I have also needed a new windshield almost yearly because of its almost straight up aspect, it doesn't deflect rocks well. There are major blind spots, but being a fire fighter and married to one, we love the crash and rollover ratings on this vehicle and understand that the beams are much beefier than other vehicles. You learn to use extra caution on changing lanes, turns, and merges. Since this has suicide doors on more of a lifted vehicle, this is a car you can put kids, teens, or smaller adults in the back. I have put 6'+ in back, and a friend who is 6'6" was surprised at how well he fit comfortably in the driver seat. Lots of head and leg room in FRONT. Other than that, this vehicle will go ANYwhere you want it to. Absolutely fun to drive. It's not a Cadillac CTS so don't expect it to drive like one. This is definitely a vehicle for someone who wants sporty over luxury. You want more luxury? Get the larger Land Cruiser."

Excellent daily driver & weekend trails explorer

By on Friday, January 3, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Ample power/torque and cargo space."

Cons: "Not a family car as it is not a true 4-door"

Easy to drive in winter conditions

"Bought this vehicle for my wife as a daily driver for her and most weekends we can be found in the southern California mountains off-roading. Previously owned a Jeep Liberty/Renegade which was an "acceptable" 4wd vehicle - The FJ weighs about 1,400 lbs more and handles much better on snow/ice getting to our cabin. This vehicle is simply fun to drive and quite functional. Ample room for our two dogs, plenty of power/torque when needed. Resale value speaks volumes about this truck."

Easy to drive in winter conditions

Exactly what it wants you think it is, AWESOME!

By on Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pros: "True All Terrain vehicle."

Cons: "Cannot think of any my FJ is exactly what expected"

"Great vehicle."

Hauls like a truck, drives like a sports sedan.

By on Sunday, September 8, 2013

Pros: "Smooth ride, great sound, & powerful towing"

Cons: "None."

"Bought this FJ new in 2006 when it was love at first sight. The retro styling reminded me of the original Land Cruiser. The test drive proved comfortable for long trips and the drive train supported pulling our big trailer. It has hauled that full trailer over mountains easily. I still like this car to the point that I am reluctant to sell. Might just buy another FJ."

Most reliable and maintenance free ever owned

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pros: "Incredible reliabilty and durabilty."

Cons: "Gas mileage and windshield replacement."

"Remarkable for a first year vehicle. Have only done scheduled maintenance during warranty period and then changed oil, filters, etc. myself. Only negative is the upright flat windshield. Collects rocks like crazy! Loved it so much, we just purchased a 2013 and kept the 2007!!!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota FJ Cruiser near Honolulu. See local deals