2005 Toyota Echo

9.3

Based on 406 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

9.7/10

Best car EVER MADE!

By on Sunday, June 23, 2013

Pros: "Economical; as"green" as gas gets; high seat level"

Cons: "unstable in high winds or high speeds, road noise"

"I drove this car home in Dec 1999. It is on its 3rd catalytic converter and I replaced the water pump and radiator. Other than that, only standard maintenance and this weekend I got 39.2 miles per gallon!!! It is THE MOST cost-effective car I've ever owned, and that includes the Toyota MR2 I had until it was over 450,000 miles. True, the ride is a little unstable when the wind is howling. And there is a fair amount of road noise. But I'll take that ANY day when what I need is a good, reliable, inexpensive car that can carry 8' lumber with the back seats down AND tow a 4x8 trailer if it's not loaded too heavily. I can't imagine being without this car. It sits so high that even when I had a torn knee ligament, I could still get in and out comfortably; try that in a Honda or any other compact car!!! God forbid my little golden girl should ever give up the ghost, I am going to look for another one with "low mileage" (you know...around 100,000 miles!!!) LOL!! For those of you who list more cons than pros, I'm laughing at you all the way to the bank!!"

Most amazing car ever

By on Monday, November 26, 2007

"This car was amazing. I have never loved a car more. I never had any mechanical problems, only ever had to go to the shop once for new breaks at 130,000 miles. I loved that the locks and windows were manual. Everything was so simple, and I'm the kind of person who appreciates that. It had the most amazing turning radius, I've never seen anything like it. It looks small, but its nice and big on the interior, much bigger feeling than my current Nissan Altima. The trunk is huge. I could easily fit my dog's crate in the back seat. Although the seats weren't made of a great material, they were comfortable and even after hours of driving felt fine. The gas mileage was phenomonal. This car is worth its weight in gold. It was funny looking, but I couldn't ask for a better car. On the other hand, I was almost killed in a low speed accident in a neighboorhood when a truck hit me. My car was totalled with only a dent in the trucks bumper. Basically, echo vs anything= whatever hits you wins. Be it a deer, a dog, a pole...this car will collapse. Also, the plastic bits are cheap and fall off easily. Even after my car going through a crash so poorly, I would buy one again in a heartbeat. Nothing else like them on the road. I wish I could find another one."

as good as expected

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

Pros: "5 cup holders, extra cubby space in front"

Cons: "loud engine, esp. on highway"

"I have owned this car for 10 years and it has held up as well as I could have expected. Within last 6 mos, need some AC repair. Otherwise only regular maintenance required since purchased new. Wonderful gas mileage. More head room and trunk space than you'd expect out of compact. Also, more noise from engine than I'd like, but worth the $aving$ on gas. Not ideal for family vacations, but served me just fine as a single person everyday."

great gas mileage

By on Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"I have owned this vehicle since 2001 with 116,000 miles. Gets 38-39 MPG, keep the tires pumped up, air filter clean, and change plugs at 50K. Other than that, the only major work was the bearings, all of them. Use toyota parts, as some after market parts don't fit. Great car overall."

The Little Engine that Could

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"I bought my Echo new in 2002. Ever since, it has more than proved itself. When my coworkers complain about the increasing cost of gasoline, I feel pretty good every time I go to the pumps. When I need to move apartments, the spacious trunk and roomy interior comes in very handy. When it snows, my little Echo stays on the road (due to a relatively wide wheel base), while incapacitated SUVs line the roadside. When I encounter potentially dangerous situations, the Echo has the ability to accelerate quickly and is nimble enough to avoid trouble ahead like deer jumping out into the road. The practicality of the Echo (gas mileage, reliability, and price) drew me to it. However, over the past five years it has proven itself in many situations and as a result, we have built a pretty good bond."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Echo near Honolulu. See local deals