2005 Toyota Echo

9.3

Based on 382 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

9.7/10

Love this car

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "mpg, fun, reliable, smooth ride, handles well"

Cons: "noisy on the highway"

"I bought this car a couple months ago. My mechanic told me these cars only really have problems with the starter and mine has already been replaced. I've put about 10,000 miles on it in the few months I've had it and I haven't had any problems. It runs great and gets exceptional gas mileage (47 on the highway with the vent instead of the A/C) . I was hesitant about getting a car that was completely manual, but it really hasn't been a much of an inconvenience as I anticipated. I really like how simple the layout inside is. I didn't have to read the manual to know where anything is because it's all clearly marked and right there."

Make Them Again!!!

By on Friday, July 04, 2014

Pros: "Everything!!"

Cons: "No intermittent wipers, no sideview mirror access"

"Two door 2002 Echo was bought brand new on Oct 31, 2001. It now has 302,000 miles on it and I'm still averaging 45mpg in the summer!! The only work done has been wheel bearings replaced several times. Wisconsin winters are helping to rust it out, but I'll drive it till she's given up the ghost!! Please bring these little mpg gems back!!"

Why Oh Why Did They Stop Making This Car?

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, reliable, economical"

Cons: "Idiots at Toyota Quit Making It"

"I bought this car in Feb. of 2000, and it is still going strong. My husband is pressuring me to start thinking about buying another car, but I can't find anything that comes close to the Echo's comfort and reliability. I have the four door model, and it's high enough off the ground to enter and exit easily without twisting, even though I and my friends are well into middle age. The interior feels really large, and you have a LOT of headroom, even 6 foot guys have felt comfortable riding in it. I live pretty close to where I work, so while the mileage is low for how old it is, it's spent a lot of time on the road. It has great visibility and it really feels like a much bigger car than it is with it's stable smooth ride. And my mileage has been very good, with my commute, which is only 8 or 9 miles but timewise is a half hour of "stop and go" every day in an urban area, I can go three weeks on one tank of gas. Other than changing the tires and the oil I only had one problem with it (in 2011 a computer chip went bad and had to be replaced.) I may keep the car another 14 years, I haven't driven anything new that comes close. So disappointed I can't get a new version of this."

I will die before it!`

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Cons: "Outside noise, 2 doors. People make fun of it."

"I bought this car in 2004 for $6900 and it had 16K miles on it. It's been my commuter car ever since. Ten years later it has 160K on it, is valued at $2650 and my mechanic says it will go forever, which is more than I can say for myself. When I first got it I got 45 mpg hwy (which is most of my commute). I now get 38-40 mpg depending on time of year, tires, and outside temp. Mind you I added a roof rack with bike racks and haul a bike around a bit, which can subtract from mileage. I can park it anywhere and it still looks like new. It is so roomy on the inside that I fit 3 obese brothers comfortably with lots of head and leg room. It was amusing watching them get in and out of a 2 door car though."

Best and most reliable car I've ever owned.

By on Sunday, April 20, 2014

Pros: "Extreme value over time for investment."

Cons: "No cruise control and power windows would be nice."

"Great in snow, rain or shine. No repairs were needed, just brakes, oil, air filter, etc."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Echo near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for