2001 Toyota Echo

9.3

Based on 419 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

9.7/10

Great mileage for a commute car: 43 mpg for years

By on Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Pros: "Great mileage, great relialibility, great headroom"

Cons: "CD player wore out. Paint on rooftop is peeling."

"I drove this car to work every day for six years. A 75 mile trip each way, so it was in the "extreme commute" category and over 40,000 miles each year. My Echo consistently averaged around 43 mpg the whole time. All I did was regularly change the oil. It has never developed any mechanical problems and is still going strong at over 255,000 miles. I can't believe Toyota took this car off the market after only a few years. Perhaps it competed too effectively against their own Prius. It has a similar body style, gets almost as good gas mileage as the hybrid BUT only cost about half as much. I still see a lot of Echos on the road and am glad I made the choice to buy a new one back when I did. I would buy another one if they were still available. (that is, if my first one ever wears out)"

My Toyota Echo, aka The Tank.. 230k miles so far..

By on Monday, September 21, 2015

Pros: "Tank. Lasts forever."

Cons: "Slightly uncomfortable seating position."

"I have owned my Toyota Echo since it was new in 2001. This has been my first and only car. I grew up with this car; it has been with me through high school and the entire decade of my 20's. I can honestly say that it has never required any major repairs; I have maintained oil changes every 3,000 miles and have had minor things replaced throughout the years (water pump, brakes, etc) due to normal wear and tear. This car has never let me down, and starts up every time. We have been through a lot together...if only this car could talk! It would have some stories to tell. I have racked up 230k miles on this thing...and counting. I could easily see another 100k miles added to this engine!"

Simply put...best vehicle ever!!

By on Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Pros: "across the boards good!"

Cons: "none really.not for a supposedly strip own model"

"My first toyota at 60 years young and as well, the best car I have ever owned to date!! I have no affiliation with this company....but would in a public attestation! :)"

Best little econo box out there !!

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pros: "Super reliable, cheap and easy to own"

Cons: "Acceleration, road noise, feels like a tin can,"

"I used to be a chevy or GM fan. I become disgusted with GM after owning a Lumina and a Cavalier with numerous issues. I decided to give Toyota a try, I wanted by definition a "car", nothing more or less, something to get me to work in a cheap reliable fashion. This car is what I was looking for, always starts, zero issues ( I can't stress this enough) excellent economy (33mpg in the city / 39 highway). I have only had to change the oil a few times and replace the wiper blades, that's it, nothing else. I purchased this 03 Echo w/auto trans 2 years ago with 73,000 miles, I now have 94,000 miles and it's been alot more reliable than the brand new cavalier I have purchased in 1994. I recommend this to anyone who wants a no-frills cheap reliable car. It's by no means a hot-rod, but with today's gas prices I'll take it for my daily commute."

I love my echo

By on Friday, September 28, 2007

"I have had my Toyota Echo for two years now. When I frist brought thr car it was used and there have never been any problems with my car. All I do is my oil changes it took two years before I had to have brake work done and thats not telling if the brakes have ever been changed on that car. The car was used for a rental car before I had purchased it am I am so glad to have it. So people think because of the size that the car is slow, if you think that your wrong. The Echo can get up and go with the best of them. The Echo does has some problems with hills but once they are over that hill zoom there go. I think this is a great car for a single person or someone with no more than two kids. The echo can get in the best parking spots too."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Echo near Honolulu. See local deals