2000 Toyota Echo

9.3

Based on 423 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

9.7/10

Hate to see it go! Feeling nostalgic.

By on Friday, May 20, 2016

Pros: "comfortable, roomy, gas saver, dependable, A/C"

Cons: "slow but fast enough, doesn't like hills"

"Bought this car brand new on 2/1/2000, first year the Echo was manufactured. We really liked the 4 door sedan's styling as it appeared online and test drove it within a few days. We fell in love with it. My husband is 6'5" and at the time the Echo was the only economy car in which he could comfortably fit. It offers plenty of headroom and elbow room, seat adjustment goes back far enough to allow for plenty of leg room (not so much for the person who has to sit behind him), and offers TONS of interior and trunk storage. Its capacity to transport, haul and store items has amazed countless passengers over the years. What it lacks in get-up-and-go it certainly makes up for in every other way including comfort and great gas mileage. These are only trumped by its dependability. It still starts up on the first try, runs like a champ and has never left us stranded (except for once when the anti-theft device button thingy was pushed by mistake). For over 16 years this car has made our lives easier. My son essentially grew up in the back of the Echo as it transported him to his 2nd day of school, various functions and road trips to So. Cal. It continued to transport him to his college classes after we passed on the torch (the keys) to him. Alas, it's now time to say good bye to our faithful, dependable and comfortable economy car, and I have to admit that I'm having second thoughts about selling it. Farewell faithful Echo, echo, echo."

Best little econo box out there !!

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pros: "Super reliable, cheap and easy to own"

Cons: "Acceleration, road noise, feels like a tin can,"

"I used to be a chevy or GM fan. I become disgusted with GM after owning a Lumina and a Cavalier with numerous issues. I decided to give Toyota a try, I wanted by definition a "car", nothing more or less, something to get me to work in a cheap reliable fashion. This car is what I was looking for, always starts, zero issues ( I can't stress this enough) excellent economy (33mpg in the city / 39 highway). I have only had to change the oil a few times and replace the wiper blades, that's it, nothing else. I purchased this 03 Echo w/auto trans 2 years ago with 73,000 miles, I now have 94,000 miles and it's been alot more reliable than the brand new cavalier I have purchased in 1994. I recommend this to anyone who wants a no-frills cheap reliable car. It's by no means a hot-rod, but with today's gas prices I'll take it for my daily commute."

GREAT VEHICLE, I HATE TO SELL IT

By on Saturday, November 2, 2013

"THIS VEHICLE HAS GOTTEN ME HOME SAFE IN MANY SNOWSTORMS HERE IN WISCONSIN. I DRIVE 70 MILES DAILY 5 DAYS A WEEK TO WORK, NOT COUNTING ALL THE OTHER RUNNING AROUND I DO. I HAVE THE OIL CHANGED, TIRES ROTATED, ONE BATTERY CHANGE AND A FEW OTHER SMALL WEAR AND TEAR REPAIRS. I CAN CHANGE THE CABIN FILTER, BACK WINDOW DOME LIGHT, LICENSE PLATE LIGHT, INSIDE LIGHT, AND THE BACK SEAT IS GREAT FOR TRANSPORTING JUST ABOUT ANYTHING. I HOPE MY NEW COROLLA IS JUST AS RELIABLE......."

Loved it for 14 years-would buy another one!

By on Thursday, July 9, 2015

Pros: "design suited me for sitting in driver's seat, air"

Cons: "bumpy ride"

"I loved this car from the beginning because suited my long legs and shorter torso as well as the fresh air flow system -- and kept it forever because it is reliable, good on gas milage, and easy to drive. With regular oil changes, it didn't need much work for almost 200, 000 miles. Now it has emissions problems, and I guess I better let it go. I wish they were still making them-- I would buy another one with updated safety features."

This is my third Echo, love them

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

"Very gas efficient and reliable, I always get significantly more MPG than they claim: 35-40 in city always. Mine is a manual. The steering is hard ie doesn't feel like power steering but that is my only complaint and it is minor. Have never had any mechanical problems with any of the Echoes that I have had. Last one had over 130,000 miles on it before I sold it to a neighbor, it now has just under 200,000 and is still going!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Echo near Honolulu. See local deals