2014 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,208 - $17,903.

10/7.6

Based on 41 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Looks better, drives like a brick

By on Saturday, December 27, 2014

Pros: "Takes unleaded gas, styling, comfortable"

Cons: "Horrible driving characteristics, bad electronics"

"Well, I finally took my parents advice and got a Toyota. After years of BMW's, VW's, MINI's and Honda's I decided to go practical (my Honda was an S2000). What a mistake. The updated appearance is nice but deceiving. This vehicle LOOKS like it should drive better. I have an S plus with a manual thinking that would be a slightly peppier, "more fun to drive" version. I was incorrect. The balance is all wrong in this vehicle. When I test drove it I thought I would get over all the little things about it which I did not like. The steering is vague at best, the clutch temper mental, shifter RUBBERY and acceleration nonexistent until you hit 4500 + RPM's. Depreciation has been atrocious. The electronics are sub par. It takes eons for USB's to load, voice commands never work (but that is the case in every vehicle), it is hit or miss on bluetooth connectivity, navigation and automatic temperature control is nonintuitive. On the bright side the vehicle does look good both inside and out. Layout is clean. It is very comfortable, the seats especially. There is a lot of storage space (huge trunk and rear seats). Gas mileage has been so-so (average 28), but the unleaded regular is a lot cheaper. Overall this vehicle would be great for someone looking for a vehicle that looks like a sport's car but drives like a Town Car. If you truly appreciate driving move on to something else."

Tech, affordable, spacious, BUT delicate

By on Sunday, December 21, 2014

Pros: "Extremely affordable, high tech, legroom"

Cons: "Bumpy over bumps, flimsy at spots"

"+bluetooth music/phone +rearview backup camera +combined key unlocker, trunk opener (my old 2012 Camry L had a separate car opener, and a separate key) Toyota is doing $4500 off MSRP if you ask. This holiday season, I couldn't find anything close to $16k with so many features. I test drove a Honda and the salesman struggled to come up with reasons why I should pay thousands more for a Civic. The Civic was a lot more cramped in the back, didn't have the usual cupholders in the back mid seat. The only downside is that they could have spent a little more time in it... - USB port flap is very flimsy and looks like it will pop off accidentally like it did on my Camry - Going over speed bumps, I can feel it more than with my Camry"

better than expected

By on Saturday, November 29, 2014

"averaging 40MPG. Comfortable ride."

Just the facts

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Nice interior"

Cons: "Noisy when on the freeway. Gas Mileage."

"I had a fully loaded version of this car since mine was in the shop for a couple of days. I have to admit the interior was overhauled and looked good for this car class, however, I didn't find the gas mileage any different from my 2003 Volkswagen Passat. I travel about 70 miles for work and noticed I got the same mileage per gallon ratio. Also my kids kept asking me why the car was loud when we were on the freeway and I have to agree it seem very noisy compared to a Ford Focus or my 4 Runner. So I guess it comes down to the historical reliability that Toyota seems to have which will make people gravitate to this car, however, I would caution since my 2004 Toyota has been having engine problem which still hasn't been resolved completely. And it was this reliability reputation the reason I bought the car in the first place. So who knows."

Expecting 150,000+ miles

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "Unbeatable Value + Historical Reliability"

Cons: "Convenience Package Not Worth It"

"2015 Corolla S Plus with Convenience Package — Blue with blue seat insets. Immediately went from the dealer to a third-party installer to tint the windows (25%), add a clear bra and side mirror clear wrap, add blue LED footwell lights, two white LED strips in the truck (the see cargo), and a small LED glovebox light (Toyota doesn't include a glovebox light — crazy). Went back to the installer a week later for a set of Infinity Reference S speakers all the way around (they're invisible — drop right into factory mounts). 5,000 miles in I'm still convinced it's the best small car value at present. Roomy with a great interior and feature set, super comfortable front seats, 38~40 mpg on flat highways. My only regret is the convenience package. I should've shopped longer for one in my preferred color combo with just a sunroof. I don't find the SatNav and keyless entry worth the negotiated price (let alone sticker). My iPhone mounted on the dash with Waze, Google Maps, and Apple Maps is a far better navi tool and is closer to the driver. That money is better spent upgrading the weak Toyota speakers (that are connected to an otherwise nice stereo head unit with bluetooth, etc). I love the revised (2014) 11th generation Corolla styling. It's the perfect blend of aggression and practicality. The blue (with a hint of purple) was what got me in the dealership, beating out (my final pics) a Honda Fit, Honda Civic Si, and Subaru Impreza Sport. Two of my relatives have older Corollas and everyone knows how reliable they are. Now that they have a little bit more fun/style, and Toyota dealers are aggressive on pricing — how can you go wrong?"