2014 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,182 - $17,885.

10/7.6

Based on 38 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

2015 toyota corolla

By on Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Cons: "cheap, ugly design, bad seats."

"2015 toyota corolla, a piece of junk. it is a bubble car and is darn ugly. seats are bad and the engine is underpowered and loud . you want a good car pay the extra couple thousand get a civic , it is more than twice the car this bubble car is .."

toyota gives you stability

By on Sunday, January 11, 2015

Pros: "reliable, safe, smooth ride, durable engine, AMAZE"

Cons: "none unless you're a spoiled person"

"after owning only 90's model junker used cars and watching all my $$ disappear into the unpredictable maintenance i decided to lease a new toyota corolla. I chose toyota because my 1996 toyota corolla I owned for milage from 200,000 to 250,000 was the smoothest used car ride i had experienced out of used fords, hondas, hyundais, or jettas. I live in arctic winters and the toyota corolla has great traction on snowy and icy hills, plows through unplowed streets and always starts on the first try in -20 degree weather. thanks toyota for offering low affordable leasing options and school grad rebates to help people get a new reliable car. now I can save my friends and family who have their cars break down and need a ride to work before they lose their jobs."

Looks better, drives like a brick

By on Saturday, December 27, 2014

Pros: "Takes unleaded gas, styling, comfortable"

Cons: "Horrible driving characteristics, bad electronics"

"Well, I finally took my parents advice and got a Toyota. After years of BMW's, VW's, MINI's and Honda's I decided to go practical (my Honda was an S2000). What a mistake. The updated appearance is nice but deceiving. This vehicle LOOKS like it should drive better. I have an S plus with a manual thinking that would be a slightly peppier, "more fun to drive" version. I was incorrect. The balance is all wrong in this vehicle. When I test drove it I thought I would get over all the little things about it which I did not like. The steering is vague at best, the clutch temper mental, shifter RUBBERY and acceleration nonexistent until you hit 4500 + RPM's. Depreciation has been atrocious. The electronics are sub par. It takes eons for USB's to load, voice commands never work (but that is the case in every vehicle), it is hit or miss on bluetooth connectivity, navigation and automatic temperature control is nonintuitive. On the bright side the vehicle does look good both inside and out. Layout is clean. It is very comfortable, the seats especially. There is a lot of storage space (huge trunk and rear seats). Gas mileage has been so-so (average 28), but the unleaded regular is a lot cheaper. Overall this vehicle would be great for someone looking for a vehicle that looks like a sport's car but drives like a Town Car. If you truly appreciate driving move on to something else."

Tech, affordable, spacious, BUT delicate

By on Sunday, December 21, 2014

Pros: "Extremely affordable, high tech, legroom"

Cons: "Bumpy over bumps, flimsy at spots"

"+bluetooth music/phone +rearview backup camera +combined key unlocker, trunk opener (my old 2012 Camry L had a separate car opener, and a separate key) Toyota is doing $4500 off MSRP if you ask. This holiday season, I couldn't find anything close to $16k with so many features. I test drove a Honda and the salesman struggled to come up with reasons why I should pay thousands more for a Civic. The Civic was a lot more cramped in the back, didn't have the usual cupholders in the back mid seat. The only downside is that they could have spent a little more time in it... - USB port flap is very flimsy and looks like it will pop off accidentally like it did on my Camry - Going over speed bumps, I can feel it more than with my Camry"

better than expected

By on Saturday, November 29, 2014

"averaging 40MPG. Comfortable ride."

Just the facts

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Nice interior"

Cons: "Noisy when on the freeway. Gas Mileage."

"I had a fully loaded version of this car since mine was in the shop for a couple of days. I have to admit the interior was overhauled and looked good for this car class, however, I didn't find the gas mileage any different from my 2003 Volkswagen Passat. I travel about 70 miles for work and noticed I got the same mileage per gallon ratio. Also my kids kept asking me why the car was loud when we were on the freeway and I have to agree it seem very noisy compared to a Ford Focus or my 4 Runner. So I guess it comes down to the historical reliability that Toyota seems to have which will make people gravitate to this car, however, I would caution since my 2004 Toyota has been having engine problem which still hasn't been resolved completely. And it was this reliability reputation the reason I bought the car in the first place. So who knows."

Expecting 150,000+ miles

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "Unbeatable Value + Historical Reliability"

Cons: "Convenience Package Not Worth It"

"2015 Corolla S Plus with Convenience Package — Blue with blue seat insets. Immediately went from the dealer to a third-party installer to tint the windows (25%), add a clear bra and side mirror clear wrap, add blue LED footwell lights, two white LED strips in the truck (the see cargo), and a small LED glovebox light (Toyota doesn't include a glovebox light — crazy). Went back to the installer a week later for a set of Infinity Reference S speakers all the way around (they're invisible — drop right into factory mounts). 5,000 miles in I'm still convinced it's the best small car value at present. Roomy with a great interior and feature set, super comfortable front seats, 38~40 mpg on flat highways. My only regret is the convenience package. I should've shopped longer for one in my preferred color combo with just a sunroof. I don't find the SatNav and keyless entry worth the negotiated price (let alone sticker). My iPhone mounted on the dash with Waze, Google Maps, and Apple Maps is a far better navi tool and is closer to the driver. That money is better spent upgrading the weak Toyota speakers (that are connected to an otherwise nice stereo head unit with bluetooth, etc). I love the revised (2014) 11th generation Corolla styling. It's the perfect blend of aggression and practicality. The blue (with a hint of purple) was what got me in the dealership, beating out (my final pics) a Honda Fit, Honda Civic Si, and Subaru Impreza Sport. Two of my relatives have older Corollas and everyone knows how reliable they are. Now that they have a little bit more fun/style, and Toyota dealers are aggressive on pricing — how can you go wrong?"

Comfy little speed machine, with a great mpg

By on Saturday, November 15, 2014

Pros: "MPG! Comfortable, affordable, touchscreen, LEDs"

Cons: "Lock controls don't light up"

"This car is my baby, I love it! Once I got in and had to drive it into the city I realized this is the comfiest car I've driven. Things to know are, the cabin storage in the front is a bit reduced than the larger camry, and the glove compartment doesn't lock. But it has standard led, and touchscreen, plus the back up camera is the best. The ride is smooth, you do hear some road noise, but nothing too bad. Fast heat up and it's pretty good in the snow. Easy to learn tech and you can track your mpg, and see what's the best mpg you've done. It doesn't have door cup holders like the larger camry, but it has a pop up cup holder in the back if you need it. The backseat is easy to fold, and the brakes are amazing. It fits almost anywhere, and the rims are pretty sweet. The steering wheel is very convenient when u can't access the touchscreen, though it isn't far to reach. You can choose from the sportier SE or the LE, both come with foglights as well. Loved the dashboard in the SE, made me think I was in a race car. Fills up with about $38, if gas is around $3.20. Test this car, you might find it to be the one for you. I know I did"

Great Vehicle!

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, comfortable, great gas saver!"

Cons: "no power seats"

"I personally have an LE Corolla I wanted an S model but it was out of my price range. The LE drives wonderfully with a great gas millage. Featuring beautiful cloth seats with leather like material through the dashboard and steering wheel the inside of the car looks beautiful. The features the LE model comes with are basic power windows and doors keyless entry (which the L model doesn’t come with) also comes with a beautiful touchscreen display radio with the reverse camera feature. The sound of the speakers are perfect. You can connect your phone via Bluetooth and when your one a phone call hear and talk to the person through the car. The car even tells you the exact amount of miles you have left in your tank. Which I think is a great feature because you don’t have to guess how much you have when you’re low on gas. One downer for me is it doesn’t have power seats in this model which I think isn’t fair because it has all these wonderful features why wouldn’t they add something as simple as power seats. The space in the car is great it seats four people comfortably with wonderful leg room in the back seats. The vehicle drives really great. Every time I drive it I have no worries at all because I feel good it’s fun to drive and it makes you feel safe because people who know cars know Toyota is a great brand for a fairly priced reliable car. Compared to the other competitors in its class like: Honda Civic, Chevy Cruze, Ford Focus, and Hyundai Elantra the Corolla fits really well I would say it’s close to or been on top of that list due to the fact that the American cars listed on there aren’t as reliable as the foreign ones. Overall the entire vehicle is a great purchase for anyone looking for a reliable gas saving stylish car."

Best car I've owned

By on Sunday, November 02, 2014

Pros: "LED Headlights, Push-button Start, Sport Mode"

Cons: "No Dual-Zone Climate Ctrl, No Auto-dimming mirror"

"I was trading down from an SUV and was looking for a good reliable car with great mpg. I have always owned Ford so I test drove the Focus Titanium. It felt very gimmicky and lower quality. They also have known transmission issues which really turned me away. The 2015 Corolla S Premium caught my eye and after sitting in it I fell in love, I picked it up for $21,000 after negotiating. I like the utility of the interior, elegant yet simple. I wanted simple and to the point interior, no extra nonsense like goofy lighting and big plastics. The radio, navigation etc are all very intuitive and easy to figure out. The headlights blew me away with visibility, amazing. I find the acceleration to be fine for a car with 132hp and sport mode helps when getting up to speed in a hurry with better accelerator response. This at the moment is probably the best car I have ever owned. It's exactly want I wanted, a no nonsense, comfortable commuter car."