2014 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,230 - $17,917.

10/7.6

Based on 42 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Great car! Cross country moves icy weather no prob

By on Friday, February 27, 2015

Pros: "Solid performance, reliable, fun to drive."

Cons: "Bigger motor would be great."

Poor thing on a snowy day.

"I have had this car a year and it has been great. I moved across the country in it. The radio is nice, interior very convenient and cozy. I have been through a few blizzards with it and did well, traction control, sport mode, paddle shift are all awesome. This car is not super fast but I have cruised comfortably over 100 mph so not bad. I did get hit by a tire on the highway had to replace to front end fascia but I think this car great. 418 miles on a ten gallon tank of gas moving. I could not be happier. I run this car every day and road trip whenever I can. It is great. Heavier than last year Corolla giving you a better grip on the road."

Poor thing on a snowy day.

Not Bad

By on Friday, February 06, 2015

Pros: "drives nice"

Cons: "nothing"

"Leased the car 15 months ago, no problems at all. getting 32 mpg in town 42 hwy. very happy"

Peace of Mind

By on Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Pros: "Great sound system, economical"

Cons: "Noisy ride and hard to get in and out of"

"I bought a Silver S version in August of 2014. I have just over 5,000 miles on it. Very satisfied. The interior is really nice! Leather-like dash and steering wheel. Cool door panels, all black and silver. Great sound system! Good on gas, although I have never seen more than 28 mpg on the eco-boost meter. My only complaint is that the car is pretty noisy on the highway. (Good thing it has a great stereo.) Also, it seems lower to the ground than my 1985 Corolla Hatchback. I am six feet tall and I have to lean back just to get in. Other than that, awesome car! Great value and great reliability. Start it up and go!"

nowhere near quality of 2004 Tacoma SR5 TRD

By on Wednesday, January 28, 2015

"Excessive road noise, air noise like window is down, CVT transmission shudders on up shifts on light to moderate throttle, driver's seat cover had to be replaced at 6 months/ 4000 miles due to abnormal wear (Service adviser stated Toyota using soy on components and are not wearing well)."

2015 toyota corolla

By on Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Cons: "cheap, ugly design, bad seats."

"2015 toyota corolla, a piece of junk. it is a bubble car and is darn ugly. seats are bad and the engine is underpowered and loud . you want a good car pay the extra couple thousand get a civic , it is more than twice the car this bubble car is .."

toyota gives you stability

By on Sunday, January 11, 2015

Pros: "reliable, safe, smooth ride, durable engine, AMAZE"

Cons: "none unless you're a spoiled person"

"after owning only 90's model junker used cars and watching all my $$ disappear into the unpredictable maintenance i decided to lease a new toyota corolla. I chose toyota because my 1996 toyota corolla I owned for milage from 200,000 to 250,000 was the smoothest used car ride i had experienced out of used fords, hondas, hyundais, or jettas. I live in arctic winters and the toyota corolla has great traction on snowy and icy hills, plows through unplowed streets and always starts on the first try in -20 degree weather. thanks toyota for offering low affordable leasing options and school grad rebates to help people get a new reliable car. now I can save my friends and family who have their cars break down and need a ride to work before they lose their jobs."

Looks better, drives like a brick

By on Saturday, December 27, 2014

Pros: "Takes unleaded gas, styling, comfortable"

Cons: "Horrible driving characteristics, bad electronics"

"Well, I finally took my parents advice and got a Toyota. After years of BMW's, VW's, MINI's and Honda's I decided to go practical (my Honda was an S2000). What a mistake. The updated appearance is nice but deceiving. This vehicle LOOKS like it should drive better. I have an S plus with a manual thinking that would be a slightly peppier, "more fun to drive" version. I was incorrect. The balance is all wrong in this vehicle. When I test drove it I thought I would get over all the little things about it which I did not like. The steering is vague at best, the clutch temper mental, shifter RUBBERY and acceleration nonexistent until you hit 4500 + RPM's. Depreciation has been atrocious. The electronics are sub par. It takes eons for USB's to load, voice commands never work (but that is the case in every vehicle), it is hit or miss on bluetooth connectivity, navigation and automatic temperature control is nonintuitive. On the bright side the vehicle does look good both inside and out. Layout is clean. It is very comfortable, the seats especially. There is a lot of storage space (huge trunk and rear seats). Gas mileage has been so-so (average 28), but the unleaded regular is a lot cheaper. Overall this vehicle would be great for someone looking for a vehicle that looks like a sport's car but drives like a Town Car. If you truly appreciate driving move on to something else."

Tech, affordable, spacious, BUT delicate

By on Sunday, December 21, 2014

Pros: "Extremely affordable, high tech, legroom"

Cons: "Bumpy over bumps, flimsy at spots"

"+bluetooth music/phone +rearview backup camera +combined key unlocker, trunk opener (my old 2012 Camry L had a separate car opener, and a separate key) Toyota is doing $4500 off MSRP if you ask. This holiday season, I couldn't find anything close to $16k with so many features. I test drove a Honda and the salesman struggled to come up with reasons why I should pay thousands more for a Civic. The Civic was a lot more cramped in the back, didn't have the usual cupholders in the back mid seat. The only downside is that they could have spent a little more time in it... - USB port flap is very flimsy and looks like it will pop off accidentally like it did on my Camry - Going over speed bumps, I can feel it more than with my Camry"

better than expected

By on Saturday, November 29, 2014

"averaging 40MPG. Comfortable ride."

Just the facts

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Nice interior"

Cons: "Noisy when on the freeway. Gas Mileage."

"I had a fully loaded version of this car since mine was in the shop for a couple of days. I have to admit the interior was overhauled and looked good for this car class, however, I didn't find the gas mileage any different from my 2003 Volkswagen Passat. I travel about 70 miles for work and noticed I got the same mileage per gallon ratio. Also my kids kept asking me why the car was loud when we were on the freeway and I have to agree it seem very noisy compared to a Ford Focus or my 4 Runner. So I guess it comes down to the historical reliability that Toyota seems to have which will make people gravitate to this car, however, I would caution since my 2004 Toyota has been having engine problem which still hasn't been resolved completely. And it was this reliability reputation the reason I bought the car in the first place. So who knows."

Expecting 150,000+ miles

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "Unbeatable Value + Historical Reliability"

Cons: "Convenience Package Not Worth It"

"2015 Corolla S Plus with Convenience Package — Blue with blue seat insets. Immediately went from the dealer to a third-party installer to tint the windows (25%), add a clear bra and side mirror clear wrap, add blue LED footwell lights, two white LED strips in the truck (the see cargo), and a small LED glovebox light (Toyota doesn't include a glovebox light — crazy). Went back to the installer a week later for a set of Infinity Reference S speakers all the way around (they're invisible — drop right into factory mounts). 5,000 miles in I'm still convinced it's the best small car value at present. Roomy with a great interior and feature set, super comfortable front seats, 38~40 mpg on flat highways. My only regret is the convenience package. I should've shopped longer for one in my preferred color combo with just a sunroof. I don't find the SatNav and keyless entry worth the negotiated price (let alone sticker). My iPhone mounted on the dash with Waze, Google Maps, and Apple Maps is a far better navi tool and is closer to the driver. That money is better spent upgrading the weak Toyota speakers (that are connected to an otherwise nice stereo head unit with bluetooth, etc). I love the revised (2014) 11th generation Corolla styling. It's the perfect blend of aggression and practicality. The blue (with a hint of purple) was what got me in the dealership, beating out (my final pics) a Honda Fit, Honda Civic Si, and Subaru Impreza Sport. Two of my relatives have older Corollas and everyone knows how reliable they are. Now that they have a little bit more fun/style, and Toyota dealers are aggressive on pricing — how can you go wrong?"

Comfy little speed machine, with a great mpg

By on Saturday, November 15, 2014

Pros: "MPG! Comfortable, affordable, touchscreen, LEDs"

Cons: "Lock controls don't light up"

"This car is my baby, I love it! Once I got in and had to drive it into the city I realized this is the comfiest car I've driven. Things to know are, the cabin storage in the front is a bit reduced than the larger camry, and the glove compartment doesn't lock. But it has standard led, and touchscreen, plus the back up camera is the best. The ride is smooth, you do hear some road noise, but nothing too bad. Fast heat up and it's pretty good in the snow. Easy to learn tech and you can track your mpg, and see what's the best mpg you've done. It doesn't have door cup holders like the larger camry, but it has a pop up cup holder in the back if you need it. The backseat is easy to fold, and the brakes are amazing. It fits almost anywhere, and the rims are pretty sweet. The steering wheel is very convenient when u can't access the touchscreen, though it isn't far to reach. You can choose from the sportier SE or the LE, both come with foglights as well. Loved the dashboard in the SE, made me think I was in a race car. Fills up with about $38, if gas is around $3.20. Test this car, you might find it to be the one for you. I know I did"

Great Vehicle!

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, comfortable, great gas saver!"

Cons: "no power seats"

"I personally have an LE Corolla I wanted an S model but it was out of my price range. The LE drives wonderfully with a great gas millage. Featuring beautiful cloth seats with leather like material through the dashboard and steering wheel the inside of the car looks beautiful. The features the LE model comes with are basic power windows and doors keyless entry (which the L model doesn’t come with) also comes with a beautiful touchscreen display radio with the reverse camera feature. The sound of the speakers are perfect. You can connect your phone via Bluetooth and when your one a phone call hear and talk to the person through the car. The car even tells you the exact amount of miles you have left in your tank. Which I think is a great feature because you don’t have to guess how much you have when you’re low on gas. One downer for me is it doesn’t have power seats in this model which I think isn’t fair because it has all these wonderful features why wouldn’t they add something as simple as power seats. The space in the car is great it seats four people comfortably with wonderful leg room in the back seats. The vehicle drives really great. Every time I drive it I have no worries at all because I feel good it’s fun to drive and it makes you feel safe because people who know cars know Toyota is a great brand for a fairly priced reliable car. Compared to the other competitors in its class like: Honda Civic, Chevy Cruze, Ford Focus, and Hyundai Elantra the Corolla fits really well I would say it’s close to or been on top of that list due to the fact that the American cars listed on there aren’t as reliable as the foreign ones. Overall the entire vehicle is a great purchase for anyone looking for a reliable gas saving stylish car."

Best car I've owned

By on Sunday, November 02, 2014

Pros: "LED Headlights, Push-button Start, Sport Mode"

Cons: "No Dual-Zone Climate Ctrl, No Auto-dimming mirror"

"I was trading down from an SUV and was looking for a good reliable car with great mpg. I have always owned Ford so I test drove the Focus Titanium. It felt very gimmicky and lower quality. They also have known transmission issues which really turned me away. The 2015 Corolla S Premium caught my eye and after sitting in it I fell in love, I picked it up for $21,000 after negotiating. I like the utility of the interior, elegant yet simple. I wanted simple and to the point interior, no extra nonsense like goofy lighting and big plastics. The radio, navigation etc are all very intuitive and easy to figure out. The headlights blew me away with visibility, amazing. I find the acceleration to be fine for a car with 132hp and sport mode helps when getting up to speed in a hurry with better accelerator response. This at the moment is probably the best car I have ever owned. It's exactly want I wanted, a no nonsense, comfortable commuter car."

Great Reliable Vehicle!

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, Stylish, Gas Saver, Roomy"

Cons: "No Power seats"

Second Corolla

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

Pros: "great mpg, fun to drive"

Cons: "too many to list in 50 characters"

"I purchased this car one year ago. Overall, I like the car as long as I am traveling alone. A couple of issues I have noticed over the past year: Road noise.... yeah... there is a lot of that. You will need the excellent sound system in this car because you will have to drowned our the road noise. This car is great on a smooth road. So a well maintained road or interstate is awesome. HOWEVER, it will beat you to death on a bumpy road. Gravel you can forget it!!! I drive ALOT!!! I can tell you my body feels every single mile in this car. I am guessing it is the tires and "sporty" suspension. I attempted to by a different tire and was told the "low profile" style tires are all that will work on this vehicle. I have two children ages 7 and 10. This car is not big or roomie enough for children in the back seat. I am short (5'3") and so are they yet they still manage to put their feet on the back of the seat or their knees. Additionally, the distance or lack thereof is not enough to keep their noise in their area so to speak. And the distance between them is not enough to keep the "stop touching me's" at bay! Which is no bueno! I am not a fan of the interior carpet and upholstery either. I have the black Corolla S with the black interior. The carpet is difficult to clean. I have attempted to vaccuum it myself and have used professional services and the results are less than desirable. The upholstery shows everything from water marks to dirt to lint, all of which is difficult to near impossible to remove. I do get decent mpg. I travel ALOT and I average 33 overall. I drive faster than I should and I am sure with a little attention I could get better mpg. This car is fast and handles speed well, caution you will not realize how fast you are driving but the police will let you very quickly! I guess if I had to do it all over I would have likely spent the extra money and got the Accord or Civic. At the time I liked the looks of the Corolla and was impressed with the outward appearance."

Lovely vehicle for starters

By on Sunday, September 07, 2014

Cons: "No rear window wiper. Slight road noise on highway"

"Very pleasant drive. decent pick up. good mileage. I got 40 on highway and 30 in the city. plenty of space for me and my wife. AC works very fast. rear camera is ahuge asset"

GREAT CAR, PROUD TO OWN IT

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pros: "Great Price and fun to drive with family."

"I felt very comfortable driving this car. It is perfect for a 4 member family. My wife and 2 daughters they love this car. The car is not noisy and moves very smoothly. The interior is great with leather finish. Has a rear camera, Bluetooth. Have cup holders on each doors, 2 in between the driver seat and passenger seat and on at the rear. It has smart key. Just leave your car key in your pocket and just place your hand on the door handle the door automatically unlocks. Awesome."

good overall but not fun

By on Saturday, July 12, 2014

Pros: "good value, toyota reliability"

Cons: "needs more torque, not fun to drive"

"I bought the corolla S plus with moon roof for my bride 3 months ago to replace a 2007 Matrix xr. I like the exterior on the Plus model but especially like the interior. Like the mpg's i get averaging 34 overall, 60 freeway, 40 city. The car feels more solid than the Matrix and the interior materials are way better as well. With that said I don't like how slow the car accelerates and when in freeway the car does not stay in a straight line without over steering.Toyota needs to make this car more exciting to drive. Although a good value it is as fun as watching C-span"

Perfect Re-Design but Still the Same Great Corolla

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive and handle, great mpg, sleek design"

Cons: "A little loud driving on the highway, pricier."

"This is my third Corolla since I bought my first car six years ago and I would have to say that this Corolla is the best one so far. The re-design is great, inside and outside. I have the blue sport Corolla, which you don't see on the road very often. It's bigger than your typical Corolla, just slightly smaller than the Camry but not as much. It drives just as smooth as the pervious Corolla versions and it comes with great amount of leg room, more than my previous ones. I know some people have some different opinions on the gas mileage. I think a lot of that comes from how you drive. So with that in mind... I want to let anyone reading this know that I was able to get 32 mpg in town and 41 mpg on the highway. Yes. I was very impressed with the mpg. As long as you drive conservatively, your mpg will be much improved. Really, the only problem I have is I don't have a sun roof but I'm sure all 2014 Corolla's are different. Not that not having a sun roof is a problem, just a personal preference. Either way, the 2014 is a great car and any Corolla lover looking for another car should get this one for sure."

Fabulous car

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, great gas mileage, neat electronics"

Cons: "scratchy cloth"

"I bought another Corolla after owning a 2004 that I finally passed along at 178,000 miles - it had one major problem under warrantee, but absolutely no problems after that. I now have the 2014 Eco Plus model - it is a veritable sports car compared with my previous Corolla and a miser with gas - according to the computer I am getting 42 miles per gallon and according to my calculations at the pump about 40 - 41 mpg. It has all sorts of neat electronics such as a bluetooth phone - however it is not overwhelming compared with other cars I have seen. My only quibbles with the car are: there are fewer storage compartments than in the 2004 model; the "cloth" material used is not as soft as the material used previously and feels a little scratchy (though is probably easier to clean) - you may want to consider an upgrade to the fake leather. Otherwise it is a great car."

Kaizen

By on Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pros: "Great price, fun, sporty look, large trunk."

Cons: "Not much storage space."

"Wow! The Corolla just keeps getting better. The 2014 model handles better than previous models and looks sportier. The wheel base is slightly wider and its height is slightly lower than previous models, allowing for tighter handling around curves, due to the center of gravity change. There is no more fishtailing. For a little 1.8L engine, it has good pickup, especially in Sport mode. I love the paddles on the steering wheel, used for manual shift change. I will use them on winter streets, downshifting on icy roads. The sound system rocks. The seats are comfortable. The gas mileage is 32-38; better than past models. The 17" wheels are standard with the Sport model; much better handling than the little 15" tires from previous years. Very attractive/sporty lockable wheels."

BEST CAR FOR VALUE!

By on Thursday, May 08, 2014

Pros: "great price, lots of features available, comfy"

Cons: "drives loud ( a lot of street noise)"

"LOVE THE S PREMIUM! only downside is it drives a little 'loud' but I can get pass the street noise for the price I received for all my features ;] excellent on gas!!"

Very Reliable

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Price, high mpg, comfort, reliable"

Cons: "no gps in standard s model"

"Since we bought our corolla in Jan. 2014 we have been through ice and mud. While SUVs and trucks were getting stuck the corolla carried us home safely. It is super comfortable for the front and back seats. Love that I can stream music via blue tooth and take phone calls. Right now we are getting 30.2 mpg city. If I could do one thing different I would have got the model with the entune in it."

LOVING OUR 2ND COROLLA

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

Pros: "Visibility, value, better fit and finish, handling"

"Back in 2009 we bought a Corolla LE had it for 5 years after sending off last payment both decided look at another economical car liked the Corolla. We loved Toyota and that was our very first import so liked the new Corolla its packed with few more options have at a greater price. The seats are bit comfortable and got an blue tooth wireless and have features that are standard at best. Our gas mileage which 40.8 mpg that's coming from doing freeway driving and passing through suburbs. This car is more quality built on being remanufactured excellent with better value and interior materials a really nice car for the money. THANK YOU AGAIN TOYOTA!!!!!"