2014 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,527 - $18,140.

10/7.6

Based on 34 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

better than expected

By on Saturday, November 29, 2014

"averaging 40MPG. Comfortable ride."

Just the facts

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Nice interior"

Cons: "Noisy when on the freeway. Gas Mileage."

"I had a fully loaded version of this car since mine was in the shop for a couple of days. I have to admit the interior was overhauled and looked good for this car class, however, I didn't find the gas mileage any different from my 2003 Volkswagen Passat. I travel about 70 miles for work and noticed I got the same mileage per gallon ratio. Also my kids kept asking me why the car was loud when we were on the freeway and I have to agree it seem very noisy compared to a Ford Focus or my 4 Runner. So I guess it comes down to the historical reliability that Toyota seems to have which will make people gravitate to this car, however, I would caution since my 2004 Toyota has been having engine problem which still hasn't been resolved completely. And it was this reliability reputation the reason I bought the car in the first place. So who knows."

Expecting 150,000+ miles

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "Unbeatable Value + Historical Reliability"

Cons: "Convenience Package Not Worth It"

"2015 Corolla S Plus with Convenience Package — Blue with blue seat insets. Immediately went from the dealer to a third-party installer to tint the windows (25%), add a clear bra and side mirror clear wrap, add blue LED footwell lights, two white LED strips in the truck (the see cargo), and a small LED glovebox light (Toyota doesn't include a glovebox light — crazy). Went back to the installer a week later for a set of Infinity Reference S speakers all the way around (they're invisible — drop right into factory mounts). 5,000 miles in I'm still convinced it's the best small car value at present. Roomy with a great interior and feature set, super comfortable front seats, 38~40 mpg on flat highways. My only regret is the convenience package. I should've shopped longer for one in my preferred color combo with just a sunroof. I don't find the SatNav and keyless entry worth the negotiated price (let alone sticker). My iPhone mounted on the dash with Waze, Google Maps, and Apple Maps is a far better navi tool and is closer to the driver. That money is better spent upgrading the weak Toyota speakers (that are connected to an otherwise nice stereo head unit with bluetooth, etc). I love the revised (2014) 11th generation Corolla styling. It's the perfect blend of aggression and practicality. The blue (with a hint of purple) was what got me in the dealership, beating out (my final pics) a Honda Fit, Honda Civic Si, and Subaru Impreza Sport. Two of my relatives have older Corollas and everyone knows how reliable they are. Now that they have a little bit more fun/style, and Toyota dealers are aggressive on pricing — how can you go wrong?"

Comfy little speed machine, with a great mpg

By on Saturday, November 15, 2014

Pros: "MPG! Comfortable, affordable, touchscreen, LEDs"

Cons: "Lock controls don't light up"

"This car is my baby, I love it! Once I got in and had to drive it into the city I realized this is the comfiest car I've driven. Things to know are, the cabin storage in the front is a bit reduced than the larger camry, and the glove compartment doesn't lock. But it has standard led, and touchscreen, plus the back up camera is the best. The ride is smooth, you do hear some road noise, but nothing too bad. Fast heat up and it's pretty good in the snow. Easy to learn tech and you can track your mpg, and see what's the best mpg you've done. It doesn't have door cup holders like the larger camry, but it has a pop up cup holder in the back if you need it. The backseat is easy to fold, and the brakes are amazing. It fits almost anywhere, and the rims are pretty sweet. The steering wheel is very convenient when u can't access the touchscreen, though it isn't far to reach. You can choose from the sportier SE or the LE, both come with foglights as well. Loved the dashboard in the SE, made me think I was in a race car. Fills up with about $38, if gas is around $3.20. Test this car, you might find it to be the one for you. I know I did"

Great Vehicle!

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, comfortable, great gas saver!"

Cons: "no power seats"

"I personally have an LE Corolla I wanted an S model but it was out of my price range. The LE drives wonderfully with a great gas millage. Featuring beautiful cloth seats with leather like material through the dashboard and steering wheel the inside of the car looks beautiful. The features the LE model comes with are basic power windows and doors keyless entry (which the L model doesn’t come with) also comes with a beautiful touchscreen display radio with the reverse camera feature. The sound of the speakers are perfect. You can connect your phone via Bluetooth and when your one a phone call hear and talk to the person through the car. The car even tells you the exact amount of miles you have left in your tank. Which I think is a great feature because you don’t have to guess how much you have when you’re low on gas. One downer for me is it doesn’t have power seats in this model which I think isn’t fair because it has all these wonderful features why wouldn’t they add something as simple as power seats. The space in the car is great it seats four people comfortably with wonderful leg room in the back seats. The vehicle drives really great. Every time I drive it I have no worries at all because I feel good it’s fun to drive and it makes you feel safe because people who know cars know Toyota is a great brand for a fairly priced reliable car. Compared to the other competitors in its class like: Honda Civic, Chevy Cruze, Ford Focus, and Hyundai Elantra the Corolla fits really well I would say it’s close to or been on top of that list due to the fact that the American cars listed on there aren’t as reliable as the foreign ones. Overall the entire vehicle is a great purchase for anyone looking for a reliable gas saving stylish car."