2014 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,246 - $16,930.

10/7.6

8.3

Based on 66 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Lemon Likely

By on Sunday, November 03, 2013

Pros: "Appealing to the Eye"

Cons: "Unreliable"

"I purchased the 2014 Toyota Corolla on October 19, 2013. The following morning the check engine light came on while driving. With only 60 miles on the car, it was towed back to the dealership. The mechanics determined that the air compressor had been defective. After waiting a week for that part to be replaced I finally was given my car back. While driving the car for just over a week I have noticed that the stereo fades and makes popping noises. Then today the car became much louder when accelerating. Now I have to go back to get it fixed or hopefully be given a new car. My first car was a 1987 Toyota Camry and until now I always had so much pride owning a Toyota. I guess things have changed over the decades. I do not recommend this car."

Second Corolla

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

Pros: "great mpg, fun to drive"

Cons: "too many to list in 50 characters"

"I purchased this car one year ago. Overall, I like the car as long as I am traveling alone. A couple of issues I have noticed over the past year: Road noise.... yeah... there is a lot of that. You will need the excellent sound system in this car because you will have to drowned our the road noise. This car is great on a smooth road. So a well maintained road or interstate is awesome. HOWEVER, it will beat you to death on a bumpy road. Gravel you can forget it!!! I drive ALOT!!! I can tell you my body feels every single mile in this car. I am guessing it is the tires and "sporty" suspension. I attempted to by a different tire and was told the "low profile" style tires are all that will work on this vehicle. I have two children ages 7 and 10. This car is not big or roomie enough for children in the back seat. I am short (5'3") and so are they yet they still manage to put their feet on the back of the seat or their knees. Additionally, the distance or lack thereof is not enough to keep their noise in their area so to speak. And the distance between them is not enough to keep the "stop touching me's" at bay! Which is no bueno! I am not a fan of the interior carpet and upholstery either. I have the black Corolla S with the black interior. The carpet is difficult to clean. I have attempted to vaccuum it myself and have used professional services and the results are less than desirable. The upholstery shows everything from water marks to dirt to lint, all of which is difficult to near impossible to remove. I do get decent mpg. I travel ALOT and I average 33 overall. I drive faster than I should and I am sure with a little attention I could get better mpg. This car is fast and handles speed well, caution you will not realize how fast you are driving but the police will let you very quickly! I guess if I had to do it all over I would have likely spent the extra money and got the Accord or Civic. At the time I liked the looks of the Corolla and was impressed with the outward appearance."

GREAT CAR, PROUD TO OWN IT

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pros: "Great Price and fun to drive with family."

"I felt very comfortable driving this car. It is perfect for a 4 member family. My wife and 2 daughters they love this car. The car is not noisy and moves very smoothly. The interior is great with leather finish. Has a rear camera, Bluetooth. Have cup holders on each doors, 2 in between the driver seat and passenger seat and on at the rear. It has smart key. Just leave your car key in your pocket and just place your hand on the door handle the door automatically unlocks. Awesome."

Decent Little Car Definitely Worth the Budget Pric

By on Sunday, August 02, 2015

Pros: "Great price, great infotainment"

Cons: "Steering slack at high speeds, Poor acceleration"

"When I was shopping for a car a month ago, I was almost certainly going to buy used. However, as I began to look at the Corolla and its affordable price tag, along with my local Toyota dealership's wonder 20 year, 200,000 mile warranty with free car washes and oil changes, I couldn't say no. With a month of driving it under my belt, I have plenty of impressions. First, it's great on gas. I have to travel two 90 mile trips a week on a regular basis and I can do it on one tank most of the time with enough to spare for the rest of the week. It also has a very user friendly infotainment system on the LE model, something I could pick up on almost instantly. The placement of nearly everything in the car is helpful and adequate. It also responds very well to turns, lane changes, and merging. Some cons include the very poor acceleration: going at around 3000 RPMs it takes far too long to get from 0-60, plus, like KBB mentioned in their video review, the steering wheel has an alarming amount of slack, especially at high speeds, meaning I have to correct the wheel constantly. Overall, for the great price, I got a great car with the Corolla. I probably will not get another one for my next car simply because I like switching it up, but the Corolla is fantastic for its ease of driving and for its great price tag."

completes my driving experience

By on Thursday, March 05, 2015

Pros: "all the interior goodies"

Cons: "not the strongest but will take you a-z"

"This car is one of the best I have ever owned. Honest note...you cannot go wrong with a corolla with all the extras especially the eco. the mpg estimation is rated 30-42 but i get more if i just drive without a lead foot. I think this is one of the most practical cars out there..more than a prius witch is more expensive and would take many....many years to coup up the gas mileage compared to the corolla eco."