2014 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,281 - $16,864.

10/7.6

Based on 34 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Expecting 150,000+ miles

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "Unbeatable Value + Historical Reliability"

Cons: "Convenience Package Not Worth It"

"2015 Corolla S Plus with Convenience Package — Blue with blue seat insets. Immediately went from the dealer to a third-party installer to tint the windows (25%), add a clear bra and side mirror clear wrap, add blue LED footwell lights, two white LED strips in the truck (the see cargo), and a small LED glovebox light (Toyota doesn't include a glovebox light — crazy). Went back to the installer a week later for a set of Infinity Reference S speakers all the way around (they're invisible — drop right into factory mounts). 5,000 miles in I'm still convinced it's the best small car value at present. Roomy with a great interior and feature set, super comfortable front seats, 38~40 mpg on flat highways. My only regret is the convenience package. I should've shopped longer for one in my preferred color combo with just a sunroof. I don't find the SatNav and keyless entry worth the negotiated price (let alone sticker). My iPhone mounted on the dash with Waze, Google Maps, and Apple Maps is a far better navi tool and is closer to the driver. That money is better spent upgrading the weak Toyota speakers (that are connected to an otherwise nice stereo head unit with bluetooth, etc). I love the revised (2014) 11th generation Corolla styling. It's the perfect blend of aggression and practicality. The blue (with a hint of purple) was what got me in the dealership, beating out (my final pics) a Honda Fit, Honda Civic Si, and Subaru Impreza Sport. Two of my relatives have older Corollas and everyone knows how reliable they are. Now that they have a little bit more fun/style, and Toyota dealers are aggressive on pricing — how can you go wrong?"

Great vehicle so far

By on Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Pros: "MPG, style and ride"

Cons: "no dealer installed accessories available yet"

"Just purchased the car S-Premium on 9/1/13 for $22060.00. I can't rate the reliability since I only have 400 miles on it. It has good power and braking with the 4 wheel disc brakes. I really didn't need the S-Premium, but I liked the looks of the 2014 over the 2013 and that was the only one they had. Very comfortable ride. Getting 37 mpg combined driving even before it is broke in. Unable to get dealer installed accessories like the mud guards yet and will most likely be at least a month before I can."

Fabulous car

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, great gas mileage, neat electronics"

Cons: "scratchy cloth"

"I bought another Corolla after owning a 2004 that I finally passed along at 178,000 miles - it had one major problem under warrantee, but absolutely no problems after that. I now have the 2014 Eco Plus model - it is a veritable sports car compared with my previous Corolla and a miser with gas - according to the computer I am getting 42 miles per gallon and according to my calculations at the pump about 40 - 41 mpg. It has all sorts of neat electronics such as a bluetooth phone - however it is not overwhelming compared with other cars I have seen. My only quibbles with the car are: there are fewer storage compartments than in the 2004 model; the "cloth" material used is not as soft as the material used previously and feels a little scratchy (though is probably easier to clean) - you may want to consider an upgrade to the fake leather. Otherwise it is a great car."

Lemon Likely

By on Sunday, November 03, 2013

Pros: "Appealing to the Eye"

Cons: "Unreliable"

"I purchased the 2014 Toyota Corolla on October 19, 2013. The following morning the check engine light came on while driving. With only 60 miles on the car, it was towed back to the dealership. The mechanics determined that the air compressor had been defective. After waiting a week for that part to be replaced I finally was given my car back. While driving the car for just over a week I have noticed that the stereo fades and makes popping noises. Then today the car became much louder when accelerating. Now I have to go back to get it fixed or hopefully be given a new car. My first car was a 1987 Toyota Camry and until now I always had so much pride owning a Toyota. I guess things have changed over the decades. I do not recommend this car."

Comfy little speed machine, with a great mpg

By on Saturday, November 15, 2014

Pros: "MPG! Comfortable, affordable, touchscreen, LEDs"

Cons: "Lock controls don't light up"

"This car is my baby, I love it! Once I got in and had to drive it into the city I realized this is the comfiest car I've driven. Things to know are, the cabin storage in the front is a bit reduced than the larger camry, and the glove compartment doesn't lock. But it has standard led, and touchscreen, plus the back up camera is the best. The ride is smooth, you do hear some road noise, but nothing too bad. Fast heat up and it's pretty good in the snow. Easy to learn tech and you can track your mpg, and see what's the best mpg you've done. It doesn't have door cup holders like the larger camry, but it has a pop up cup holder in the back if you need it. The backseat is easy to fold, and the brakes are amazing. It fits almost anywhere, and the rims are pretty sweet. The steering wheel is very convenient when u can't access the touchscreen, though it isn't far to reach. You can choose from the sportier SE or the LE, both come with foglights as well. Loved the dashboard in the SE, made me think I was in a race car. Fills up with about $38, if gas is around $3.20. Test this car, you might find it to be the one for you. I know I did"

Second Corolla

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

Pros: "great mpg, fun to drive"

Cons: "too many to list in 50 characters"

"I purchased this car one year ago. Overall, I like the car as long as I am traveling alone. A couple of issues I have noticed over the past year: Road noise.... yeah... there is a lot of that. You will need the excellent sound system in this car because you will have to drowned our the road noise. This car is great on a smooth road. So a well maintained road or interstate is awesome. HOWEVER, it will beat you to death on a bumpy road. Gravel you can forget it!!! I drive ALOT!!! I can tell you my body feels every single mile in this car. I am guessing it is the tires and "sporty" suspension. I attempted to by a different tire and was told the "low profile" style tires are all that will work on this vehicle. I have two children ages 7 and 10. This car is not big or roomie enough for children in the back seat. I am short (5'3") and so are they yet they still manage to put their feet on the back of the seat or their knees. Additionally, the distance or lack thereof is not enough to keep their noise in their area so to speak. And the distance between them is not enough to keep the "stop touching me's" at bay! Which is no bueno! I am not a fan of the interior carpet and upholstery either. I have the black Corolla S with the black interior. The carpet is difficult to clean. I have attempted to vaccuum it myself and have used professional services and the results are less than desirable. The upholstery shows everything from water marks to dirt to lint, all of which is difficult to near impossible to remove. I do get decent mpg. I travel ALOT and I average 33 overall. I drive faster than I should and I am sure with a little attention I could get better mpg. This car is fast and handles speed well, caution you will not realize how fast you are driving but the police will let you very quickly! I guess if I had to do it all over I would have likely spent the extra money and got the Accord or Civic. At the time I liked the looks of the Corolla and was impressed with the outward appearance."

GREAT CAR, PROUD TO OWN IT

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pros: "Great Price and fun to drive with family."

"I felt very comfortable driving this car. It is perfect for a 4 member family. My wife and 2 daughters they love this car. The car is not noisy and moves very smoothly. The interior is great with leather finish. Has a rear camera, Bluetooth. Have cup holders on each doors, 2 in between the driver seat and passenger seat and on at the rear. It has smart key. Just leave your car key in your pocket and just place your hand on the door handle the door automatically unlocks. Awesome."

2014 Toyota Corolla LE Plus

By on Monday, September 16, 2013

"Bought an LE Plus, ride is very good only 350 miles on it. Very satisfied with quality and fit of the car. Many improvements over the 04 Corolla previously owned. More room in side also. Can't say enough about how reliable old Corolla was, imagine reliability for the 2014 model will be just as good. Plus, you get two years or 25,000 mi free maintenance including oil changes."

Good investment

By on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pros: "great design, comfort, and gas mileage"

Cons: "Steering wheel blocks view of speedometer"

"Great exterior appearance and styling, comfortable interior, good gas mileage."

Great car with luxury feel for under $20k

By on Saturday, December 07, 2013

Pros: "Price, Ride, interior space, MPG, luxury features"

Cons: "pay extra for floor mats."

"I own the LE Plus. The only options added are the sunroof, mats, and cargo net. While reviewers have noted ad infinitum that it isn't a "drivers car" it certainly has more than adequate power for any sane driver, and the handling and steering are quite solid - certainly no "floatiness". The ride is very quiet and bumps are handled very well; I have never driven a car with better suspension. The interior, as noted elsewhere is large for this class car. With other standard features like LED headlights, backup camera, auto-climate control, a very good radio (beg to differ with other reviewer) that picks up more stations than any radio I have ever experienced, and very clear intuitive controls this car to me is like a luxury car and I got it for well under $20K out the door. Gas mileage so far is averaging 36.5 MPG highway/city combined. Reliability (see consumer reports) is expected to be well above average."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next