2014 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,397 - $16,938.

10/7.6

Based on 23 Ratings for the 2014 - 2014 models.

Perfect Re-Design but Still the Same Great Corolla

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive and handle, great mpg, sleek design"

Cons: "A little loud driving on the highway, pricier."

"This is my third Corolla since I bought my first car six years ago and I would have to say that this Corolla is the best one so far. The re-design is great, inside and outside. I have the blue sport Corolla, which you don't see on the road very often. It's bigger than your typical Corolla, just slightly smaller than the Camry but not as much. It drives just as smooth as the pervious Corolla versions and it comes with great amount of leg room, more than my previous ones. I know some people have some different opinions on the gas mileage. I think a lot of that comes from how you drive. So with that in mind... I want to let anyone reading this know that I was able to get 32 mpg in town and 41 mpg on the highway. Yes. I was very impressed with the mpg. As long as you drive conservatively, your mpg will be much improved. Really, the only problem I have is I don't have a sun roof but I'm sure all 2014 Corolla's are different. Not that not having a sun roof is a problem, just a personal preference. Either way, the 2014 is a great car and any Corolla lover looking for another car should get this one for sure."

Fabulous car

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, great gas mileage, neat electronics"

Cons: "scratchy cloth"

"I bought another Corolla after owning a 2004 that I finally passed along at 178,000 miles - it had one major problem under warrantee, but absolutely no problems after that. I now have the 2014 Eco Plus model - it is a veritable sports car compared with my previous Corolla and a miser with gas - according to the computer I am getting 42 miles per gallon and according to my calculations at the pump about 40 - 41 mpg. It has all sorts of neat electronics such as a bluetooth phone - however it is not overwhelming compared with other cars I have seen. My only quibbles with the car are: there are fewer storage compartments than in the 2004 model; the "cloth" material used is not as soft as the material used previously and feels a little scratchy (though is probably easier to clean) - you may want to consider an upgrade to the fake leather. Otherwise it is a great car."

Kaizen

By on Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pros: "Great price, fun, sporty look, large trunk."

Cons: "Not much storage space."

"Wow! The Corolla just keeps getting better. The 2014 model handles better than previous models and looks sportier. The wheel base is slightly wider and its height is slightly lower than previous models, allowing for tighter handling around curves, due to the center of gravity change. There is no more fishtailing. For a little 1.8L engine, it has good pickup, especially in Sport mode. I love the paddles on the steering wheel, used for manual shift change. I will use them on winter streets, downshifting on icy roads. The sound system rocks. The seats are comfortable. The gas mileage is 32-38; better than past models. The 17" wheels are standard with the Sport model; much better handling than the little 15" tires from previous years. Very attractive/sporty lockable wheels."

BEST CAR FOR VALUE!

By on Thursday, May 08, 2014

Pros: "great price, lots of features available, comfy"

Cons: "drives loud ( a lot of street noise)"

"LOVE THE S PREMIUM! only downside is it drives a little 'loud' but I can get pass the street noise for the price I received for all my features ;] excellent on gas!!"

Very Reliable

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Price, high mpg, comfort, reliable"

Cons: "no gps in standard s model"

"Since we bought our corolla in Jan. 2014 we have been through ice and mud. While SUVs and trucks were getting stuck the corolla carried us home safely. It is super comfortable for the front and back seats. Love that I can stream music via blue tooth and take phone calls. Right now we are getting 30.2 mpg city. If I could do one thing different I would have got the model with the entune in it."

LOVING OUR 2ND COROLLA

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

Pros: "Visibility, value, better fit and finish, handling"

"Back in 2009 we bought a Corolla LE had it for 5 years after sending off last payment both decided look at another economical car liked the Corolla. We loved Toyota and that was our very first import so liked the new Corolla its packed with few more options have at a greater price. The seats are bit comfortable and got an blue tooth wireless and have features that are standard at best. Our gas mileage which 40.8 mpg that's coming from doing freeway driving and passing through suburbs. This car is more quality built on being remanufactured excellent with better value and interior materials a really nice car for the money. THANK YOU AGAIN TOYOTA!!!!!"

Awesome, safe, reliable, fun to drive family car.

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pros: "Safety, Styling, Interior, Handling, Seats, MPG"

Cons: "No coat hanger, Trunk hinges"

"Traded in my 2010 Mazda 3 S GT. Test drove, 2014 Civic, Mazda 3 and Focus. Mazda 3 handles better, but the 2014 Corolla is much better. 8 air bags (driver and front passenger Advanced Airbag System, front seat-mounted side airbags for the driver and front passenger, front and rear side curtain airbags, driver knee and passenger seat-cushion airbags) and the safety scores are excellent, NHTSA 5 star ratings and the IIHS earning Good ratings in all areas of testing except the difficult new Small Overlap Front test, received marginal, which most cars received, gives me a piece of mind driving with my family. I like the backup camera. The exterior styling is amazing and interior with the retro dashboard is nice looking. The black softex seats with the white stitching are super comfy and nice looking. I have two kids and the back seats have lots of room. Even more room versus the competition. The front grille piano black and chrome trim are nice with the black rims. Car rides and handles nicely, especially with the sports button on, slipped into manual mode with the paddle shifters behind the steering wheel make it a blast to drive on winding roads. The sports button increases throttle response to help you accelerate faster with crisp shifts. The steering a little numb feeling at times on corners, but not noticeable on highway driving. The 17 inch wheels with the 4-disk brakes are perfect. Not mushy or hard feeling. The LED headlights light up the road nicely. Radio has a great sound (better than the Mazda Bose speakers) and the hands free Bluetooth w/text messaging reply is easy to connect and use. I use the Google Play and stream all my music from the Galaxy S4 via the Bluetooth system. I am averaging 36 mpg so far. Two things I do not like, which are trivial is, no coast hanger and the trunk hinges. Overall, this is a safe, reliable, dependable, nice looking fun to drive family car. I definitely recommend."

Love this car!

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "exterior, interior, drive"

Cons: "steering wheel"

"I have had this car for a week and i love it so far. Price was a little more than i wanted to spend but over all it was worth it. The only thing I would change is i wish that the steering wheel would pull out farther but other than that i have no complaints."

I love my Toy

By on Monday, February 10, 2014

"I was not sure about getting a vehicle with a CVT transmission so I leased it, just in case. After 4k miles I can say that I actually prefer the CVT transmission to a standard auto. The Navigation system is awesome. I had to change the map's perspective to show the direction I am going rather than North on top and West to the left, ect. I like seeing the intersection I am approaching coming from the top of the screen progressing downward. The “Voice Recognition” system could use some work. The LED head lights are the best! The sound system need no upgrades. Did i mention that the room inside is very surprising! I am 6'1” and I can have the seat where I want it and my 6'1” son can sit behind me without his knees bumping the seat. I like walking up to the car and having the inside light come on before I do anything and then unlocking when I touch the handle. Neat!"

UNEXPECTEDLY UNRELIABLE

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pros: "Appeareance"

Cons: "Reliability"

"Great car, between what expected at first. Good looking, functional, but with less than 4500 miles... Broken CVT, replaced under warranty but now handles differently... in a poor manner. Sad, had so good previous Toyota experiences that I was fully convinced when I bought this one that I will have a reliable trouble free operation for years..."

Love and will recommend

By on Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Pros: "Stylish, great options, reliable, safe"

Cons: "small armrest for driver, no sunglasses holder"

"I am actually downsizing from a Ford Edge. I loved the Edge, but I needed something reliable and more fuel efficient. My husband has always been a fan of Toyota and actually bought a Tundra in 2010. I began my quest looking for a used SUV, but the Corolla caught my eye. I test drove over 15 cars/SUVs and narrowed my decision down to a used Mini Countryman or a 2014 Corolla. I decided that for the money this was a great all around choice and bonus it came in an upgraded manual. I ended up buying the S Plus model with a 6 speed manual. I have to disagree with many who say this car has no power. With the manual I feel like I get more pick up than I did with my Edge. I love all of the options it comes with and I don't feel like I am missing out on anything with this model. I also have a car seat in the back and it fits just fine with the added leg room. My 2yr old son can climb in and out of his seat with no problem. I had a Hyundai Tiburon for 7 years that I loved and this is the closest thing to it that I have driven. I would recommend this car to anyone who is is sick of the boring 4-door family car, but still need enough room for the family and piece of mind that it won't be in the shop after the warranty is up."

Good investment

By on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pros: "great design, comfort, and gas mileage"

Cons: "Steering wheel blocks view of speedometer"

"Great exterior appearance and styling, comfortable interior, good gas mileage."

I love this car

By on Friday, December 27, 2013

Pros: "price,toyota"

"I have been driving my 2000 toyota corolla for last 6 yrs without any problem, so I was unconformable changing brand with economic option. So I choose Toyota corolla 2014 and am fall in love again with my car."

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

Pros: "great price, brakes, good mpg, look"

Cons: "could uses a little more hp"

"I love the new look of this car! I have read a lot of reviews and consumer comments saying it looks bland but I am just not seeing it. I have always driven Toyotas and they always last well over 200k miles. However, I decided to buy a better looking ford focus last year(before corrollas redesign)and made a huge mistake. The trasmission jerked and made loud grinding sounds. I took it to the shop and they said that it needed a lot of work done because the parts were on backorder I would have to wait an additional 35 days. I was told because there were so many people experiencing same issue. I decided to trade it in and realized it had lost 50 percent of its value in 2 year. I traded it in for a very reliable Toyota. This car is not meant to be and does not pretend to be a 4 second car. I was able to get an s plus fully loaded for $16, 500 from a dealership. There is not a single car that could touch that with all t he options I got. I know this car will last forever and will more than likrly be given to one if my kids . This next car I get after this will be a caddy but until then I am extremely happy to own a tacoma and corrolla. I would haggle with your dealer on price!"

Great car with luxury feel for under $20k

By on Saturday, December 07, 2013

Pros: "Price, Ride, interior space, MPG, luxury features"

Cons: "pay extra for floor mats."

"I own the LE Plus. The only options added are the sunroof, mats, and cargo net. While reviewers have noted ad infinitum that it isn't a "drivers car" it certainly has more than adequate power for any sane driver, and the handling and steering are quite solid - certainly no "floatiness". The ride is very quiet and bumps are handled very well; I have never driven a car with better suspension. The interior, as noted elsewhere is large for this class car. With other standard features like LED headlights, backup camera, auto-climate control, a very good radio (beg to differ with other reviewer) that picks up more stations than any radio I have ever experienced, and very clear intuitive controls this car to me is like a luxury car and I got it for well under $20K out the door. Gas mileage so far is averaging 36.5 MPG highway/city combined. Reliability (see consumer reports) is expected to be well above average."

I love this compact car.

By on Saturday, November 30, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, reliable, fuel efficient."

Cons: "Seats are quite firm for my taste."

"I owned a lot of Toyotas like Prius, Camrys, Avalons, Highlander, and Sequoia. This is my first small car from Toyota (I used to have Nissan Sentras, Mitsubishi Lancers, 2003 Accord coupe). So far, I love my new Corolla LE. It is quieter than the previous version Corolla and other car in its class that I rented (I usually rent cars for 3 days to compare them before buying one). Right now, I am getting 37 mpg combined. Interior is nice especially the dashboard, with easy to control radio and temperature. The available reverse camera is very helpful. Seats are comfortable, but quite hard for my taste though. Although the exterior may look aggressive or sporty especially with a standard LED headlights, but it is not a sports car. It is a modern compact car that focus more in reliability, comfort, and safety and fuel economy. Overall, this 2014 Corolla is a balance of economy of small car and comfort of bigger cars."

mixed feelings about it.

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "great mpg, good look"

Cons: "a bit lack luster givin features other models have"

"I've had this car for a little over 1 month. so far the radio stinks. I lose radio signal continuously because Toyota doesn't offer the options key for switching hd or standard radio signal for the le eco lcd radio head. so I'm forced to never have the radio on. car likes to choke from time to time. my dash vibrates, loudly at times. to top things off car has a tendency to go too fast with out putting much pressure on gas peddle. its a shame really cause even with these issues I like the mpg I'm getting which is about 38 mpg. if you buy a eco, buy the plus. it'll have the options key and much more. so far a bit disappointed. unsure about reliablility seems how I've only drivin it for a month. I used to drive a yaris sedan before this. kinda wish I never got out of it now."

I love my Toy

By on Monday, November 11, 2013

Pros: "Looks, Economy, Entertainment LED lights"

Cons: "I would love an 8 way adjustable electric seat."

"I purchased a 2014 Toyota Corolla S Plus with the Drivers Convenience package (Moon Roof, Navigation, APPS). I love this car. It rides nice, has the power I need, and is averaging 36 MPG in mixed driving. The instrumentation is well thought out and informative. The sound system is wonderful. I love the LED head lights. I love the keyless entry and start. I can't rate the reliability because I only have 1100 miles on it. The Bluetooth connectivity with my Samsung Galaxy II Syrocket seems to disconnect and connect again randomly so I gave the Comfort and Convenience a 9. It seems to work very reliably with my wifes Samsung Galaxy III but I have not tested it extensively."

Lemon Likely

By on Sunday, November 03, 2013

Pros: "Appealing to the Eye"

Cons: "Unreliable"

"I purchased the 2014 Toyota Corolla on October 19, 2013. The following morning the check engine light came on while driving. With only 60 miles on the car, it was towed back to the dealership. The mechanics determined that the air compressor had been defective. After waiting a week for that part to be replaced I finally was given my car back. While driving the car for just over a week I have noticed that the stereo fades and makes popping noises. Then today the car became much louder when accelerating. Now I have to go back to get it fixed or hopefully be given a new car. My first car was a 1987 Toyota Camry and until now I always had so much pride owning a Toyota. I guess things have changed over the decades. I do not recommend this car."

Great car loaded for a great price $22,500

By on Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Pros: "Grea mileage ,loaded for under$23,000"

Cons: "Some accessories not available yet"

"Great car!! My wife loves it it has everything for under$23,00, great sound system, nav system , super ,mileage, we love it!!"

Excellent car for the price

By on Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Pros: "Styling, quality, features"

Cons: "light handling"

"I haven't had this car for very long but I am really happy with it so far. It looks good, is well built, drives well and is comfortable. I bought this car for the same usage that I imagine a lot of Corolla buyers buy this car: Commuting to work and occasional family usage. This particular model (I have the S Plus in the Blue Crush color) is really good looking and way more stylish that previous models. It has a soft, easy ride and light handling. It's not a sports car and doesn't pretend to be one but it's just fine for the daily grind. The interior is attractive and well laid out. I have the black with slate blue upholstery combination and it is a lot more subtle than it appears in photographs, the blue is very grey, not too bright. It easily fits four adults with plenty of leg room but watch the head room in back if you have a very tall passenger. Six foot tall men fit fine but my Six foot Two passenger's head was hitting the ceiling. Sound system works well. I have Entune without Apps (be aware there are two versions when you're shopping, if you want apps you'll have to get the navigation system) it connects seamlessly to my iPhone and picks up just where it left off when I restart the vehicle each time. It also reads my text messages to me though I've not figured out sending messages. I cannot speak to it's reliability as I haven't had it long but I anticipate Toyota's well earned reputation for quality will apply here as well as it has to my Avalon. Overall it's a really good car for the money. Highly recommended."

2014 Toyota Corolla LE Plus

By on Monday, September 16, 2013

"Bought an LE Plus, ride is very good only 350 miles on it. Very satisfied with quality and fit of the car. Many improvements over the 04 Corolla previously owned. More room in side also. Can't say enough about how reliable old Corolla was, imagine reliability for the 2014 model will be just as good. Plus, you get two years or 25,000 mi free maintenance including oil changes."

Great vehicle so far

By on Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Pros: "MPG, style and ride"

Cons: "no dealer installed accessories available yet"

"Just purchased the car S-Premium on 9/1/13 for $22060.00. I can't rate the reliability since I only have 400 miles on it. It has good power and braking with the 4 wheel disc brakes. I really didn't need the S-Premium, but I liked the looks of the 2014 over the 2013 and that was the only one they had. Very comfortable ride. Getting 37 mpg combined driving even before it is broke in. Unable to get dealer installed accessories like the mud guards yet and will most likely be at least a month before I can."