2014 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,100 - $16,805.

10/7.6

Based on 53 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Best first new car!

By on Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, all-around awesome"

Cons: "non standard sunroof, slightly elevated dashboard"

"I have owned a very old Mercedes for my very first car. Unfortunately, the cost to fix the engine was far more than the vehicle itself. With the constant browsing through the market of compact/subcompact cars, I was dead-set on getting the 2015 Honda Fit. However, my mother told me that the revamped 2015 Toyota Corolla suited my needs, due to its bigger space and longevity. Good thing I listened to her. I now own a 2015 Toyota Corolla S Plus model. The interior and exterior completely changed for the better in the 11th generation of Corollas. Great audio, bluetooth capability, USB port, etc. Just a user-friendly infotainment system. The outside looks very modern, resonating the presence of a Lexus, if you look at it closely. Many car enthusiasts and car reviewers will argue the weak power, not fun-to-drive environment of the Corolla. Put the car into sport mode and manual mode, now let's see who's wrong. The numbers on the paper may not seem so great, but the experience of this car passes beyond it's 20k value. The CVT creates a smooth ride as well. I highly recommend this car, especially the Sport trim levels for its fun-to-drive and engaging personality. Trust me on this. Even choosing the base trim level will still be a smart choice for the consumers because of the legendary reliability Toyota has. Test drive it yourself. You won't regret it."

Big Problem at 13,500 Miles

By on Sunday, April 19, 2015

"After trac off and check engine light would not stay off, took to dealer. It is having a CYLINDER HEAD replaced at 13,500 miles. I have the LE ECO and have driven it rather gently. I am hugely dissapointed as I have a sick feeling this particular car may not be the little workhorse that can attain 300,000 miles if I treat it right. Considering getting rid of it. I bought it in 2013. It is a 2014 model. Perhaps mine was one of the first off the assembly line. No excuse. Hugely disappointed. Also the seat fabric stains ridiculously easy, with a rather conservative adult using it. Hate to see it if children were in it."

Beautiful design with customer first

By on Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Pros: "Great price , fun to drive"

Cons: "No sunglasses holder"

Letting it take a rest

"The hottest vehicle on the road today . Affordable, yet everything you ever wanted and more in a vehicle. Honda has nothing on this vehicle. The options are endless, and the ride is so comfortable, quite and smooth."

Letting it take a rest

I love this compact car.

By on Saturday, November 30, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, reliable, fuel efficient."

Cons: "Seats are quite firm for my taste."

"I owned a lot of Toyotas like Prius, Camrys, Avalons, Highlander, and Sequoia. This is my first small car from Toyota (I used to have Nissan Sentras, Mitsubishi Lancers, 2003 Accord coupe). So far, I love my new Corolla LE. It is quieter than the previous version Corolla and other car in its class that I rented (I usually rent cars for 3 days to compare them before buying one). Right now, I am getting 37 mpg combined. Interior is nice especially the dashboard, with easy to control radio and temperature. The available reverse camera is very helpful. Seats are comfortable, but quite hard for my taste though. Although the exterior may look aggressive or sporty especially with a standard LED headlights, but it is not a sports car. It is a modern compact car that focus more in reliability, comfort, and safety and fuel economy. Overall, this 2014 Corolla is a balance of economy of small car and comfort of bigger cars."

LOVING OUR 2ND COROLLA

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

Pros: "Visibility, value, better fit and finish, handling"

"Back in 2009 we bought a Corolla LE had it for 5 years after sending off last payment both decided look at another economical car liked the Corolla. We loved Toyota and that was our very first import so liked the new Corolla its packed with few more options have at a greater price. The seats are bit comfortable and got an blue tooth wireless and have features that are standard at best. Our gas mileage which 40.8 mpg that's coming from doing freeway driving and passing through suburbs. This car is more quality built on being remanufactured excellent with better value and interior materials a really nice car for the money. THANK YOU AGAIN TOYOTA!!!!!"

Perfect Re-Design but Still the Same Great Corolla

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive and handle, great mpg, sleek design"

Cons: "A little loud driving on the highway, pricier."

"This is my third Corolla since I bought my first car six years ago and I would have to say that this Corolla is the best one so far. The re-design is great, inside and outside. I have the blue sport Corolla, which you don't see on the road very often. It's bigger than your typical Corolla, just slightly smaller than the Camry but not as much. It drives just as smooth as the pervious Corolla versions and it comes with great amount of leg room, more than my previous ones. I know some people have some different opinions on the gas mileage. I think a lot of that comes from how you drive. So with that in mind... I want to let anyone reading this know that I was able to get 32 mpg in town and 41 mpg on the highway. Yes. I was very impressed with the mpg. As long as you drive conservatively, your mpg will be much improved. Really, the only problem I have is I don't have a sun roof but I'm sure all 2014 Corolla's are different. Not that not having a sun roof is a problem, just a personal preference. Either way, the 2014 is a great car and any Corolla lover looking for another car should get this one for sure."

I love my Toy

By on Monday, November 11, 2013

Pros: "Looks, Economy, Entertainment LED lights"

Cons: "I would love an 8 way adjustable electric seat."

"I purchased a 2014 Toyota Corolla S Plus with the Drivers Convenience package (Moon Roof, Navigation, APPS). I love this car. It rides nice, has the power I need, and is averaging 36 MPG in mixed driving. The instrumentation is well thought out and informative. The sound system is wonderful. I love the LED head lights. I love the keyless entry and start. I can't rate the reliability because I only have 1100 miles on it. The Bluetooth connectivity with my Samsung Galaxy II Syrocket seems to disconnect and connect again randomly so I gave the Comfort and Convenience a 9. It seems to work very reliably with my wifes Samsung Galaxy III but I have not tested it extensively."

I love my Toy

By on Monday, February 10, 2014

"I was not sure about getting a vehicle with a CVT transmission so I leased it, just in case. After 4k miles I can say that I actually prefer the CVT transmission to a standard auto. The Navigation system is awesome. I had to change the map's perspective to show the direction I am going rather than North on top and West to the left, ect. I like seeing the intersection I am approaching coming from the top of the screen progressing downward. The “Voice Recognition” system could use some work. The LED head lights are the best! The sound system need no upgrades. Did i mention that the room inside is very surprising! I am 6'1” and I can have the seat where I want it and my 6'1” son can sit behind me without his knees bumping the seat. I like walking up to the car and having the inside light come on before I do anything and then unlocking when I touch the handle. Neat!"

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

Pros: "great price, brakes, good mpg, look"

Cons: "could uses a little more hp"

"I love the new look of this car! I have read a lot of reviews and consumer comments saying it looks bland but I am just not seeing it. I have always driven Toyotas and they always last well over 200k miles. However, I decided to buy a better looking ford focus last year(before corrollas redesign)and made a huge mistake. The trasmission jerked and made loud grinding sounds. I took it to the shop and they said that it needed a lot of work done because the parts were on backorder I would have to wait an additional 35 days. I was told because there were so many people experiencing same issue. I decided to trade it in and realized it had lost 50 percent of its value in 2 year. I traded it in for a very reliable Toyota. This car is not meant to be and does not pretend to be a 4 second car. I was able to get an s plus fully loaded for $16, 500 from a dealership. There is not a single car that could touch that with all t he options I got. I know this car will last forever and will more than likrly be given to one if my kids . This next car I get after this will be a caddy but until then I am extremely happy to own a tacoma and corrolla. I would haggle with your dealer on price!"

Love and will recommend

By on Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Pros: "Stylish, great options, reliable, safe"

Cons: "small armrest for driver, no sunglasses holder"

"I am actually downsizing from a Ford Edge. I loved the Edge, but I needed something reliable and more fuel efficient. My husband has always been a fan of Toyota and actually bought a Tundra in 2010. I began my quest looking for a used SUV, but the Corolla caught my eye. I test drove over 15 cars/SUVs and narrowed my decision down to a used Mini Countryman or a 2014 Corolla. I decided that for the money this was a great all around choice and bonus it came in an upgraded manual. I ended up buying the S Plus model with a 6 speed manual. I have to disagree with many who say this car has no power. With the manual I feel like I get more pick up than I did with my Edge. I love all of the options it comes with and I don't feel like I am missing out on anything with this model. I also have a car seat in the back and it fits just fine with the added leg room. My 2yr old son can climb in and out of his seat with no problem. I had a Hyundai Tiburon for 7 years that I loved and this is the closest thing to it that I have driven. I would recommend this car to anyone who is is sick of the boring 4-door family car, but still need enough room for the family and piece of mind that it won't be in the shop after the warranty is up."