2014 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,570 - $16,253.

10/7.6

Based on 54 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Very Reliable

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Price, high mpg, comfort, reliable"

Cons: "no gps in standard s model"

"Since we bought our corolla in Jan. 2014 we have been through ice and mud. While SUVs and trucks were getting stuck the corolla carried us home safely. It is super comfortable for the front and back seats. Love that I can stream music via blue tooth and take phone calls. Right now we are getting 30.2 mpg city. If I could do one thing different I would have got the model with the entune in it."

UNEXPECTEDLY UNRELIABLE

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pros: "Appeareance"

Cons: "Reliability"

"Great car, between what expected at first. Good looking, functional, but with less than 4500 miles... Broken CVT, replaced under warranty but now handles differently... in a poor manner. Sad, had so good previous Toyota experiences that I was fully convinced when I bought this one that I will have a reliable trouble free operation for years..."

Awesome, safe, reliable, fun to drive family car.

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pros: "Safety, Styling, Interior, Handling, Seats, MPG"

Cons: "No coat hanger, Trunk hinges"

"Traded in my 2010 Mazda 3 S GT. Test drove, 2014 Civic, Mazda 3 and Focus. Mazda 3 handles better, but the 2014 Corolla is much better. 8 air bags (driver and front passenger Advanced Airbag System, front seat-mounted side airbags for the driver and front passenger, front and rear side curtain airbags, driver knee and passenger seat-cushion airbags) and the safety scores are excellent, NHTSA 5 star ratings and the IIHS earning Good ratings in all areas of testing except the difficult new Small Overlap Front test, received marginal, which most cars received, gives me a piece of mind driving with my family. I like the backup camera. The exterior styling is amazing and interior with the retro dashboard is nice looking. The black softex seats with the white stitching are super comfy and nice looking. I have two kids and the back seats have lots of room. Even more room versus the competition. The front grille piano black and chrome trim are nice with the black rims. Car rides and handles nicely, especially with the sports button on, slipped into manual mode with the paddle shifters behind the steering wheel make it a blast to drive on winding roads. The sports button increases throttle response to help you accelerate faster with crisp shifts. The steering a little numb feeling at times on corners, but not noticeable on highway driving. The 17 inch wheels with the 4-disk brakes are perfect. Not mushy or hard feeling. The LED headlights light up the road nicely. Radio has a great sound (better than the Mazda Bose speakers) and the hands free Bluetooth w/text messaging reply is easy to connect and use. I use the Google Play and stream all my music from the Galaxy S4 via the Bluetooth system. I am averaging 36 mpg so far. Two things I do not like, which are trivial is, no coast hanger and the trunk hinges. Overall, this is a safe, reliable, dependable, nice looking fun to drive family car. I definitely recommend."

Comfy little speed machine, with a great mpg

By on Saturday, November 15, 2014

Pros: "MPG! Comfortable, affordable, touchscreen, LEDs"

Cons: "Lock controls don't light up"

"This car is my baby, I love it! Once I got in and had to drive it into the city I realized this is the comfiest car I've driven. Things to know are, the cabin storage in the front is a bit reduced than the larger camry, and the glove compartment doesn't lock. But it has standard led, and touchscreen, plus the back up camera is the best. The ride is smooth, you do hear some road noise, but nothing too bad. Fast heat up and it's pretty good in the snow. Easy to learn tech and you can track your mpg, and see what's the best mpg you've done. It doesn't have door cup holders like the larger camry, but it has a pop up cup holder in the back if you need it. The backseat is easy to fold, and the brakes are amazing. It fits almost anywhere, and the rims are pretty sweet. The steering wheel is very convenient when u can't access the touchscreen, though it isn't far to reach. You can choose from the sportier SE or the LE, both come with foglights as well. Loved the dashboard in the SE, made me think I was in a race car. Fills up with about $38, if gas is around $3.20. Test this car, you might find it to be the one for you. I know I did"

Fabulous car

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, great gas mileage, neat electronics"

Cons: "scratchy cloth"

"I bought another Corolla after owning a 2004 that I finally passed along at 178,000 miles - it had one major problem under warrantee, but absolutely no problems after that. I now have the 2014 Eco Plus model - it is a veritable sports car compared with my previous Corolla and a miser with gas - according to the computer I am getting 42 miles per gallon and according to my calculations at the pump about 40 - 41 mpg. It has all sorts of neat electronics such as a bluetooth phone - however it is not overwhelming compared with other cars I have seen. My only quibbles with the car are: there are fewer storage compartments than in the 2004 model; the "cloth" material used is not as soft as the material used previously and feels a little scratchy (though is probably easier to clean) - you may want to consider an upgrade to the fake leather. Otherwise it is a great car."