2014 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,746 - $16,309.

10/7.6

Based on 34 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

I love my Toy

By on Monday, November 11, 2013

Pros: "Looks, Economy, Entertainment LED lights"

Cons: "I would love an 8 way adjustable electric seat."

"I purchased a 2014 Toyota Corolla S Plus with the Drivers Convenience package (Moon Roof, Navigation, APPS). I love this car. It rides nice, has the power I need, and is averaging 36 MPG in mixed driving. The instrumentation is well thought out and informative. The sound system is wonderful. I love the LED head lights. I love the keyless entry and start. I can't rate the reliability because I only have 1100 miles on it. The Bluetooth connectivity with my Samsung Galaxy II Syrocket seems to disconnect and connect again randomly so I gave the Comfort and Convenience a 9. It seems to work very reliably with my wifes Samsung Galaxy III but I have not tested it extensively."

Awesome, safe, reliable, fun to drive family car.

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pros: "Safety, Styling, Interior, Handling, Seats, MPG"

Cons: "No coat hanger, Trunk hinges"

"Traded in my 2010 Mazda 3 S GT. Test drove, 2014 Civic, Mazda 3 and Focus. Mazda 3 handles better, but the 2014 Corolla is much better. 8 air bags (driver and front passenger Advanced Airbag System, front seat-mounted side airbags for the driver and front passenger, front and rear side curtain airbags, driver knee and passenger seat-cushion airbags) and the safety scores are excellent, NHTSA 5 star ratings and the IIHS earning Good ratings in all areas of testing except the difficult new Small Overlap Front test, received marginal, which most cars received, gives me a piece of mind driving with my family. I like the backup camera. The exterior styling is amazing and interior with the retro dashboard is nice looking. The black softex seats with the white stitching are super comfy and nice looking. I have two kids and the back seats have lots of room. Even more room versus the competition. The front grille piano black and chrome trim are nice with the black rims. Car rides and handles nicely, especially with the sports button on, slipped into manual mode with the paddle shifters behind the steering wheel make it a blast to drive on winding roads. The sports button increases throttle response to help you accelerate faster with crisp shifts. The steering a little numb feeling at times on corners, but not noticeable on highway driving. The 17 inch wheels with the 4-disk brakes are perfect. Not mushy or hard feeling. The LED headlights light up the road nicely. Radio has a great sound (better than the Mazda Bose speakers) and the hands free Bluetooth w/text messaging reply is easy to connect and use. I use the Google Play and stream all my music from the Galaxy S4 via the Bluetooth system. I am averaging 36 mpg so far. Two things I do not like, which are trivial is, no coast hanger and the trunk hinges. Overall, this is a safe, reliable, dependable, nice looking fun to drive family car. I definitely recommend."

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

Pros: "great price, brakes, good mpg, look"

Cons: "could uses a little more hp"

"I love the new look of this car! I have read a lot of reviews and consumer comments saying it looks bland but I am just not seeing it. I have always driven Toyotas and they always last well over 200k miles. However, I decided to buy a better looking ford focus last year(before corrollas redesign)and made a huge mistake. The trasmission jerked and made loud grinding sounds. I took it to the shop and they said that it needed a lot of work done because the parts were on backorder I would have to wait an additional 35 days. I was told because there were so many people experiencing same issue. I decided to trade it in and realized it had lost 50 percent of its value in 2 year. I traded it in for a very reliable Toyota. This car is not meant to be and does not pretend to be a 4 second car. I was able to get an s plus fully loaded for $16, 500 from a dealership. There is not a single car that could touch that with all t he options I got. I know this car will last forever and will more than likrly be given to one if my kids . This next car I get after this will be a caddy but until then I am extremely happy to own a tacoma and corrolla. I would haggle with your dealer on price!"

UNEXPECTEDLY UNRELIABLE

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pros: "Appeareance"

Cons: "Reliability"

"Great car, between what expected at first. Good looking, functional, but with less than 4500 miles... Broken CVT, replaced under warranty but now handles differently... in a poor manner. Sad, had so good previous Toyota experiences that I was fully convinced when I bought this one that I will have a reliable trouble free operation for years..."

Very Reliable

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Price, high mpg, comfort, reliable"

Cons: "no gps in standard s model"

"Since we bought our corolla in Jan. 2014 we have been through ice and mud. While SUVs and trucks were getting stuck the corolla carried us home safely. It is super comfortable for the front and back seats. Love that I can stream music via blue tooth and take phone calls. Right now we are getting 30.2 mpg city. If I could do one thing different I would have got the model with the entune in it."