2014 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,646 - $16,303.

10/7.6

Based on 50 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Excellent car for the price

By on Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Pros: "Styling, quality, features"

Cons: "light handling"

"I haven't had this car for very long but I am really happy with it so far. It looks good, is well built, drives well and is comfortable. I bought this car for the same usage that I imagine a lot of Corolla buyers buy this car: Commuting to work and occasional family usage. This particular model (I have the S Plus in the Blue Crush color) is really good looking and way more stylish that previous models. It has a soft, easy ride and light handling. It's not a sports car and doesn't pretend to be one but it's just fine for the daily grind. The interior is attractive and well laid out. I have the black with slate blue upholstery combination and it is a lot more subtle than it appears in photographs, the blue is very grey, not too bright. It easily fits four adults with plenty of leg room but watch the head room in back if you have a very tall passenger. Six foot tall men fit fine but my Six foot Two passenger's head was hitting the ceiling. Sound system works well. I have Entune without Apps (be aware there are two versions when you're shopping, if you want apps you'll have to get the navigation system) it connects seamlessly to my iPhone and picks up just where it left off when I restart the vehicle each time. It also reads my text messages to me though I've not figured out sending messages. I cannot speak to it's reliability as I haven't had it long but I anticipate Toyota's well earned reputation for quality will apply here as well as it has to my Avalon. Overall it's a really good car for the money. Highly recommended."

This is just a fun little car!

By on Thursday, March 05, 2015

Pros: "A fun, nimble car"

Cons: "Exterior styling doesn't grab me, but it is OK"

"This is our first CVT so it took a litte time to get used to it. Campared to conventional transmissions it makes some funny sounds, espeially during hard acceleration from a stop. Now, though, I love it. It gives the engine more pep and on interstate driving there is no more waiting for downshifts...it just goes and the mileage is great. We think it is a great value per dollar spent."

Best car I've owned

By on Sunday, November 02, 2014

Pros: "LED Headlights, Push-button Start, Sport Mode"

Cons: "No Dual-Zone Climate Ctrl, No Auto-dimming mirror"

"I was trading down from an SUV and was looking for a good reliable car with great mpg. I have always owned Ford so I test drove the Focus Titanium. It felt very gimmicky and lower quality. They also have known transmission issues which really turned me away. The 2015 Corolla S Premium caught my eye and after sitting in it I fell in love, I picked it up for $21,000 after negotiating. I like the utility of the interior, elegant yet simple. I wanted simple and to the point interior, no extra nonsense like goofy lighting and big plastics. The radio, navigation etc are all very intuitive and easy to figure out. The headlights blew me away with visibility, amazing. I find the acceleration to be fine for a car with 132hp and sport mode helps when getting up to speed in a hurry with better accelerator response. This at the moment is probably the best car I have ever owned. It's exactly want I wanted, a no nonsense, comfortable commuter car."

Love this car!

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "exterior, interior, drive"

Cons: "steering wheel"

"I have had this car for a week and i love it so far. Price was a little more than i wanted to spend but over all it was worth it. The only thing I would change is i wish that the steering wheel would pull out farther but other than that i have no complaints."

completes my driving experience

By on Thursday, March 05, 2015

Pros: "all the interior goodies"

Cons: "not the strongest but will take you a-z"

"This car is one of the best I have ever owned. Honest note...you cannot go wrong with a corolla with all the extras especially the eco. the mpg estimation is rated 30-42 but i get more if i just drive without a lead foot. I think this is one of the most practical cars out there..more than a prius witch is more expensive and would take many....many years to coup up the gas mileage compared to the corolla eco."

Not Bad

By on Friday, February 06, 2015

Pros: "drives nice"

Cons: "nothing"

"Leased the car 15 months ago, no problems at all. getting 32 mpg in town 42 hwy. very happy"

Expecting 150,000+ miles

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "Unbeatable Value + Historical Reliability"

Cons: "Convenience Package Not Worth It"

"2015 Corolla S Plus with Convenience Package — Blue with blue seat insets. Immediately went from the dealer to a third-party installer to tint the windows (25%), add a clear bra and side mirror clear wrap, add blue LED footwell lights, two white LED strips in the truck (the see cargo), and a small LED glovebox light (Toyota doesn't include a glovebox light — crazy). Went back to the installer a week later for a set of Infinity Reference S speakers all the way around (they're invisible — drop right into factory mounts). 5,000 miles in I'm still convinced it's the best small car value at present. Roomy with a great interior and feature set, super comfortable front seats, 38~40 mpg on flat highways. My only regret is the convenience package. I should've shopped longer for one in my preferred color combo with just a sunroof. I don't find the SatNav and keyless entry worth the negotiated price (let alone sticker). My iPhone mounted on the dash with Waze, Google Maps, and Apple Maps is a far better navi tool and is closer to the driver. That money is better spent upgrading the weak Toyota speakers (that are connected to an otherwise nice stereo head unit with bluetooth, etc). I love the revised (2014) 11th generation Corolla styling. It's the perfect blend of aggression and practicality. The blue (with a hint of purple) was what got me in the dealership, beating out (my final pics) a Honda Fit, Honda Civic Si, and Subaru Impreza Sport. Two of my relatives have older Corollas and everyone knows how reliable they are. Now that they have a little bit more fun/style, and Toyota dealers are aggressive on pricing — how can you go wrong?"

better than expected

By on Saturday, November 29, 2014

"averaging 40MPG. Comfortable ride."

BEST CAR FOR VALUE!

By on Thursday, May 08, 2014

Pros: "great price, lots of features available, comfy"

Cons: "drives loud ( a lot of street noise)"

"LOVE THE S PREMIUM! only downside is it drives a little 'loud' but I can get pass the street noise for the price I received for all my features ;] excellent on gas!!"

Good investment

By on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pros: "great design, comfort, and gas mileage"

Cons: "Steering wheel blocks view of speedometer"

"Great exterior appearance and styling, comfortable interior, good gas mileage."

Peace of Mind

By on Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Pros: "Great sound system, economical"

Cons: "Noisy ride and hard to get in and out of"

"I bought a Silver S version in August of 2014. I have just over 5,000 miles on it. Very satisfied. The interior is really nice! Leather-like dash and steering wheel. Cool door panels, all black and silver. Great sound system! Good on gas, although I have never seen more than 28 mpg on the eco-boost meter. My only complaint is that the car is pretty noisy on the highway. (Good thing it has a great stereo.) Also, it seems lower to the ground than my 1985 Corolla Hatchback. I am six feet tall and I have to lean back just to get in. Other than that, awesome car! Great value and great reliability. Start it up and go!"

nowhere near quality of 2004 Tacoma SR5 TRD

By on Wednesday, January 28, 2015

"Excessive road noise, air noise like window is down, CVT transmission shudders on up shifts on light to moderate throttle, driver's seat cover had to be replaced at 6 months/ 4000 miles due to abnormal wear (Service adviser stated Toyota using soy on components and are not wearing well)."

good overall but not fun

By on Saturday, July 12, 2014

Pros: "good value, toyota reliability"

Cons: "needs more torque, not fun to drive"

"I bought the corolla S plus with moon roof for my bride 3 months ago to replace a 2007 Matrix xr. I like the exterior on the Plus model but especially like the interior. Like the mpg's i get averaging 34 overall, 60 freeway, 40 city. The car feels more solid than the Matrix and the interior materials are way better as well. With that said I don't like how slow the car accelerates and when in freeway the car does not stay in a straight line without over steering.Toyota needs to make this car more exciting to drive. Although a good value it is as fun as watching C-span"

Looks better, drives like a brick

By on Saturday, December 27, 2014

Pros: "Takes unleaded gas, styling, comfortable"

Cons: "Horrible driving characteristics, bad electronics"

"Well, I finally took my parents advice and got a Toyota. After years of BMW's, VW's, MINI's and Honda's I decided to go practical (my Honda was an S2000). What a mistake. The updated appearance is nice but deceiving. This vehicle LOOKS like it should drive better. I have an S plus with a manual thinking that would be a slightly peppier, "more fun to drive" version. I was incorrect. The balance is all wrong in this vehicle. When I test drove it I thought I would get over all the little things about it which I did not like. The steering is vague at best, the clutch temper mental, shifter RUBBERY and acceleration nonexistent until you hit 4500 + RPM's. Depreciation has been atrocious. The electronics are sub par. It takes eons for USB's to load, voice commands never work (but that is the case in every vehicle), it is hit or miss on bluetooth connectivity, navigation and automatic temperature control is nonintuitive. On the bright side the vehicle does look good both inside and out. Layout is clean. It is very comfortable, the seats especially. There is a lot of storage space (huge trunk and rear seats). Gas mileage has been so-so (average 28), but the unleaded regular is a lot cheaper. Overall this vehicle would be great for someone looking for a vehicle that looks like a sport's car but drives like a Town Car. If you truly appreciate driving move on to something else."

Just the facts

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Nice interior"

Cons: "Noisy when on the freeway. Gas Mileage."

"I had a fully loaded version of this car since mine was in the shop for a couple of days. I have to admit the interior was overhauled and looked good for this car class, however, I didn't find the gas mileage any different from my 2003 Volkswagen Passat. I travel about 70 miles for work and noticed I got the same mileage per gallon ratio. Also my kids kept asking me why the car was loud when we were on the freeway and I have to agree it seem very noisy compared to a Ford Focus or my 4 Runner. So I guess it comes down to the historical reliability that Toyota seems to have which will make people gravitate to this car, however, I would caution since my 2004 Toyota has been having engine problem which still hasn't been resolved completely. And it was this reliability reputation the reason I bought the car in the first place. So who knows."

I love this car

By on Friday, December 27, 2013

Pros: "price,toyota"

"I have been driving my 2000 toyota corolla for last 6 yrs without any problem, so I was unconformable changing brand with economic option. So I choose Toyota corolla 2014 and am fall in love again with my car."

Great car loaded for a great price $22,500

By on Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Pros: "Grea mileage ,loaded for under$23,000"

Cons: "Some accessories not available yet"

"Great car!! My wife loves it it has everything for under$23,00, great sound system, nav system , super ,mileage, we love it!!"

Tech, affordable, spacious, BUT delicate

By on Sunday, December 21, 2014

Pros: "Extremely affordable, high tech, legroom"

Cons: "Bumpy over bumps, flimsy at spots"

"+bluetooth music/phone +rearview backup camera +combined key unlocker, trunk opener (my old 2012 Camry L had a separate car opener, and a separate key) Toyota is doing $4500 off MSRP if you ask. This holiday season, I couldn't find anything close to $16k with so many features. I test drove a Honda and the salesman struggled to come up with reasons why I should pay thousands more for a Civic. The Civic was a lot more cramped in the back, didn't have the usual cupholders in the back mid seat. The only downside is that they could have spent a little more time in it... - USB port flap is very flimsy and looks like it will pop off accidentally like it did on my Camry - Going over speed bumps, I can feel it more than with my Camry"

mixed feelings about it.

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "great mpg, good look"

Cons: "a bit lack luster givin features other models have"

"I've had this car for a little over 1 month. so far the radio stinks. I lose radio signal continuously because Toyota doesn't offer the options key for switching hd or standard radio signal for the le eco lcd radio head. so I'm forced to never have the radio on. car likes to choke from time to time. my dash vibrates, loudly at times. to top things off car has a tendency to go too fast with out putting much pressure on gas peddle. its a shame really cause even with these issues I like the mpg I'm getting which is about 38 mpg. if you buy a eco, buy the plus. it'll have the options key and much more. so far a bit disappointed. unsure about reliablility seems how I've only drivin it for a month. I used to drive a yaris sedan before this. kinda wish I never got out of it now."

Great Reliable Vehicle!

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, Stylish, Gas Saver, Roomy"

Cons: "No Power seats"

"I personally have an LE Corolla I wanted an S model but it was out of my price range. The LE drives wonderfully with a great gas millage. Featuring beautiful cloth seats with leather like material through the dashboard and steering wheel the inside of the car looks beautiful. The features the LE model comes with are basic power windows and doors keyless entry (which the L model doesn’t come with) also comes with a beautiful touchscreen display radio with the reverse camera feature. The sound of the speakers are perfect. You can connect your phone via Bluetooth and when your one a phone call hear and talk to the person through the car. The car even tells you the exact amount of miles you have left in your tank. Which I think is a great feature because you don’t have to guess how much you have when you’re low on gas. One downer for me is it doesn’t have power seats in this model which I think isn’t fair because it has all these wonderful features why wouldn’t they add something as simple as power seats. The space in the car is great it seats four people comfortably with wonderful leg room in the back seats. The vehicle drives really great. Every time I drive it I have no worries at all because I feel good it’s fun to drive and it makes you feel safe because people who know cars know Toyota is a great brand for a fairly priced reliable car. Compared to the other competitors in its class like: Honda Civic, Chevy Cruze, Ford Focus, and Hyundai Elantra the Corolla fits really well I would say it’s close to or been on top of that list due to the fact that the American cars listed on there aren’t as reliable as the foreign ones. Overall the entire vehicle is a great purchase for anyone looking for a reliable gas saving stylish car."

Love the new trans in my S , has plenty of pick u

By on Monday, March 09, 2015

Pros: "great price , and yes fun to drive"

"Toyota's the car company , and sadly ,too many people take advantage of them .People need to be taught to drive , which is not done properly anymore ."

Great car! Cross country moves icy weather no prob

By on Friday, February 27, 2015

Pros: "Solid performance, reliable, fun to drive."

Cons: "Bigger motor would be great."

Poor thing on a snowy day.

"I have had this car a year and it has been great. I moved across the country in it. The radio is nice, interior very convenient and cozy. I have been through a few blizzards with it and did well, traction control, sport mode, paddle shift are all awesome. This car is not super fast but I have cruised comfortably over 100 mph so not bad. I did get hit by a tire on the highway had to replace to front end fascia but I think this car great. 418 miles on a ten gallon tank of gas moving. I could not be happier. I run this car every day and road trip whenever I can. It is great. Heavier than last year Corolla giving you a better grip on the road."

Poor thing on a snowy day.

Great car but it was a problem child

By on Monday, March 23, 2015

Pros: "Good Gas Mileage, Good financing through Toyota"

Cons: "Ride, Comfort-ability,"

"When i purchased this car new off the lot, it did good for the first few months. The A/C compressor went out, then at around that time the transmission started giving me problems. The car was still under warranty so both could be fixed no problem, but that was not the problem. The A/C went out during the beginning of summer and they couldn't get a hold of the part till December! i paid for a brand new car to not have A/C when i actually needed it. i drove the car a lot, and during those months i sweat so much that the threading in the drivers seat started to come out.. Horrible, horrible and horrible. I was a big Toyota fan but after this car i will not purchase another Toyota. The Comfort of the ride is bad too you can also feel every bump on the road."

2015 toyota corolla

By on Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Cons: "cheap, ugly design, bad seats."

"2015 toyota corolla, a piece of junk. it is a bubble car and is darn ugly. seats are bad and the engine is underpowered and loud . you want a good car pay the extra couple thousand get a civic , it is more than twice the car this bubble car is .."

Niether happy nor disappointed

By on Thursday, April 30, 2015

Pros: "MPG, Supposed Reliability, and cost."

Cons: "Seat, lack of power, and lack some basic features"

"I purchased a new 2015 Toyota Corolla S Plus and this is my review. First I do not expect this car to have all the comforts and style of a much more expensive car so the ratings above is for a car of appropriate value. Pro: MPG, Supposed Reliability, and cost. Con: Seat and lack of several features that Civic has. This is my first Toyota and the deciding factor was the cost. I feel I got a great deal which I was not able to get on the Civic which had more features. I purchased the car with 11 miles and drove 150 miles testing it and seeing how it drives. Overall I have no problems though it did have a little issue with some steep hills MPG: It is estimated 37 on highway and I was easily able to get it to 40 for the 150 mile trip. My average speed was 60-65 miles per hour with some 10 miles of steep hills. Around 10 miles was through stop and go traffic. I have good driving habits though so others may see varying results. My one and biggest issue is the seat. It is very uncomfortable and if I would have test driven it longer I would either not have bought the corolla or upgraded it to one with power seats. The S Plus comes with manual seats and are very uncomfortable. I will be finding a solution to rectify the seat issue even if it means replacing it completely. Since the dealership had no S Premiums I would have likely went with a Honda Civic if I had know the seats were so uncomfortable."