2014 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,910 - $16,441.

10/7.6

Based on 26 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Fabulous car

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, great gas mileage, neat electronics"

Cons: "scratchy cloth"

"I bought another Corolla after owning a 2004 that I finally passed along at 178,000 miles - it had one major problem under warrantee, but absolutely no problems after that. I now have the 2014 Eco Plus model - it is a veritable sports car compared with my previous Corolla and a miser with gas - according to the computer I am getting 42 miles per gallon and according to my calculations at the pump about 40 - 41 mpg. It has all sorts of neat electronics such as a bluetooth phone - however it is not overwhelming compared with other cars I have seen. My only quibbles with the car are: there are fewer storage compartments than in the 2004 model; the "cloth" material used is not as soft as the material used previously and feels a little scratchy (though is probably easier to clean) - you may want to consider an upgrade to the fake leather. Otherwise it is a great car."

Great vehicle so far

By on Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Pros: "MPG, style and ride"

Cons: "no dealer installed accessories available yet"

"Just purchased the car S-Premium on 9/1/13 for $22060.00. I can't rate the reliability since I only have 400 miles on it. It has good power and braking with the 4 wheel disc brakes. I really didn't need the S-Premium, but I liked the looks of the 2014 over the 2013 and that was the only one they had. Very comfortable ride. Getting 37 mpg combined driving even before it is broke in. Unable to get dealer installed accessories like the mud guards yet and will most likely be at least a month before I can."

Lemon Likely

By on Sunday, November 03, 2013

Pros: "Appealing to the Eye"

Cons: "Unreliable"

"I purchased the 2014 Toyota Corolla on October 19, 2013. The following morning the check engine light came on while driving. With only 60 miles on the car, it was towed back to the dealership. The mechanics determined that the air compressor had been defective. After waiting a week for that part to be replaced I finally was given my car back. While driving the car for just over a week I have noticed that the stereo fades and makes popping noises. Then today the car became much louder when accelerating. Now I have to go back to get it fixed or hopefully be given a new car. My first car was a 1987 Toyota Camry and until now I always had so much pride owning a Toyota. I guess things have changed over the decades. I do not recommend this car."

Kaizen

By on Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pros: "Great price, fun, sporty look, large trunk."

Cons: "Not much storage space."

"Wow! The Corolla just keeps getting better. The 2014 model handles better than previous models and looks sportier. The wheel base is slightly wider and its height is slightly lower than previous models, allowing for tighter handling around curves, due to the center of gravity change. There is no more fishtailing. For a little 1.8L engine, it has good pickup, especially in Sport mode. I love the paddles on the steering wheel, used for manual shift change. I will use them on winter streets, downshifting on icy roads. The sound system rocks. The seats are comfortable. The gas mileage is 32-38; better than past models. The 17" wheels are standard with the Sport model; much better handling than the little 15" tires from previous years. Very attractive/sporty lockable wheels."

2014 Toyota Corolla LE Plus

By on Monday, September 16, 2013

"Bought an LE Plus, ride is very good only 350 miles on it. Very satisfied with quality and fit of the car. Many improvements over the 04 Corolla previously owned. More room in side also. Can't say enough about how reliable old Corolla was, imagine reliability for the 2014 model will be just as good. Plus, you get two years or 25,000 mi free maintenance including oil changes."

GREAT CAR, PROUD TO OWN IT

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pros: "Great Price and fun to drive with family."

"I felt very comfortable driving this car. It is perfect for a 4 member family. My wife and 2 daughters they love this car. The car is not noisy and moves very smoothly. The interior is great with leather finish. Has a rear camera, Bluetooth. Have cup holders on each doors, 2 in between the driver seat and passenger seat and on at the rear. It has smart key. Just leave your car key in your pocket and just place your hand on the door handle the door automatically unlocks. Awesome."

Good investment

By on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pros: "great design, comfort, and gas mileage"

Cons: "Steering wheel blocks view of speedometer"

"Great exterior appearance and styling, comfortable interior, good gas mileage."

Great car with luxury feel for under $20k

By on Saturday, December 07, 2013

Pros: "Price, Ride, interior space, MPG, luxury features"

Cons: "pay extra for floor mats."

"I own the LE Plus. The only options added are the sunroof, mats, and cargo net. While reviewers have noted ad infinitum that it isn't a "drivers car" it certainly has more than adequate power for any sane driver, and the handling and steering are quite solid - certainly no "floatiness". The ride is very quiet and bumps are handled very well; I have never driven a car with better suspension. The interior, as noted elsewhere is large for this class car. With other standard features like LED headlights, backup camera, auto-climate control, a very good radio (beg to differ with other reviewer) that picks up more stations than any radio I have ever experienced, and very clear intuitive controls this car to me is like a luxury car and I got it for well under $20K out the door. Gas mileage so far is averaging 36.5 MPG highway/city combined. Reliability (see consumer reports) is expected to be well above average."

Excellent car for the price

By on Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Pros: "Styling, quality, features"

Cons: "light handling"

"I haven't had this car for very long but I am really happy with it so far. It looks good, is well built, drives well and is comfortable. I bought this car for the same usage that I imagine a lot of Corolla buyers buy this car: Commuting to work and occasional family usage. This particular model (I have the S Plus in the Blue Crush color) is really good looking and way more stylish that previous models. It has a soft, easy ride and light handling. It's not a sports car and doesn't pretend to be one but it's just fine for the daily grind. The interior is attractive and well laid out. I have the black with slate blue upholstery combination and it is a lot more subtle than it appears in photographs, the blue is very grey, not too bright. It easily fits four adults with plenty of leg room but watch the head room in back if you have a very tall passenger. Six foot tall men fit fine but my Six foot Two passenger's head was hitting the ceiling. Sound system works well. I have Entune without Apps (be aware there are two versions when you're shopping, if you want apps you'll have to get the navigation system) it connects seamlessly to my iPhone and picks up just where it left off when I restart the vehicle each time. It also reads my text messages to me though I've not figured out sending messages. I cannot speak to it's reliability as I haven't had it long but I anticipate Toyota's well earned reputation for quality will apply here as well as it has to my Avalon. Overall it's a really good car for the money. Highly recommended."

Love this car!

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "exterior, interior, drive"

Cons: "steering wheel"

"I have had this car for a week and i love it so far. Price was a little more than i wanted to spend but over all it was worth it. The only thing I would change is i wish that the steering wheel would pull out farther but other than that i have no complaints."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next