2014 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,754 - $16,399.

10/7.6

8.4

Based on 61 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Best first new car!

By on Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, all-around awesome"

Cons: "non standard sunroof, slightly elevated dashboard"

"I have owned a very old Mercedes for my very first car. Unfortunately, the cost to fix the engine was far more than the vehicle itself. With the constant browsing through the market of compact/subcompact cars, I was dead-set on getting the 2015 Honda Fit. However, my mother told me that the revamped 2015 Toyota Corolla suited my needs, due to its bigger space and longevity. Good thing I listened to her. I now own a 2015 Toyota Corolla S Plus model. The interior and exterior completely changed for the better in the 11th generation of Corollas. Great audio, bluetooth capability, USB port, etc. Just a user-friendly infotainment system. The outside looks very modern, resonating the presence of a Lexus, if you look at it closely. Many car enthusiasts and car reviewers will argue the weak power, not fun-to-drive environment of the Corolla. Put the car into sport mode and manual mode, now let's see who's wrong. The numbers on the paper may not seem so great, but the experience of this car passes beyond it's 20k value. The CVT creates a smooth ride as well. I highly recommend this car, especially the Sport trim levels for its fun-to-drive and engaging personality. Trust me on this. Even choosing the base trim level will still be a smart choice for the consumers because of the legendary reliability Toyota has. Test drive it yourself. You won't regret it."

Value for the dollar

By on Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Pros: "Great price, mega fun to drive"

Cons: "love all of the features, large trunk, comfy seats"

"I owned a Corolla in 2006 and was not very pleased with it. I got the 2015 L because of the sporty interior, the blue tooth phone capabilities and many other of the fine features. I was surprised to learn that the L is a basic car. I owed 3 BMW's and the L has many of the same features that the BMW had. A a matter of fact it drives much better also. I am completely pleased, I would highly recommend the L for anyone with a budget, you will get your money's worth and a whole lot more. Rene"

I love this compact car.

By on Saturday, November 30, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, reliable, fuel efficient."

Cons: "Seats are quite firm for my taste."

"I owned a lot of Toyotas like Prius, Camrys, Avalons, Highlander, and Sequoia. This is my first small car from Toyota (I used to have Nissan Sentras, Mitsubishi Lancers, 2003 Accord coupe). So far, I love my new Corolla LE. It is quieter than the previous version Corolla and other car in its class that I rented (I usually rent cars for 3 days to compare them before buying one). Right now, I am getting 37 mpg combined. Interior is nice especially the dashboard, with easy to control radio and temperature. The available reverse camera is very helpful. Seats are comfortable, but quite hard for my taste though. Although the exterior may look aggressive or sporty especially with a standard LED headlights, but it is not a sports car. It is a modern compact car that focus more in reliability, comfort, and safety and fuel economy. Overall, this 2014 Corolla is a balance of economy of small car and comfort of bigger cars."

I love my Toy

By on Monday, November 11, 2013

Pros: "Looks, Economy, Entertainment LED lights"

Cons: "I would love an 8 way adjustable electric seat."

"I purchased a 2014 Toyota Corolla S Plus with the Drivers Convenience package (Moon Roof, Navigation, APPS). I love this car. It rides nice, has the power I need, and is averaging 36 MPG in mixed driving. The instrumentation is well thought out and informative. The sound system is wonderful. I love the LED head lights. I love the keyless entry and start. I can't rate the reliability because I only have 1100 miles on it. The Bluetooth connectivity with my Samsung Galaxy II Syrocket seems to disconnect and connect again randomly so I gave the Comfort and Convenience a 9. It seems to work very reliably with my wifes Samsung Galaxy III but I have not tested it extensively."

I love my Toy

By on Monday, February 10, 2014

"I was not sure about getting a vehicle with a CVT transmission so I leased it, just in case. After 4k miles I can say that I actually prefer the CVT transmission to a standard auto. The Navigation system is awesome. I had to change the map's perspective to show the direction I am going rather than North on top and West to the left, ect. I like seeing the intersection I am approaching coming from the top of the screen progressing downward. The “Voice Recognition” system could use some work. The LED head lights are the best! The sound system need no upgrades. Did i mention that the room inside is very surprising! I am 6'1” and I can have the seat where I want it and my 6'1” son can sit behind me without his knees bumping the seat. I like walking up to the car and having the inside light come on before I do anything and then unlocking when I touch the handle. Neat!"

LOVING OUR 2ND COROLLA

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

Pros: "Visibility, value, better fit and finish, handling"

"Back in 2009 we bought a Corolla LE had it for 5 years after sending off last payment both decided look at another economical car liked the Corolla. We loved Toyota and that was our very first import so liked the new Corolla its packed with few more options have at a greater price. The seats are bit comfortable and got an blue tooth wireless and have features that are standard at best. Our gas mileage which 40.8 mpg that's coming from doing freeway driving and passing through suburbs. This car is more quality built on being remanufactured excellent with better value and interior materials a really nice car for the money. THANK YOU AGAIN TOYOTA!!!!!"

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

Pros: "great price, brakes, good mpg, look"

Cons: "could uses a little more hp"

"I love the new look of this car! I have read a lot of reviews and consumer comments saying it looks bland but I am just not seeing it. I have always driven Toyotas and they always last well over 200k miles. However, I decided to buy a better looking ford focus last year(before corrollas redesign)and made a huge mistake. The trasmission jerked and made loud grinding sounds. I took it to the shop and they said that it needed a lot of work done because the parts were on backorder I would have to wait an additional 35 days. I was told because there were so many people experiencing same issue. I decided to trade it in and realized it had lost 50 percent of its value in 2 year. I traded it in for a very reliable Toyota. This car is not meant to be and does not pretend to be a 4 second car. I was able to get an s plus fully loaded for $16, 500 from a dealership. There is not a single car that could touch that with all t he options I got. I know this car will last forever and will more than likrly be given to one if my kids . This next car I get after this will be a caddy but until then I am extremely happy to own a tacoma and corrolla. I would haggle with your dealer on price!"

Love and will recommend

By on Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Pros: "Stylish, great options, reliable, safe"

Cons: "small armrest for driver, no sunglasses holder"

"I am actually downsizing from a Ford Edge. I loved the Edge, but I needed something reliable and more fuel efficient. My husband has always been a fan of Toyota and actually bought a Tundra in 2010. I began my quest looking for a used SUV, but the Corolla caught my eye. I test drove over 15 cars/SUVs and narrowed my decision down to a used Mini Countryman or a 2014 Corolla. I decided that for the money this was a great all around choice and bonus it came in an upgraded manual. I ended up buying the S Plus model with a 6 speed manual. I have to disagree with many who say this car has no power. With the manual I feel like I get more pick up than I did with my Edge. I love all of the options it comes with and I don't feel like I am missing out on anything with this model. I also have a car seat in the back and it fits just fine with the added leg room. My 2yr old son can climb in and out of his seat with no problem. I had a Hyundai Tiburon for 7 years that I loved and this is the closest thing to it that I have driven. I would recommend this car to anyone who is is sick of the boring 4-door family car, but still need enough room for the family and piece of mind that it won't be in the shop after the warranty is up."

Perfect Re-Design but Still the Same Great Corolla

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive and handle, great mpg, sleek design"

Cons: "A little loud driving on the highway, pricier."

"This is my third Corolla since I bought my first car six years ago and I would have to say that this Corolla is the best one so far. The re-design is great, inside and outside. I have the blue sport Corolla, which you don't see on the road very often. It's bigger than your typical Corolla, just slightly smaller than the Camry but not as much. It drives just as smooth as the pervious Corolla versions and it comes with great amount of leg room, more than my previous ones. I know some people have some different opinions on the gas mileage. I think a lot of that comes from how you drive. So with that in mind... I want to let anyone reading this know that I was able to get 32 mpg in town and 41 mpg on the highway. Yes. I was very impressed with the mpg. As long as you drive conservatively, your mpg will be much improved. Really, the only problem I have is I don't have a sun roof but I'm sure all 2014 Corolla's are different. Not that not having a sun roof is a problem, just a personal preference. Either way, the 2014 is a great car and any Corolla lover looking for another car should get this one for sure."

Best economic and reliable car in the Market

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Pros: "Economic, Nice look and feel ,nice features."

Cons: "None."

"I just bought this new toyota corolla S 2015 this year and this car is just great. Mileage is 30 on streets and 34 on highways. Also they have changed the old school look and gave it a new modern loo. Also, the inerior is well remodeled and more comfortable as compared to previous models. Love my Car !!"

UNEXPECTEDLY UNRELIABLE

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pros: "Appeareance"

Cons: "Reliability"

"Great car, between what expected at first. Good looking, functional, but with less than 4500 miles... Broken CVT, replaced under warranty but now handles differently... in a poor manner. Sad, had so good previous Toyota experiences that I was fully convinced when I bought this one that I will have a reliable trouble free operation for years..."

Very Reliable

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Price, high mpg, comfort, reliable"

Cons: "no gps in standard s model"

"Since we bought our corolla in Jan. 2014 we have been through ice and mud. While SUVs and trucks were getting stuck the corolla carried us home safely. It is super comfortable for the front and back seats. Love that I can stream music via blue tooth and take phone calls. Right now we are getting 30.2 mpg city. If I could do one thing different I would have got the model with the entune in it."

Awesome, safe, reliable, fun to drive family car.

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pros: "Safety, Styling, Interior, Handling, Seats, MPG"

Cons: "No coat hanger, Trunk hinges"

"Traded in my 2010 Mazda 3 S GT. Test drove, 2014 Civic, Mazda 3 and Focus. Mazda 3 handles better, but the 2014 Corolla is much better. 8 air bags (driver and front passenger Advanced Airbag System, front seat-mounted side airbags for the driver and front passenger, front and rear side curtain airbags, driver knee and passenger seat-cushion airbags) and the safety scores are excellent, NHTSA 5 star ratings and the IIHS earning Good ratings in all areas of testing except the difficult new Small Overlap Front test, received marginal, which most cars received, gives me a piece of mind driving with my family. I like the backup camera. The exterior styling is amazing and interior with the retro dashboard is nice looking. The black softex seats with the white stitching are super comfy and nice looking. I have two kids and the back seats have lots of room. Even more room versus the competition. The front grille piano black and chrome trim are nice with the black rims. Car rides and handles nicely, especially with the sports button on, slipped into manual mode with the paddle shifters behind the steering wheel make it a blast to drive on winding roads. The sports button increases throttle response to help you accelerate faster with crisp shifts. The steering a little numb feeling at times on corners, but not noticeable on highway driving. The 17 inch wheels with the 4-disk brakes are perfect. Not mushy or hard feeling. The LED headlights light up the road nicely. Radio has a great sound (better than the Mazda Bose speakers) and the hands free Bluetooth w/text messaging reply is easy to connect and use. I use the Google Play and stream all my music from the Galaxy S4 via the Bluetooth system. I am averaging 36 mpg so far. Two things I do not like, which are trivial is, no coast hanger and the trunk hinges. Overall, this is a safe, reliable, dependable, nice looking fun to drive family car. I definitely recommend."

Comfy little speed machine, with a great mpg

By on Saturday, November 15, 2014

Pros: "MPG! Comfortable, affordable, touchscreen, LEDs"

Cons: "Lock controls don't light up"

"This car is my baby, I love it! Once I got in and had to drive it into the city I realized this is the comfiest car I've driven. Things to know are, the cabin storage in the front is a bit reduced than the larger camry, and the glove compartment doesn't lock. But it has standard led, and touchscreen, plus the back up camera is the best. The ride is smooth, you do hear some road noise, but nothing too bad. Fast heat up and it's pretty good in the snow. Easy to learn tech and you can track your mpg, and see what's the best mpg you've done. It doesn't have door cup holders like the larger camry, but it has a pop up cup holder in the back if you need it. The backseat is easy to fold, and the brakes are amazing. It fits almost anywhere, and the rims are pretty sweet. The steering wheel is very convenient when u can't access the touchscreen, though it isn't far to reach. You can choose from the sportier SE or the LE, both come with foglights as well. Loved the dashboard in the SE, made me think I was in a race car. Fills up with about $38, if gas is around $3.20. Test this car, you might find it to be the one for you. I know I did"

Fabulous car

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, great gas mileage, neat electronics"

Cons: "scratchy cloth"

"I bought another Corolla after owning a 2004 that I finally passed along at 178,000 miles - it had one major problem under warrantee, but absolutely no problems after that. I now have the 2014 Eco Plus model - it is a veritable sports car compared with my previous Corolla and a miser with gas - according to the computer I am getting 42 miles per gallon and according to my calculations at the pump about 40 - 41 mpg. It has all sorts of neat electronics such as a bluetooth phone - however it is not overwhelming compared with other cars I have seen. My only quibbles with the car are: there are fewer storage compartments than in the 2004 model; the "cloth" material used is not as soft as the material used previously and feels a little scratchy (though is probably easier to clean) - you may want to consider an upgrade to the fake leather. Otherwise it is a great car."

Great vehicle so far

By on Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Pros: "MPG, style and ride"

Cons: "no dealer installed accessories available yet"

"Just purchased the car S-Premium on 9/1/13 for $22060.00. I can't rate the reliability since I only have 400 miles on it. It has good power and braking with the 4 wheel disc brakes. I really didn't need the S-Premium, but I liked the looks of the 2014 over the 2013 and that was the only one they had. Very comfortable ride. Getting 37 mpg combined driving even before it is broke in. Unable to get dealer installed accessories like the mud guards yet and will most likely be at least a month before I can."

Lemon Likely

By on Sunday, November 03, 2013

Pros: "Appealing to the Eye"

Cons: "Unreliable"

"I purchased the 2014 Toyota Corolla on October 19, 2013. The following morning the check engine light came on while driving. With only 60 miles on the car, it was towed back to the dealership. The mechanics determined that the air compressor had been defective. After waiting a week for that part to be replaced I finally was given my car back. While driving the car for just over a week I have noticed that the stereo fades and makes popping noises. Then today the car became much louder when accelerating. Now I have to go back to get it fixed or hopefully be given a new car. My first car was a 1987 Toyota Camry and until now I always had so much pride owning a Toyota. I guess things have changed over the decades. I do not recommend this car."

Second Corolla

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

Pros: "great mpg, fun to drive"

Cons: "too many to list in 50 characters"

"I purchased this car one year ago. Overall, I like the car as long as I am traveling alone. A couple of issues I have noticed over the past year: Road noise.... yeah... there is a lot of that. You will need the excellent sound system in this car because you will have to drowned our the road noise. This car is great on a smooth road. So a well maintained road or interstate is awesome. HOWEVER, it will beat you to death on a bumpy road. Gravel you can forget it!!! I drive ALOT!!! I can tell you my body feels every single mile in this car. I am guessing it is the tires and "sporty" suspension. I attempted to by a different tire and was told the "low profile" style tires are all that will work on this vehicle. I have two children ages 7 and 10. This car is not big or roomie enough for children in the back seat. I am short (5'3") and so are they yet they still manage to put their feet on the back of the seat or their knees. Additionally, the distance or lack thereof is not enough to keep their noise in their area so to speak. And the distance between them is not enough to keep the "stop touching me's" at bay! Which is no bueno! I am not a fan of the interior carpet and upholstery either. I have the black Corolla S with the black interior. The carpet is difficult to clean. I have attempted to vaccuum it myself and have used professional services and the results are less than desirable. The upholstery shows everything from water marks to dirt to lint, all of which is difficult to near impossible to remove. I do get decent mpg. I travel ALOT and I average 33 overall. I drive faster than I should and I am sure with a little attention I could get better mpg. This car is fast and handles speed well, caution you will not realize how fast you are driving but the police will let you very quickly! I guess if I had to do it all over I would have likely spent the extra money and got the Accord or Civic. At the time I liked the looks of the Corolla and was impressed with the outward appearance."

GREAT CAR, PROUD TO OWN IT

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pros: "Great Price and fun to drive with family."

"I felt very comfortable driving this car. It is perfect for a 4 member family. My wife and 2 daughters they love this car. The car is not noisy and moves very smoothly. The interior is great with leather finish. Has a rear camera, Bluetooth. Have cup holders on each doors, 2 in between the driver seat and passenger seat and on at the rear. It has smart key. Just leave your car key in your pocket and just place your hand on the door handle the door automatically unlocks. Awesome."

completes my driving experience

By on Thursday, March 05, 2015

Pros: "all the interior goodies"

Cons: "not the strongest but will take you a-z"

"This car is one of the best I have ever owned. Honest note...you cannot go wrong with a corolla with all the extras especially the eco. the mpg estimation is rated 30-42 but i get more if i just drive without a lead foot. I think this is one of the most practical cars out there..more than a prius witch is more expensive and would take many....many years to coup up the gas mileage compared to the corolla eco."

2014 Toyota Corolla LE Plus

By on Monday, September 16, 2013

"Bought an LE Plus, ride is very good only 350 miles on it. Very satisfied with quality and fit of the car. Many improvements over the 04 Corolla previously owned. More room in side also. Can't say enough about how reliable old Corolla was, imagine reliability for the 2014 model will be just as good. Plus, you get two years or 25,000 mi free maintenance including oil changes."

A great looking car, fun to drive, great quality

By on Sunday, March 22, 2015

Pros: "Price, quality, fun to drive, looks good"

Cons: "Have not found any yet"

"I purchased this car and I am impressed with the quality of materials, the look and pretty much everything about it. I wasn't sure what I wasn't sure what to think since I have never owned a corolla or even a Toyota before but I am impressed. A lot of people who review this car online complain about the lack of horsepower however driving this compared to my previous car which was an Impala with a 3.5L V6 I feel this car gets up comparably in speed. Overall I would suggest buying this car if you are looking for affordability, reliability, an overall sexy looking car (as long as you go for the sport edition) and can't afford your dream car yet (like me). This car will do just fine until then."

This is just a fun little car!

By on Thursday, March 05, 2015

Pros: "A fun, nimble car"

Cons: "Exterior styling doesn't grab me, but it is OK"

"This is our first CVT so it took a litte time to get used to it. Campared to conventional transmissions it makes some funny sounds, espeially during hard acceleration from a stop. Now, though, I love it. It gives the engine more pep and on interstate driving there is no more waiting for downshifts...it just goes and the mileage is great. We think it is a great value per dollar spent."

Great car with luxury feel for under $20k

By on Saturday, December 07, 2013

Pros: "Price, Ride, interior space, MPG, luxury features"

Cons: "pay extra for floor mats."

"I own the LE Plus. The only options added are the sunroof, mats, and cargo net. While reviewers have noted ad infinitum that it isn't a "drivers car" it certainly has more than adequate power for any sane driver, and the handling and steering are quite solid - certainly no "floatiness". The ride is very quiet and bumps are handled very well; I have never driven a car with better suspension. The interior, as noted elsewhere is large for this class car. With other standard features like LED headlights, backup camera, auto-climate control, a very good radio (beg to differ with other reviewer) that picks up more stations than any radio I have ever experienced, and very clear intuitive controls this car to me is like a luxury car and I got it for well under $20K out the door. Gas mileage so far is averaging 36.5 MPG highway/city combined. Reliability (see consumer reports) is expected to be well above average."

Great Vehicle!

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, comfortable, great gas saver!"

Cons: "no power seats"

"I personally have an LE Corolla I wanted an S model but it was out of my price range. The LE drives wonderfully with a great gas millage. Featuring beautiful cloth seats with leather like material through the dashboard and steering wheel the inside of the car looks beautiful. The features the LE model comes with are basic power windows and doors keyless entry (which the L model doesn’t come with) also comes with a beautiful touchscreen display radio with the reverse camera feature. The sound of the speakers are perfect. You can connect your phone via Bluetooth and when your one a phone call hear and talk to the person through the car. The car even tells you the exact amount of miles you have left in your tank. Which I think is a great feature because you don’t have to guess how much you have when you’re low on gas. One downer for me is it doesn’t have power seats in this model which I think isn’t fair because it has all these wonderful features why wouldn’t they add something as simple as power seats. The space in the car is great it seats four people comfortably with wonderful leg room in the back seats. The vehicle drives really great. Every time I drive it I have no worries at all because I feel good it’s fun to drive and it makes you feel safe because people who know cars know Toyota is a great brand for a fairly priced reliable car. Compared to the other competitors in its class like: Honda Civic, Chevy Cruze, Ford Focus, and Hyundai Elantra the Corolla fits really well I would say it’s close to or been on top of that list due to the fact that the American cars listed on there aren’t as reliable as the foreign ones. Overall the entire vehicle is a great purchase for anyone looking for a reliable gas saving stylish car."