2014 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,709 - $16,373.

10/7.6

8.3

Based on 66 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Best first new car!

By on Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, all-around awesome"

Cons: "non standard sunroof, slightly elevated dashboard"

"I have owned a very old Mercedes for my very first car. Unfortunately, the cost to fix the engine was far more than the vehicle itself. With the constant browsing through the market of compact/subcompact cars, I was dead-set on getting the 2015 Honda Fit. However, my mother told me that the revamped 2015 Toyota Corolla suited my needs, due to its bigger space and longevity. Good thing I listened to her. I now own a 2015 Toyota Corolla S Plus model. The interior and exterior completely changed for the better in the 11th generation of Corollas. Great audio, bluetooth capability, USB port, etc. Just a user-friendly infotainment system. The outside looks very modern, resonating the presence of a Lexus, if you look at it closely. Many car enthusiasts and car reviewers will argue the weak power, not fun-to-drive environment of the Corolla. Put the car into sport mode and manual mode, now let's see who's wrong. The numbers on the paper may not seem so great, but the experience of this car passes beyond it's 20k value. The CVT creates a smooth ride as well. I highly recommend this car, especially the Sport trim levels for its fun-to-drive and engaging personality. Trust me on this. Even choosing the base trim level will still be a smart choice for the consumers because of the legendary reliability Toyota has. Test drive it yourself. You won't regret it."

I love this compact car.

By on Saturday, November 30, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, reliable, fuel efficient."

Cons: "Seats are quite firm for my taste."

"I owned a lot of Toyotas like Prius, Camrys, Avalons, Highlander, and Sequoia. This is my first small car from Toyota (I used to have Nissan Sentras, Mitsubishi Lancers, 2003 Accord coupe). So far, I love my new Corolla LE. It is quieter than the previous version Corolla and other car in its class that I rented (I usually rent cars for 3 days to compare them before buying one). Right now, I am getting 37 mpg combined. Interior is nice especially the dashboard, with easy to control radio and temperature. The available reverse camera is very helpful. Seats are comfortable, but quite hard for my taste though. Although the exterior may look aggressive or sporty especially with a standard LED headlights, but it is not a sports car. It is a modern compact car that focus more in reliability, comfort, and safety and fuel economy. Overall, this 2014 Corolla is a balance of economy of small car and comfort of bigger cars."

I love my Toy

By on Monday, February 10, 2014

"I was not sure about getting a vehicle with a CVT transmission so I leased it, just in case. After 4k miles I can say that I actually prefer the CVT transmission to a standard auto. The Navigation system is awesome. I had to change the map's perspective to show the direction I am going rather than North on top and West to the left, ect. I like seeing the intersection I am approaching coming from the top of the screen progressing downward. The “Voice Recognition” system could use some work. The LED head lights are the best! The sound system need no upgrades. Did i mention that the room inside is very surprising! I am 6'1” and I can have the seat where I want it and my 6'1” son can sit behind me without his knees bumping the seat. I like walking up to the car and having the inside light come on before I do anything and then unlocking when I touch the handle. Neat!"

I love my Toy

By on Monday, November 11, 2013

Pros: "Looks, Economy, Entertainment LED lights"

Cons: "I would love an 8 way adjustable electric seat."

"I purchased a 2014 Toyota Corolla S Plus with the Drivers Convenience package (Moon Roof, Navigation, APPS). I love this car. It rides nice, has the power I need, and is averaging 36 MPG in mixed driving. The instrumentation is well thought out and informative. The sound system is wonderful. I love the LED head lights. I love the keyless entry and start. I can't rate the reliability because I only have 1100 miles on it. The Bluetooth connectivity with my Samsung Galaxy II Syrocket seems to disconnect and connect again randomly so I gave the Comfort and Convenience a 9. It seems to work very reliably with my wifes Samsung Galaxy III but I have not tested it extensively."

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

Pros: "great price, brakes, good mpg, look"

Cons: "could uses a little more hp"

"I love the new look of this car! I have read a lot of reviews and consumer comments saying it looks bland but I am just not seeing it. I have always driven Toyotas and they always last well over 200k miles. However, I decided to buy a better looking ford focus last year(before corrollas redesign)and made a huge mistake. The trasmission jerked and made loud grinding sounds. I took it to the shop and they said that it needed a lot of work done because the parts were on backorder I would have to wait an additional 35 days. I was told because there were so many people experiencing same issue. I decided to trade it in and realized it had lost 50 percent of its value in 2 year. I traded it in for a very reliable Toyota. This car is not meant to be and does not pretend to be a 4 second car. I was able to get an s plus fully loaded for $16, 500 from a dealership. There is not a single car that could touch that with all t he options I got. I know this car will last forever and will more than likrly be given to one if my kids . This next car I get after this will be a caddy but until then I am extremely happy to own a tacoma and corrolla. I would haggle with your dealer on price!"