2012 Toyota Corolla

Based on 483 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

Highway turbulance

By on Sunday, August 10, 2008

"Bought the car in late May and noticed the first time I drove at highway speeds that the car will not hold a straight line and tends to drift randomly. I attributed this to downsizing from a truck to a small car for fuel economy. I recently drove the car on a 1,000 mile road trip and am very disappointed in how the car drifts and gets blown all over the road at highway speeds. My next trip to the dealer will have the alignment checked to see if that might be the cause. Other than the drift at speed the quality of the car is very good, highway mileage is around 35, very good AC, no fit and trim issues. I do wish I had opted for the "S" package for a bit sportier car."

aggravated

By on Saturday, August 02, 2008

"This car has numerous rattles and vibrations, seat belts on both sides in divider, display guage in dash has 2, 2 in right dash and 2 in back seat area. Car now has 2700 miles and still deleloping new rattles. Very disappointed in Toyota's interior quality. Hoping the motor and drivetrain are much better! This is my seventh new car (second Toyota) and this car rattles more than all the others combined."

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Best MPG south of a pure Hybrid car

By on Thursday, July 24, 2008

"Not far from mid-size dimensions, super comfy drive, amazing MPG (42+ MPG on highway, 30 in-city. Sure beats the heck out of Monroney sticker posted numbers!) Very decent power at get-go, low-speeds, and stop and go. At low speeds engine feels like V6 due to all that technology: intake/exchaust variable valve timing and all that (heh, do I hear Baby Lexus !!). I wish it had 5 speed tranny - it sure woulda posted a Hybrid matching/beating MPG numbers !! Coming from Avalon, only thing we miss: the power of V6, between 45-65 mph speeds when loaded with people/luggage. But this sure tops in MPG department. This almost matches Avalon in Quietness and smoothness. JBL system is a hoot! Wish we've gotten fancier wheels, rather than hub-caps, but we can always purchace after-market after factory tires wear-out. In our hood, and in extended family - we have over FOUR 2009 Corolla LE, XLE models, all of'em are getting closer to my posted mileage. I see some postings indicating drastically lesser MPG figures, afraid those are squatters or working for Corolla competetion. Their well-below MPG claims sound alarmingly disingenuous - or they must be driving in beach sand or something (for enthusiasts, Daytona beach among other beaches allows driving on the beach!) Peace now! Sam-E"

Good Choice

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2008

"I traded an 04 Corolla CE for the 09 Corolla LE. I've had this car for about three months and have put 1800 miles on it. The volume knob on the radio stopped working today for some reason. I took it to the dealership, and they ordered a new radio without hesitating. I'm getting 34.5 mpg with mixed city/highway driving. I like the driving position, the brightness of the headlights at night, and the trip computer. Suggested improvements include better quality interior fabric and move the clock to the center of the dash. Overall, I'm very satisfied with this car!"