2011 Toyota Corolla

Based on 530 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

Excellent commuter car

By on Wednesday, July 01, 2009

"My Corolla is a great commuter car over-all. It's quiet ride and over-all comfort and room is far better than any other small cars I've driven or ridden. It's also excellent family weekend car. It has the power when I need it and provides excellent miles for the gas. I average around 35 miles per gallon."

good car

By on Saturday, December 27, 2008

"We bought our corolla in July 08. Gas mileage is fantastic! Comfort in the front seats is good, but we are both taller and need to have the seats all the way back which means very little leg room in the backseat. My disabled mother can get in and out of the front seat easily. Some road noise on the drivers side. Trunk space is good. Overall we would buy again."

My first Brand new Car!

By on Wednesday, December 10, 2008

"09 Corolla base - automatic is my first Brand new car here in States. So quite, comfortable, spacious, and I like the features inside - I don't care much if it is not a power window...as long as it takes me to work and back home - to friends and everywhere. Saves a lot of gas - and I love everything else in it. I love it! I was not able to sleep when I had it on the first day - drove right away to freeway - Yahoooo =)"

Real good on gas

By on Monday, December 08, 2008

"I just got my 09' in june of this year...and i only put about 7500 miles on it so far...and this car is the first car that i have ever bought...its real good gas..its quiet..and comfortable...the sound system is awesome...i would definitly recommend buying a totoya to anyone i know."

09 Corolla XLE

By on Sunday, September 21, 2008

"Purchased in May 08. Rides like a more expensive car, surprisingly smooth. Engine has plenty of pep for the small 1.8 liter size. Sound system is very good with surprising bass. XM radio is cool. There have been no mechanical problems whatsoever. Got 34 mpg on the highway and get 20 in surburban L.I., where there is always heavy traffic, stop signs & traffic lights every 20 feet. This is my second Toyota and will not be my last."

2009 Corolla XRS

By on Thursday, June 05, 2008

"I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS CAR!! The XRS model is definitely worth the extra cash: it has a ton of safety features, around 160 HP, a sleek interior, and is very sporty looking. I am so glad that I got the XRS instead of the S model--the XRS is like driving a Camry, it is a very smooth ride and it has great acceleration, whereas the S model does not have the stability bar or as much power. I drove a Honda Civic for four years before switching to my Toyota, and there is no comparison, Toyota is better!"

Excellent commuter car

By on Thursday, June 05, 2008

"I traded in my 99 Camry (best car I've ever owned at the time). I didn't even have buyers remorse after buying this car, its everything I expected, great MPG, comfortable and quick when needed. Its not flashy or pretty but its nice to know that I'm not getting killed by gas prices and that I can get at least 7 years out of it."

Reliable, Gas Saver!

By on Friday, May 30, 2008

"I bought my 09 Corolla LE last March and its actually my 1st car. It's very reliable on my commute from home to work and school and most of all, it saves a lot of gas. Cons odd place for the clock and little bit low on horse power but just about right for everyday commute especially on going up hill. I love this car very much and I never had any problem so far."

Compact Gem

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2008

"If you are looking for a compact vehicle and dont want or cant afford the hybrid route, this is the car for you. Sticker says 35 for highway and I'm yet to get under 37.5 MPG. running between 65 to 70 MPH. Not a powerhouse but will run comfortably at 80 MPH if need be. Would prefer the headrest not tilt forward, but once I adjusted the seat further back, it hasn't been an issue. Still new to me but so far so good."

XRS

By on Friday, May 02, 2008

"I bought the Corolla XRS and love this car ... coming out of Camry's for the last 11 years I wanted something less boring to drive with great reliability and great resale value ... I paid $300 under invoice and got 2.9% for 60 months ... great deal ... get 31 mpg and not broken in yet ... wish it had better tires but they won't last long ... my wife loves it because it is really perky like a shot of B12 under the hood ... it's a baby Camry but actually more comfortable ... the other car is a Prius and we both like that as well..."

AWESOME!

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2008

"I bought my 09 "S" model as soon as it got to the dealer...they hadn't even run it through the shop to activate the electronics when I first sat in it. GREAT gas mileage, comfortable for a 6'1" 210lb guy in a 4 hour drive, and features are excellent!!! Barter with the dealer if you already have financing. I got mine for $120 over invoice (which I found before I went in to buy). Although not a race car...for a small 4 cylinder, it does very well and Handles tight like a sports car by hugging the road! I feel very safe inside with FULL surrounding air bags. 2 months old with 3K miles and my AVG MPG per tank hasn't been less than 34.7. HWY, I get 40mpg at 70mph and 45 at 60mph with cruise. You won't be disappointed! I'm 31y/o coming from a 2004 Chevy 2500HD Deisel."

I wanted to love this car! BUT too many re calls,

By on Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Pros: "cute, fun to drive"

Cons: "too many recalls, bad alternator, terrible service"

"I wanted to love my car, but at 3 years and 55k miles alternator went on a road trip to Delaware. Almost exactly another 3 years and at 83K miles alternator went again.. I purchased the extended 6 year 75K mile warranty and while I was on my road trip the service department at the purchasing dealership said that they had no record of my extended warranty, I was forced to buy parts at Pep Boys.. Toyota did reimburse me for that bill, HOWEVER they will not take any responsibility or even consider that the car may have a defect causing this problem again...And have refused to help me, only quoted me a non negotiable price of $1076.00 to install new alternator and battery."

good and dependable

By on Thursday, April 23, 2015

"good car"

Great Vehicle

By on Thursday, August 07, 2014

Pros: "Great handling, good pick-up"

Cons: "NA"

"Great automobile, my Wife drives this vehicle every day, excellent gas mileage, her round trip to and from work is about 90 miles a day, she loves the pick up, very stylish vehicle, maintenance is not expensive. Keep the regular scheduled maintenance and I know this Toyota will last a long time."

Corolla has never failed me!

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, comfortable and affordable"

Cons: "Noisy when driving on highway"

"This is my third Corolla. My first two lasted over 200,000 miles. I'm expecting this one to last as long. Looks great, runs great. Only thing I would change is it's a little noisy when driving on the highway."

great car mint condition

By on Saturday, February 22, 2014

Pros: "good car can not go wrong"

"Its s great car just thinking of buying a new one"

best vehicle ever

By on Sunday, February 02, 2014

"In five years I only had one item that needed fixed, the heater blower switch, and it was expensive. Other than that is a great car."

Comfort. Mileage. Complete package.

By on Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Pros: "Price & mileage. Zero % loan rate. Features."

Cons: "Option packaging not clear."

"Very comfortable and complete package. Mileage: 26-34 MPG advertised. I get 28-41 MPG"

cute car, Gas 32.7 per mile, Audio stinks

By on Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pros: "Gas milage"

Cons: "Audio and no back up camera"

"We've had the car less than a Month, our Local FM stations fade in and out. Dealer put new radio in and the same thing, so today they put a new Rear window in that has the Antenna and it's the same! Their explanation is that Local FM stations have not updated their signals. IF that is true, why had I not had any problems with my 2011 RAV 4, and friends that have Camry's don't have that problem? They suggested I use the USB with my own music! I miss my back up camera! Hard to rate completely, since we just got the car."

Not a bad car for around town.

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pros: "Looks nice, drives good and takes curves well."

Cons: "No comfort for long distance driving. NO ASHTRAYS"

"The car looks as good as it was new. Comfort from long distance driving is very hard on a persons back. Gas mileage (30 mpg) stinks for as small of a car that it is. I have owned others with much better mileage. It is a nice looking car, but it isn't all the Toyota Dealers lead on that it is."

love this car

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, traction control."

"I love this car I previous had honda civics, a jeep grand cherokee, a mazda 3, and a scion tc, this car is awesome! very reliable very low maintenance, I love it and would highly reccommend!"

gas and go

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "more fun to drive than old car"

"drive 80 miles each day 38 mpg summer 36 mpg winter no problems with reliability solid car for price. performance varry good for small 4 cly."

My wife and I really enjoy this car!

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

Pros: "Decent price, great gas mileage, good looking car."

Cons: "More front seat leg room to get in and out of car."

"This is our second Corolla we previously had a 2005 and it was a really nice car. I really like this Corolla with the Barcelona Red exterior color. The lines of the car are eye appealing and the interior is laid out nice except for the digital clock which is low on the dash in front of the shift lever (hard to take a quick look at it while driving). I am 5'10" tall and it is a little hard to get in and out of the front seats for me. Once I get in the car it is comfortable and fun to drive. Compared to the '05 Corolla the interior materials on the 2010 have more hard plastic panels instead of soft touch materials."

Problems at 50k

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

Pros: "Good gas mileage (I think), sporty look and feel"

Cons: "Many minor problems before 50k miles"

"I purchased a Corolla S because I have family and friends who own Corollas and they summarized the vehicle in two words: reliable and durable. The vehicle gets great gas mileage although the average gas mileage estimator feature stopped working correctly at approximately 50k miles. Actually that's when I experienced a multitude of problems with my Corolla S. I took it into the dealership one day for a squeaky clutch (I have the 5 speed manual 1.8liter) and following the diagnostic exam found out that not only did the ENTIRE clutch assembly need replaced, but there was a slight oil leak, the windshield fluid reservoir was cracked and leaking, and the rear brakes were not aligned properly. This in addition to my third brake light (LED) going out at 40k miles. Of course the clutch is a wear and tear item so it wasn't covered under warranty. I have been driving manual for 10 years and never had to replace a clutch assembly, especially not on a new car that is less than 2 years old. Other than all of that, the car ride is nice and smooth and the interior is comforting. It has been somewhat reliable and less than durable."

what i expected for a cheap compact

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "above average mileage, trouble free so far"

Cons: "fit and finish, not ergonomic"

"Above average mileage, no anomalies over 30k miles, relatively cheap to maintain. My nits: mileage drops dramatically at highway speeds at or above 70 mph. Quite a few rattles in the interior from low quality materials fit-and-finish. Accelerator and brake pedals are very close together making it easy to hit both simultaneously which is obviously bad for braking. Not very ergonomic interior, very difficult to find comfortable driving position."