2010 Toyota Corolla

Based on 513 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

Has been a very dependable vehicle

By on Monday, March 02, 2015

Pros: "It has been fun as I enjoy driving a manual trans"

Cons: "The car is a little small for long trips."

"This Corolla has been very dependable. I have not had any problems with it at all. I went with a 5 speed as previously I had a 2002 Rav4 which had computer problems that affected the transmission. So with a manual, I believe this eliminates the computer and transmission problem. The miles per gallon has been really satisfying especially if you can drive 60 mph or less. I have traveled to Chicago, about 180 miles, drove 60-65 mph and the estimated mpg was 43. It has the Sport package with lower front and rear bumpers which make it look very nice. It has a blue tooth option for the phone which makes it legal to talk and drive. A few drawbacks are the ride is like a small car because it is but it is not really terrible. The clock is in the sequence with the mpg est, range for fuel, engine run time, o/s temp, so you have to scroll through all these to just get to the time and only the driver can see it. Over all it has been a great car. Gas tank is only 12 gals so it does not break the bank when you fill up and range is almost always close to 400 miles per tank unless you only drive around town in the winter. RPMs are at about 3000 at 70 mph. This might be a little higher than the automatic. I assume this is so the engine will have enough power if driving on interstates in the mountains. Going up the hills an automatic will shift down a gear if needed but a manual will need enough power to go up the hill without shifting if the driver does not downshift. But I have never experienced any problems with this car when driving in mountains. It seems to be geared very well for the 4 cylinder that comes in a Corolla."

one owner one driver

By on Friday, February 27, 2015

Pros: "great car"

Cons: "everything you'll ever need in a car"

"serviced for oil change tire rotation and check up twice a year from the dealer purchased from, Dealer installed remote start and undercoating."

Solid, practical & economical car

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Reason: Traded for newer version

Pros: "Cheap to own & operate. Practical, & reliable"

Cons: "Possible finish issues, stereo glitches"

"I did nothing but change the oil and rotate the tires in the 60K miles I owned this car. It delivered good gas mileage (hand calculated)even if the computer was a little optimistic. Mid 30's were normal on road trips with the car dipping down to 30 or so in town. I once got 41mpg on a 200 mile run on the Natchez Trace Parkway between Tupelo & Nashville. (no stopping, steady 50mph, no wind, no air conditioning) The car did have two little problems. When the car was brand new I could see rust forming behind the chrome plastic trim on the trunk. I assume one of the clips that hold the trim had not been properly coated. After two salty Ohio winters this caused rust to form UNDER the paint in the area. any rust in two years is unacceptable. The stereo started acting wonky. the funny thing is it seems like the simplest part. From time to time I would hear a loud buzzing while listening to FM. Sometimes the radio would cut off after the buzzing and would not recover until I turned off the car. The car did get lots of paint chips in 60K, but I am sure it is mostly due to the water based paint. The car had great resale value (perfectly in line with KBB) and I was not upside down even with 60K miles. I did not put down a down payment because I qualified for 0% I would have kept this car, but the incentives for the newer version were just to great to pass up & I am sure I was getting close to needing wear items like brakes & tires (yes, even the OE tires went for 60K)"

After three hondas, I hope to go back to a honda

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

"This car has been reliable for the most part. I hated the very tight steering. Having it aligned helped however. Ok now. Complaints--Cruse button had to be replaced. Water pump went out at about 65000. Later learned that this model had a recall for water pump. Overall--a very good reliable. It does not match up to a honda civic in my estimation after owning three of them and switching to the corola."

Nice vehicle for single person, not for a family.

By on Monday, February 23, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, good gas mileage."

Cons: "Size inside, not many bells and whistles."

"I like the Corolla. I am a single senior citizen and have never liked small vehicles. I consider this vehicle one of the best small sedans. It is built to be a safe car and I love the gas mileage. I do not have it serviced at a toyota dealership any longer, I use a ford dealership. Toyota is too expensive for regular maintenance."