2010 Toyota Corolla

Based on 517 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

Decent vehicle

By on Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Pros: "great price, fun to drive"

Cons: "interior could use a little work in their material"

"It is a decent car, especially for someone who is starting out to drive. Its a fun car to drive! Exterior is good looking and I love the sporty look and the body kit in the front and the rear deck spoiler. All in all the car was a good buy just wish the inside had better materials such as the dash and seats. The interior looks a little cheap and plastic looking. But other than that comfortable to drive and a good size trunk."

"Petunia" is very dependable and trustworthy.

By on Saturday, March 28, 2015

Pros: "great price, reliable, no mechanical problems"

Cons: "plain interior, not much "zoom zoom""

"Hi! I own a 2009 Toyota Corolla LE. I purchased it in the summer of 2008, my first brand new car! I wanted something sportier, however I needed something affordable, reliable with good gas mileage, so I bought the Corolla. Nothing fancy here, however Petunia has treated me very well over the past 7 years, I have a long commute to work, so I have racked up many miles (180,000), I have never had a problem with my car's functions. I have been very diligent regarding maintenance of Petunia as well. I chose the light beige interior, which was the standard, it is not very attractive like the black interior, and it shows dirt and stains easily. There is really no "get up and go" with Petunia, she takes her time when the light turns green, this can be frustrating, but then again I knew she wasn't a particularly sporty car. She has reliably taken me from point A to point B for 7 years and I am very grateful for her! I am dreaming of purchasing a new vehicle soon, I have my eyes on the Hyundai Elantra, purely for the body design…who knows? :) No matter what, Petunia is a dear to me and has transported me faithfully through the ups and downs of my life over the past 7 years. All in all, I recommend this vehicle…after all, it is a Toyota! :)"

Overall great car-reliable and great gas mileage

By on Thursday, March 19, 2015

"I've owned this car since 2008 when it was brand new. A friend and my niece were Corolla owners and they raved about theirs. This is the most reliable, trouble free car I've ever owned. I have the bright blue color and at the time of purchase, there weren't many of that color on the road. That sure has changed. The seats are comfortable and because of the fold down back seats cargo room is generous. The only complaint is that the shape of the back doors prohibit putting items in the back seats that would fit in there otherwise. I will always go for a Toyota. Hopefully a Camry next time."

function vehicle for the money

By on Wednesday, March 11, 2015

"Very efficient and functional car just a little short on room for more the 2 persons"

Has been a very dependable vehicle

By on Monday, March 02, 2015

Pros: "It has been fun as I enjoy driving a manual trans"

Cons: "The car is a little small for long trips."

"This Corolla has been very dependable. I have not had any problems with it at all. I went with a 5 speed as previously I had a 2002 Rav4 which had computer problems that affected the transmission. So with a manual, I believe this eliminates the computer and transmission problem. The miles per gallon has been really satisfying especially if you can drive 60 mph or less. I have traveled to Chicago, about 180 miles, drove 60-65 mph and the estimated mpg was 43. It has the Sport package with lower front and rear bumpers which make it look very nice. It has a blue tooth option for the phone which makes it legal to talk and drive. A few drawbacks are the ride is like a small car because it is but it is not really terrible. The clock is in the sequence with the mpg est, range for fuel, engine run time, o/s temp, so you have to scroll through all these to just get to the time and only the driver can see it. Over all it has been a great car. Gas tank is only 12 gals so it does not break the bank when you fill up and range is almost always close to 400 miles per tank unless you only drive around town in the winter. RPMs are at about 3000 at 70 mph. This might be a little higher than the automatic. I assume this is so the engine will have enough power if driving on interstates in the mountains. Going up the hills an automatic will shift down a gear if needed but a manual will need enough power to go up the hill without shifting if the driver does not downshift. But I have never experienced any problems with this car when driving in mountains. It seems to be geared very well for the 4 cylinder that comes in a Corolla."