2009 Toyota Corolla

Based on 466 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

I love this car

By on Saturday, August 16, 2008

"This is the first New car I have bought. My last Japanese car was a 81 Datsun. Then I went American and had nothing but problems. Plus low trade in values. After driving this I will never go back to American cars. I have 1600 miles on it. So far I am getting 34 MPG in city driving and 41 MPG HWY (from gas station to Hwy only) Overall 36 MPG. It is fun to drive. I love the styling. The pickup though I have to get used to. It is a smaller engine than what I am used to. It takes more time to get up to speed. I looked at Honda Civics, but for the price difference and looks this is a better deal. I love the dual glove boxes. Plenty of storage. The trunk opening however is small. my cooler won't fit too tall. The clock should be on the stereo, but it is clustered with the temp, mpg etc. Teenagers can sit comfortably in the back without complaining about legroom. Smooth ride. Nice handling around corners. I have the LE with moon roof. I paid $18,465. options: power moon roof, cruise, key less remote, all-weather package. Well worth it. Very stylish inside. I would recommend this to anyone."

None better

By on Monday, August 11, 2008

"....KUDOS TOYOTA.!!....... I am totally ecstatic over this fantastic automobile...None better... I being a former 2008 Corolla S owner, noticed as soon as I drove this, newly redesigned 2009 , Corolla LE , the very big improvements in this car... in every aspect of the car...its handling, cushy luxurious ride, very quite and responsive motor, and Automatic Transmission..you could not ask for better performance.also the cabin under way with the windows closed was super quiet..If you did not know you were in a Corolla you would swear you were in a much more expensive luxury car...I have the Moonroof, option, in my LE, I love, now, how it slides so smoothly and effortlessly, either open or closed simply by the momentary touch and release of the button .. unlike the Moonroof my 2008 Corolla "S" had,.. you had to push and hold the button down all the way open and all the way closed....I love this one touch feature... of course the other feature, tilting the roof is really very nice, it ventilates the car, and even still the car remains , very quiet inside..even at freeway speeds..When I drove it home, on the freeway, yesterday, new, from the dealer I had the roof fully open and the car was still very quiet inside, so this in itself will tell you how very quiet riding this car really is... .The Corolla LE.. is in my estimation a Mini-Lexus....I think Toyota has really put a lot of effort into this, Civic .conqueror..I have owned both , Civics and Corollas, I find, every time... the Corolla to be the more refined of the two by far.. As I drive the roads I notice these two cars in particular, and I also find that I see more Corollas out there than Civics..with a large majority being Corolla "S" Models... I just want to say to anyone thinking of either car, please chose the Corolla....you will not be disappointed , actually speaking you will be very pleased with yourself..I am a Toyota Customer ... I do not work for Toyota....so this an assessment of the car, by a customer..I thought it important to mention that.."

nice car for the price

By on Sunday, August 10, 2008

"I bought this car when they first came out. I was really interested in getting some better gas mileage than my Toyota Tundra. I get 36 MPG on mixed driving that consists of mainly HWY driving. I am stoked on the mileage and the car overall. Toyota and Honda are the best! I like the interior and the seats. The trunk has good space and the material is acceptable. I also like the power of the engine when needed. I have an AT, and it seems to have enough pep...I am used to a V8... I am not too excited about the clock readout as other reviewers have indicated and I have noticed a rattle in the dashboard by the speedometer. Got to get that checked...but noticed that rattles are not covered in the warranty... Overall, this is a nice car for the price and I would recommend it to anyone."

Highway turbulance

By on Sunday, August 10, 2008

"Bought the car in late May and noticed the first time I drove at highway speeds that the car will not hold a straight line and tends to drift randomly. I attributed this to downsizing from a truck to a small car for fuel economy. I recently drove the car on a 1,000 mile road trip and am very disappointed in how the car drifts and gets blown all over the road at highway speeds. My next trip to the dealer will have the alignment checked to see if that might be the cause. Other than the drift at speed the quality of the car is very good, highway mileage is around 35, very good AC, no fit and trim issues. I do wish I had opted for the "S" package for a bit sportier car."

aggravated

By on Saturday, August 02, 2008

"This car has numerous rattles and vibrations, seat belts on both sides in divider, display guage in dash has 2, 2 in right dash and 2 in back seat area. Car now has 2700 miles and still deleloping new rattles. Very disappointed in Toyota's interior quality. Hoping the motor and drivetrain are much better! This is my seventh new car (second Toyota) and this car rattles more than all the others combined."