2009 Toyota Corolla

Based on 512 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

one owner one driver

By on Friday, February 27, 2015

Pros: "great car"

Cons: "everything you'll ever need in a car"

"serviced for oil change tire rotation and check up twice a year from the dealer purchased from, Dealer installed remote start and undercoating."

Solid, practical & economical car

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Reason: Traded for newer version

Pros: "Cheap to own & operate. Practical, & reliable"

Cons: "Possible finish issues, stereo glitches"

"I did nothing but change the oil and rotate the tires in the 60K miles I owned this car. It delivered good gas mileage (hand calculated)even if the computer was a little optimistic. Mid 30's were normal on road trips with the car dipping down to 30 or so in town. I once got 41mpg on a 200 mile run on the Natchez Trace Parkway between Tupelo & Nashville. (no stopping, steady 50mph, no wind, no air conditioning) The car did have two little problems. When the car was brand new I could see rust forming behind the chrome plastic trim on the trunk. I assume one of the clips that hold the trim had not been properly coated. After two salty Ohio winters this caused rust to form UNDER the paint in the area. any rust in two years is unacceptable. The stereo started acting wonky. the funny thing is it seems like the simplest part. From time to time I would hear a loud buzzing while listening to FM. Sometimes the radio would cut off after the buzzing and would not recover until I turned off the car. The car did get lots of paint chips in 60K, but I am sure it is mostly due to the water based paint. The car had great resale value (perfectly in line with KBB) and I was not upside down even with 60K miles. I did not put down a down payment because I qualified for 0% I would have kept this car, but the incentives for the newer version were just to great to pass up & I am sure I was getting close to needing wear items like brakes & tires (yes, even the OE tires went for 60K)"

After three hondas, I hope to go back to a honda

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

"This car has been reliable for the most part. I hated the very tight steering. Having it aligned helped however. Ok now. Complaints--Cruse button had to be replaced. Water pump went out at about 65000. Later learned that this model had a recall for water pump. Overall--a very good reliable. It does not match up to a honda civic in my estimation after owning three of them and switching to the corola."

Nice vehicle for single person, not for a family.

By on Monday, February 23, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, good gas mileage."

Cons: "Size inside, not many bells and whistles."

"I like the Corolla. I am a single senior citizen and have never liked small vehicles. I consider this vehicle one of the best small sedans. It is built to be a safe car and I love the gas mileage. I do not have it serviced at a toyota dealership any longer, I use a ford dealership. Toyota is too expensive for regular maintenance."

great commuter and travel car

By on Sunday, February 22, 2015

"35-40 mpg, handles great in traffic but a little noisy at highway speeds, only preventive maintenance required, over all an excellent value"