2008 Toyota Corolla

Based on 1391 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

I will miss it@

By on Sunday, May 4, 2014

Pros: "MY BLUE "LILO" HAWAIIAN WITH BLUE HAWAIIAN RUGS"

Here's a idea of iys condition

"this IS A 2007 WITH LOW MILEGE. 49,000.Drives WELL 1 YEAR OLD LIFE TIME WARRANTY TIRES. just SOMOGGED AND ROTATE TIRES. Brand NEW BRAKES very CLEAN a FEW STRACTCHES. GREAT GAS MILAGE. Has 2 power interior outlet for GPS or cell phone charger. Big trunk. Power key lock with activated beep."

Here's a idea of iys condition

My 2nd Corolla/not suited for rear-facing carseats

By on Monday, July 1, 2013

Pros: "generally reliable"

Cons: "pricey, backseat cramped"

"My first corolla I purchased brand new (2003); basically loved it enough. Traded it in after 8 years. Bought another corolla (2006) because we needed to reduce MPG and wanted a quality car. This 2006 has aluminum rims which I'd stay away from if you are in MN; have had nothing but issues with tires, alignment and overall an unpleasant ride. Absolutely nothing about the interior changed from 2003 to 2006. Doesn't look like much inside has changed even with 2013's. I wish corolla was a cool inside as a VW or Nissan. I do like the simplicity of all the dials and stuff; but think it's maybe too simple. Also - if you have kids; getting a child car seat to properly fit is very very very difficult. (rear facing) If you are a taller person you can forget about having a car seat fit at all rear-facing. I'm 5'3" and have to drive closer to the steering wheel!!!"

NOISY BELT!!!

By on Monday, February 1, 2010

"Think wisely before buying one (the quality is not what you really expected). Belt is really noisy and complained it to Toyota with no solution of what so ever. It looks like Toyota don't see it as a major issue, so no action is needed. But in reality, it's really annoying as I encountered a lot of Corolla's on the road with same issues/problems!!!"

Did I Get A Lemon?

By on Wednesday, May 7, 2008

"My first Toyota was a 2000 Corolla, it was used. I got it with 28,000 miles. I wanted a lower mileage car but needed to get out of my Hyundai Elantra (if you buy one of those be prepared to trade it no later than 48,000 miles later). My Corolla was great, but when it had 77,000 miles on it. I would have kept it till it ran no more, but financially things were tight. When it was time to be inspected they told me I needed tires, I bought 4 new ones. After they installed them they told me I needed brakes or it would not pass inspection. I said okay, new brakes. Once the brakes were in, I was told it needs Hubs ($600). That was it, I decided I would trade it because if you're putting more than $1,000 in a car with no warranty, you need to re-think that. I got the 2006 Corolla with 16,000 miles on it. It seemed fine; but the Computer Module was defective about a month after I got it. They fixed it. I took it in recently for it's 30,000 mile servicing and they changed the transmission fluid, oil and anti-freeze. They did not tell me (just put it on my copy of the paperwork) that the transmission fluid was black (meaning burned all the way), and anti-freeze was also totally spent (brown). They also did not ask me if I wanted the transmission fluid flush service or just the drain and fill. They just did the drain and fill which according to others leaves 30-40% sludge in it. The car started driving badly, not shifting smoothly, I don't understand how the fluid could have been black when I have had the oil changed per manufacturer's specs since I got the car, by Toytota. I am wondering if I got a Lemon. I did get the Platinum extended warranty (100,000 miles) so they'd probably have to fix it, but I am concerned because I haven't even found any service bulletins for this type of problem. It makes a sound which I found listed in one of the bulletins called a "whistle/hoot", but they say that is not anything major. I've even joked and said I don't have horsepower, I must have dog power under there and he's howlin'. If anybody else has transmission trouble, please speak up."

Great Vehicle

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"This vehicle is great it really lives up to the Toyota name. We have thoroughly enjoyed owning the car as well as driving it. The only problem we really have is that the vehicles window is not properly attached and there is an opening so when we go traveling more than 70 mph the windshield starts to whisle."