2008 Toyota Corolla

Based on 1317 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Best small car ever! Simple, economical, reliable

By on Friday, January 30, 2015

Pros: "Great value, great gas mileage, fun to drive"

Cons: "small if you have tall kids!"

"We have owned this car for 11 years, there is very minimal rust and I live in NY where the snow flies! (one rust spot by rear tire) This has been an amazing car that we bought when gas prices increased, have NEVER regretted our purchase. We paid 17k for it and got EVERY penny out of it and more. We are so bummed out that it was severely damaged in an accident, but really feel that it saved our son from serious injury when he went off the road due to ice. This year (2004) was built solid, the only issue we ever had was replacing the gas sleeve where you put gas in the car. We maintain our cars very well, oil changes, tires, brakes. Thats about all we paid for in 11 years. I think the newer Corollas are still built well.... If I ever see an older Corolla for sale and if I could figure out if it was maintained properly, I would buy it in a heartbeat. EXCELLENT car. Our mechanic said we had another 75k left on the engine. What a bummer that its going to the parts graveyard!"

Excellent, dependable car. Best car I have had!

By on Thursday, January 29, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable to drive and very dependable."

Cons: "Wish front driver's seat went back further."

"This car has always been dependable, which is most important to me. It has maintained its 30 mpg for gas. I have taken good care of it and it has taken good care of me."

It is a very reliable, fuel economy and depandable

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

Pros: "Very reasonably priced car."

Cons: "Has outside temp. readout."

"Well kept Toyota Carolla with very low mileage car. Good ride for the small car, very fuel efficient. Have all 4 new micheline tires. The interior is clothes and in good condition. A non smoker car with lots of life left over."

Perfect blend of power and economy

By on Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Pros: "Reliability and economy"

Cons: "slightly difficult getting steering wheel comfort"

"Bought a 2006 Corolla in 2011 with 43,500 miles and paid a bit too much but no regrets. As in title, it's the perfect blend of power and economy. Not pin-you-back-in-the-seat kind of power, but 130HP in a 2200lb car and VVTi it's plenty peppy and gets 40mpg. One time on a long stretch with a nice tail-wind I got 44mpg, rivaling a hybrid. As for reliability it has no peers, I have never had a problem in the 30k+ miles I have put on it, spent not one dime on repairs, only regular maintenance costs. It starts first time every time with minimal cranking, even when it was 6°F one day. I did buy a set of Goodyear Eagle tires because the tires the Dealer put on it were junk, and a battery to replace the original factory one. I use Mobil1 and can go 5,000 miles and have to add half a quart. Never a drop of oil on driveway. Change at 8000. Shifts smooth, roomy inside. Handles reasonably well in snow. Hands down best 4-door sedan in it's class."

How much is the Blue Book value for this car?

By on Monday, January 19, 2015

Pros: "How muchis this car worth????"

Cons: "How much is the Blue Book Value for this standard"

"How much is this standard shift 2003 Corolla worth?"

Student Ideal

By on Saturday, January 17, 2015

Pros: "great price, gas mileage, dependable, easy drive"

Cons: "no auto windows/locks"

"This car has been amazing for me. It's got great gas mileage (I typically get 35-38 winter and summer!) and has been incredibly reliable. I drive on average 2 hours a day so having a good car is a must for me and this little corolla certainly fits the bill! This car is perfect for young students or folks who are looking for a fuel efficient dependable car. The only thing that I have trouble with is the locks and windows as those aren't automatic. It performs well in bad weather (snow storms and thunderstorms alike) and the a/c unit heats up really fast. Overall the best car I have ever owned!"

Hated to loose

By on Thursday, January 08, 2015

Pros: "Great value and performanc"

"I owned this car for 11 years and gave it to my 19 yr old son. I now have a 2014 Elantra but i know it will never hold to my Corolla. I wish i was still driving my Corolla knowing my son is never going to care for it like I did. I never had to do any major work to this car and neither has he so far. No trans or engine work other than maintiance."

Great gas mileage, perfect commuter car

By on Monday, January 05, 2015

Pros: "Easy on gas, roomy inside"

Cons: "no cruise control on my model"

"I bought this car used from a Toyota dealership for the sole purpose of saving gas and money. I have put about 60,000 miles on it in almost 5 years. Now, my stepson is looking for a small commuter car that still works as a family car and is interested in buying it. I get between 30-33mpg and with about an 11 gallon tank, fill ups are painless. This car has definitely been worth every penny I paid for it."

LOVE this car, would keep forever

By on Saturday, January 03, 2015

Pros: "great value and very reliable"

Cons: "bit noisy, especially on highway"

"Bought this car new and it has always been dependable, fun to drive, great mpg and an excellent value. I hope it goes another 100K! Done nothing but routine maintenance."

Easier Car to work on and Best all around Car

By on Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Pros: "Exceptional value, Ease of working on engine."

Cons: "Drives very smooth, but can hear slight road noise"

Best Looking Corolla Ever

"The 2003-2008 Toyota Corolla is one of the best all around cars for the price in the world today. Easy handling, plenty of room and trunk space. The over all engine space and ability to work on the car and/or find replacement parts yourself are the easiest and most convenient of any car I have ever owned or had past experience with. Gas mileage is good in town and excellent on the highway. In town with heavy pedal driving it gets never under 25mpg up to 40 mpg on the highway at cruise control usage from personal experience in the 2004 Toyota Corolla. Resale value is top rated for these cars and they pay for themselves in the first 7-10 years after that you are making money on them."

Best Looking Corolla Ever