2007 Toyota Corolla

Based on 1282 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

My Dad's Little Tank

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "Almost everything"

Cons: "I can't afford one. :P"

"My parents bought this car new in 2003, and so far we've racked up nearly 120,000 miles on it. We've had a lot of memories with this car (well, more with our minivan, but I digress...); and now I'm driving it, too! Let's speed this thing up, shall we? Pros: The whole darned thing. It's small yet larger than its competitors. It's one of the most fuel-efficient cars on the road (back in 2003 at least). It's comfortable enough to seat two average-height adults in the rear but it can squeeze three kids on the bench as long as they don't complain. Sure, the design isn't flashy at all, but this is an economical compact car, the benchmark of its class, too. At least the shape of the rear section reminds me of that of the '03 BMW 3-series. The engine is reliable. No problems whatsoever, except a "check engine light" has been on for years and it's referring to a useless part that breaks every year. We stopped replacing it, what, five years ago? There are also loads of storage areas, there's even a compartment on the center console. Did I mention the trunk space? It's not a two-body trunk but it's a strong 1.75. :P Cons: As I said, the design isn't flashy. We don't have the heated seats, so there are plastic covers where those buttons would be (above the coin compartment) that don't even match. Inez's a normal cover while the other is some strange shape resembling something on a coin machine. Perhaps they just ran out of covers, but I saw a similar thing on a base model 2014 version as well....hmm.... Another thing is the AC, whose compressor (which costs a quarter of the car's current value) has been broken for over three years now. Other than these petty grievances, there's not much wrong with this car at all. I noticed a tiny (~.5 inch or so) rust spot on the A-pillar, but that's just a lesson for us to wax the cars more often than never. These Corollas are legendary for their fuel economy, dependability, and value. (Our car's worth about five grand, more than a third than what we originally paid. Take that, Dodge neon, Ford Focus, Chevy Cavalier, etc. :P) Drive It and Forget It was the Tercel's slogan. It's just as appropriate for the Corolla, in my opinion."

The best car I've ever had!

By on Saturday, August 23, 2014

Pros: "reliable, interior holds up well"

Cons: "Too small to fit more than 2-3 ppl on daily basis"

"This car is the best car I've ever owned. It is the perfect size for a single person. It gets great gas mileage and it is reliable. I plan on keeping mine past 200,000 miles and I know it will still run perfectly once it gets there. Whenever I do decide to sell this car I'm sure that it would be to get another Toyota. My father own a auto-repair shop and has been working on cars for over 40 years. He only owns Toyotas because he knows how great and reliable they are."

the worst car ever

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

Pros: "none"

Cons: "not been able to have fun in this car"

"I have had this car for 3yrs and it isn't reliable. the engine lite goes on then it goes into limp mode. the ECM was recalled in that model yr and this car has had 2 replaced in that car with another one at anytime. they cost 648.00 a piece and I have only put 12000 miles on it"

Excellent commute car, with many long distance

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Pros: "everything works as I need it to!"

Cons: "tire change hard, seizes to hub, hammer & wrench"

"Ten years of New England driving, with minimum repair and replacement issues. Usually a commute car, but also handles passengers in comfort. Great for long distance...mileage averages 42-44 mpg. Spacious. Few "blind spots". Have had it serviced regularly and expect many more driving miles from this car."

Great reliable car

By on Sunday, August 10, 2014

Pros: "reliable, and Awesome on milage"

Cons: "seat adjustment in connection with steering wheel"

"I bought my 04 corolla in December of 04. I took me through huge snow storms, torrential downpours, high winds, extreme heat and everything in between. This was the longest I have ever owned a car and it never let me down."