2007 Toyota Corolla

Based on 1282 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

My Dad's Little Tank

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "Almost everything"

Cons: "I can't afford one. :P"

"My parents bought this car new in 2003, and so far we've racked up nearly 120,000 miles on it. We've had a lot of memories with this car (well, more with our minivan, but I digress...); and now I'm driving it, too! Let's speed this thing up, shall we? Pros: The whole darned thing. It's small yet larger than its competitors. It's one of the most fuel-efficient cars on the road (back in 2003 at least). It's comfortable enough to seat two average-height adults in the rear but it can squeeze three kids on the bench as long as they don't complain. Sure, the design isn't flashy at all, but this is an economical compact car, the benchmark of its class, too. At least the shape of the rear section reminds me of that of the '03 BMW 3-series. The engine is reliable. No problems whatsoever, except a "check engine light" has been on for years and it's referring to a useless part that breaks every year. We stopped replacing it, what, five years ago? There are also loads of storage areas, there's even a compartment on the center console. Did I mention the trunk space? It's not a two-body trunk but it's a strong 1.75. :P Cons: As I said, the design isn't flashy. We don't have the heated seats, so there are plastic covers where those buttons would be (above the coin compartment) that don't even match. Inez's a normal cover while the other is some strange shape resembling something on a coin machine. Perhaps they just ran out of covers, but I saw a similar thing on a base model 2014 version as well....hmm.... Another thing is the AC, whose compressor (which costs a quarter of the car's current value) has been broken for over three years now. Other than these petty grievances, there's not much wrong with this car at all. I noticed a tiny (~.5 inch or so) rust spot on the A-pillar, but that's just a lesson for us to wax the cars more often than never. These Corollas are legendary for their fuel economy, dependability, and value. (Our car's worth about five grand, more than a third than what we originally paid. Take that, Dodge neon, Ford Focus, Chevy Cavalier, etc. :P) Drive It and Forget It was the Tercel's slogan. It's just as appropriate for the Corolla, in my opinion."

The best car I've ever had!

By on Saturday, August 23, 2014

Pros: "reliable, interior holds up well"

Cons: "Too small to fit more than 2-3 ppl on daily basis"

"This car is the best car I've ever owned. It is the perfect size for a single person. It gets great gas mileage and it is reliable. I plan on keeping mine past 200,000 miles and I know it will still run perfectly once it gets there. Whenever I do decide to sell this car I'm sure that it would be to get another Toyota. My father own a auto-repair shop and has been working on cars for over 40 years. He only owns Toyotas because he knows how great and reliable they are."

the worst car ever

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

Pros: "none"

Cons: "not been able to have fun in this car"

"I have had this car for 3yrs and it isn't reliable. the engine lite goes on then it goes into limp mode. the ECM was recalled in that model yr and this car has had 2 replaced in that car with another one at anytime. they cost 648.00 a piece and I have only put 12000 miles on it"

Excellent commute car, with many long distance

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Pros: "everything works as I need it to!"

Cons: "tire change hard, seizes to hub, hammer & wrench"

"Ten years of New England driving, with minimum repair and replacement issues. Usually a commute car, but also handles passengers in comfort. Great for long distance...mileage averages 42-44 mpg. Spacious. Few "blind spots". Have had it serviced regularly and expect many more driving miles from this car."

Great reliable car

By on Sunday, August 10, 2014

Pros: "reliable, and Awesome on milage"

Cons: "seat adjustment in connection with steering wheel"

"I bought my 04 corolla in December of 04. I took me through huge snow storms, torrential downpours, high winds, extreme heat and everything in between. This was the longest I have ever owned a car and it never let me down."

Great car buy tires, change oil.

By on Sunday, August 10, 2014

"This is our 3rd Toyota. And we'll never buy anything else"

outstanding Baragin

By on Friday, August 08, 2014

Pros: "Great price & performance overall"

Cons: "Stock CD player broke twice-cheap - too cheap."

"Foot pedals spaced too closely and turning radius too rapid."

Good daily driver

By on Thursday, August 07, 2014

Pros: "Economy, reliabiality"

Cons: "No trunk open on remote fob"

"Not a flashy, sporty car but I have put 68,000 on mine and have had to nothing but regular maintenance. Not one single thing has gone wrong. When it's 10 degrees or 90 I know it will start in a couple seconds, each and every time. More room that it looks like from outside. Holds re-sale value very well. Decent acceleration, everything that can be expected from a 1.8 and gets very near 40mpg."

Been a fantastic car 11 years and going.

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, turning, parking, price"

Cons: "seats, front leg room"

"I owned this car from purchase in 2003. I replaced the O2 sensor twice, my biggest gripe about the car. My rating is based upon the price range compared to similar autos. I do not give lower numbers because it was a cheaper car. It has run fantastic for years. I still get 40 mpg and I have lost a little power in the engine. I go through a little oil, but it does not drip or blow oil out the exhaust. It can have a little better seat quality to it since I have had numerous back surgeries. This car has been fantastic and I might fix the oil issue in the old engine, then give it to my Niece for She wants it now. I would rate this for any one that wants great gas mileage for themselves or a family member."

Great car for the money!

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Pros: "Mileage, cost of ownership"

Cons: "Fit and finish, built for shorter people"

"I bought this car new in July of 2004. I now have 111,000 miles on it and have put no money into it except for normal wear items. (i.e. tires, battery, lights, brakes) I've changed the oil faithfully, always using Mobil 1 synthetic and inside the valve cover looks like the day I bought it. These are very dependable cars with a little maintenance and I would buy another one in a heartbeat. Except that I'm looking for 250,000 miles out of this one."

Steady and reliable car.

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

"Steady driving and reliable car. Good value for this class of car size."

Reliable, fun to drive, easy on gas, find parking

By on Sunday, July 27, 2014

"Reliable, fun to drive, v-good gas mileage highway 30's city 20's. Decent trunksize, Easy to find parking. Needed normal service, oil every 3000 miles, battery every 4 years,tires wear well on second set. The Heavy repairs needed, were; 2013 new Radiator, 2014 tie Rod ends, 2013 fuel pump. Transmission differential on the way out. Interior parts cheap, Vanity Mirror, panel doors broke, pull out plastic drink tray broken . Body very thin replaced both front fenders, young teenagers (bent two separate occasions) playing football and crashed into fenders. Light car, feel the bumps when your the passenger, thin glass , heavy rain seems like the windows are all open. Bit noisy on highway, not nearly as comfortable as my Honda Accord. White Paint exposed to the Sun did not hold up well. I didn't really wax all that much neither. I was planning to give exterior touch up I wanted to keep Corolla , but undecided to fix or replace. Because it needs transmission work., I was quoted $1400-$1700 from very reliable tech."

Best car ever -- Corollas are best

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "Great price, reliability, handles well"

Cons: "Pretty basic but fun"

"I have owned 2 Corollas -- a 1994 and a 2008 and have always felt safe never worrying about breaking down. Reliable, basic, great ride. Next car will be a Corolla or Camry."

Best car I have ever owned

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pros: "Reliabilty, gas mileage, resale value"

Cons: "lack of power, awkward driving position."

Freshly cleaned.

"I bought my Corolla in March of 2009 and have had excellent luck with it over these last 5 years. It has required only basic maintenance since purchase. I have found it to be a very pleasant, sometimes boring car. I can always count on it and never have to think about it or what could go wrong next on it. The driving experience is a bit dull, this is not a car for a sports car fanatic, handling is bland, but it excels in it's ability to get you to and from your destination without issue. The gas mileage is on par with other small cars, with my lead foot I average around 25mpg around town and I get about 34 on the highway consistently. This car is good on long trips, I have taken it back and forth from Florida to Ohio several times since I have owned it and found it relatively comfortable for a small car, only getting the normal fatigue of being in a car for several hours. I do have a few complaints about the car. The steering wheel placement is kind of odd and feels a bit like driving a bus which can take a toll after driving for several hours on a trip. The car could have also benefited from more gears in the automatic and a bit more power. It's not bad around town or on a flat stretch of highway, but if you ever take this car through the state of West Virginia for example, as I have, get in the slow lane and prepare to be passed by semis, it's a dog in the hills. Other than that, the Corolla has been the absolute best car that I have ever owned. The quality of it's parts and their ability to hold up so well over the years is reason enough to buy one. 6 years later, the interior still looks good, although mine can use to be detailed. The dash isn't cracked, the headliner isn't sagging, it still looks nice. All of the power equipment still works great and has not yet needed to be replaced. Overall, I would recommend the Corolla to anyone, it's durable, holds it's value well and when properly cared for can still look good several years down the line. It is an appliance on wheels and I mean that in the best way possible."

Freshly cleaned.

Decent power, with decent gas mileage. sporty feel

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pros: "Car looks great, is very reliable, Toyota quality!"

Cons: "Paint's clear coat sucks, needs to be addressed"

"A good all-around, easy driving car, that gives just a hint of sportiness, all from a car that can give 30+mpg all-around driving performance. Agile and reliable."

One of the most reliable cars I've owned,

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "great value."

Cons: "It 's not american."

"I drove this car new exclusively for work. Outstanding record of reliability. Wife now drives and says she loves driving it. One of my best purchases."

Ideal compact car

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pros: "price, comfort, gas mileage, zippy, fun"

Cons: "steering wheel is a little awkwardly located"

"i had not owned a Toyota before, so tried it out when test driving cars. This Corolla had ZIP right from the first tap on the accelerator. I knew it was "the one" before leaving the parking lot on the test drive, and now, 10 years later, it still is. No trouble at all. I like the way it drives better than the 2013 i drove while i was having a scratch repaired. The new one felt like the computer was driving it, but the 2004 feels like I am the driver. i do not have a negative word about this car."

Awesome car

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "Super car"

"This car is low maintenance and fun to drive. Because it is a manual 5 speed it gets 37 mpg and I've gotten as high as 42 mpg on the highway. Great commuter car."

it's never left me stranded

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Pros: "decent economy car"

Cons: "regular emissions repairs needed"

"Decent mileage, esp. on highway. Emissions system on this make/model is a lemon."

Enjoyed driving. fast pickup. economic.

By on Monday, June 30, 2014

Pros: "great price. loads of fun to drive"

Cons: "has cup holders in rear and also in front"

"Bought new. Daughter used car. Daughter passed away and I let others drive car. Grandson was driving until timing chain broke. Had repaired. Had motor overhauled (supposedly) paid mechanic 1500 to overhaul, but evidently he only patched up. Will start, but have to keep foot on gas at all times. On fixed income, so I cannot afford to have any work done on it at this time."

Good Reliable Car

By on Sunday, June 22, 2014

Pros: "Reliable."

Cons: "Paint job could have been better."

"I bought this car new in 2007 and have basically had no issues at all with it. The original brakes lasted too long actually so that they had trouble removing them at around 100,000 miles (I'm easy on the car). Not happy with the squeaky replacements though. The car has always started for me, the air has always worked, the radio worked. Mileage has been good. Seats are pretty comfortable and the ride isn't bad for being such a small vehicle. Only problem I had was if I turned the ignition off and moved the steering wheel at the same time, I would have trouble restarting it, so make sure your hands are off the steering wheel when you turn it off. Still, it only took a little pulling on the wheel to get the ignition to turn. Paint job could have been better I think."

Energetic, reliable, low mileage Toyota Corolla

By on Saturday, June 14, 2014

Pros: "Low milelage, clean, good fuel economy, good price"

Cons: "dings in the door, missing 1 hubcap,"

"This car was driven to and from work. About 20 miles each way. It is gently used. It still has plenty of zip. It's been kept uo to date on maintenance. It has newish tires. We lost a hubcap (who hasn't this winter?) Sooo who wants a great car? Come and get it fast. It won't be around long!"

Hard to beat the Toyota Corolla

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, Gas Mileage"

Cons: "Road Noise, Comfort"

"This has been the best car I have ever owned in terms of reliability and gas mileage. This would make a perfect 1st car for that high school student and it is a fantastic commuter car. 280,000 miles and still going strong."

Dependable & good gas mileage.

By on Sunday, June 01, 2014

Pros: "dependable, feul efficient"

Cons: "no power door locks & windows; no remote entry."

"Dependable & good gas mileage. 11 years old & very good smog test scores."

I have loved this car!

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Pros: "She has been a reliable, comfortable and fun car."

Cons: "Paint is beginning to oxidize"

"I bought this car when it was 4 years old, and have now had it for 6 years. I have put many miles on it; it now has 186,000, and have had zero problems with it. All I have done to it mechanically is change the oil every 5-6 thousand miles. No complaints except the paint has begun to oxidize."