2006 Toyota Corolla

Based on 1391 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

no worries car

By on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pros: "mileage, reliability, mechanical soundness,comfort"

Cons: "missed having electric doors and windows...."

"great mileage- no mechanical breaks- strictly maintenance for 245K miles - never stranded me- what other car can say all of that? Would buy another just like it but this one is still going strong. computer reset had a minor glitch."

Good Reliable Car

By on Sunday, June 22, 2014

Pros: "Reliable."

Cons: "Paint job could have been better."

"I bought this car new in 2007 and have basically had no issues at all with it. The original brakes lasted too long actually so that they had trouble removing them at around 100,000 miles (I'm easy on the car). Not happy with the squeaky replacements though. The car has always started for me, the air has always worked, the radio worked. Mileage has been good. Seats are pretty comfortable and the ride isn't bad for being such a small vehicle. Only problem I had was if I turned the ignition off and moved the steering wheel at the same time, I would have trouble restarting it, so make sure your hands are off the steering wheel when you turn it off. Still, it only took a little pulling on the wheel to get the ignition to turn. Paint job could have been better I think."

Most reliable car ever

By on Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Pros: "cost effective, reliable and comfortable"

Cons: "road noise, lacks the amenities of newer cars"

"I bought this car new in November 2003. I now have 140,000 miles and have never had a true repair, simply general maintenance and upkeep. The seats are still much more comfortable than my husbands 2015 Highlander! There is lots of room for family and cargo also. If you want reliable transportation that is super cost effective, this is the car."

I love my car!

By on Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Pros: "great gas mileage, comfortable, reliable"

Cons: "rust on hood, headlights are clouded"

"I bought this car five years ago and have spent a minimal amount on service. The car has over 200,000 miles and yet runs great! My only problems were the airbag recall, which was very inconvenient for a year and the paint job that has resulted in several rust spots on the hood, as well as some rust bubbles that are starting just above the wheel well. The car is comfortable and offers a large trunk as well as a lot of leg room. There is sufficient power for passing as well as navigating mountainous areas."

My 4th Corolla. My first was the 1978 Liftback.

By on Monday, July 2, 2012

Pros: "Reliability! Style!"

Cons: "Beware of scare tactics regarding repairs..."

"Manual 5 speed. Dark grey, this 2003 sedan has AC, CD and tape-player, new battery... Have never had any serious mechanical problems. So reliable that I bought another."

reliability plus

By on Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pros: "great car for the price"

Cons: "head lights should shine out a bit farther"

"We purchased this car brand new. She has given us nothing but the best service and reliability. On long trips we get 37mpg's @75mph."

Babs

By on Monday, February 7, 2011

"My 2006 Corolla S, (Babs) has been nothing but reliable and I couldn't think of life without her. I have driven a 2010 VW Beetle, Chevrolet Aveo and a 2011 Nissan Altima, all were newer with less miles, but none compared. The Chevy had no pick up, not like the Corolla and where the Nissan was speedy, the styling was unpleasing and lacks visibility. Plus it was very large for a mid-sized sedan. The Beetle was fun, but too small for practicality and not very comfortable.. Sure I may be biased, but my car was the perfect size and has all the performance for what I want and need from it. My Toyota Corolla S has been great for road trips and just getting me to work on time, she's never had any mechanical issues that were not usual for the year/mileage. She's been hit twice, but keeps on ticking. I couldn't be happier with my purchase, it was inexpensive then, still worth a lot now and I don't think I'll need a new car for many, many years to come."

Get it and forget it

By on Saturday, December 5, 2009

"My favorite cars have always been the ones I didn't have to fix a lot. After 2 years and 25,000 miles I think this will fall into that category. Value: I paid 14,900 for this 08 LE automatic and KBB says it's still worth 13,600 private party. Reliability: I sold a Corolla to a friend that ended up going over 300,000 miles. This has a ways to go but no issues so far. Quality: Factory tires are sad and will need to be replaced soon. Had an air leak in lower windshield out of the box. This caused a whistle when driving into wind. Dearlership cheerfully fixed...really like my Toy dealer. Performance: Very adequate for an economy car and quiet. Consistently get 33 MPG in mixed driving. Styling: This is subjective but the Corolla is not gonna win a beauty contest. Comfort: Very good for a small car with a decent ride but a noticable difference between this and my wife's Camry. Once again very quiet for a small car. Summary: This is a nice driving, economical that holds it's value and should be very reliable."

Corolla - No doubts it is a hit

By on Friday, November 20, 2009

"Back in 2004 I bought a Corolla and a Murano. The Murano was almost twice as much as the Corolla. Almost 6 years later, I still have both of them and although the Murano is a great car, more confortable, more spacious, more elegant, there is something about my simple Toyota Corolla that is hard to explain... you simple feel it, it is pure reliability, you turn it on and it is exactly like when I bought it 5plus years ago. That was a great buy! Thanks Toyota."

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2008

"Great vehicle. Bought new in 2003. We have over 120,000 miles and still running good.Wife drove for first 3 years and last 2 years our daughter has driven 3 days a week and 30 miles one way to college.We purchased a 2009 corolla in May of 2008. The 2003 gets about 3 miles per gallon better gas mileage than the 2009.Wife likes the clock location better in the 2003 model.The 2009 is a little more roomier.If the 2009 serves us as well as the 2003 we will most likely purchase another corolla in the future."

Best return

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2008

"I sold my mercedes s500 and got a corolla 2006 LE with all the options. Paid a little over $20500 including a 7 year 100,000 mile waranty. I just put 30000 miles on this car. My services include oil changes, air filters replacement and tire balance rotation. To date I spend less than $500 on service. I replaced my winshield for under $150. My city / highway consumption is at 32 mpg. Plenty of space even for a COSTCO run."

Great reliable car

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2008

"best for everyday car...owned mine for 3 yrs had problem with starter at 100,000 mi and caralyc converter at 110,000. right now 128,000 mi still driving good..."

GREAT OVERALL CAR

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2007

""The car is really great, nice looks and handling, fun to drive, spacious inside. I totally recommend this car." I almost forgot 40MPG!!!!"

Good looking, long lasting reliable car!

By on Saturday, June 25, 2016

Pros: "Excellent price, smooth drive, very dependable."

Cons: "Cheap storage areas, poor paint job."

"I have had this car for nearly 5 years now. I bought it with 70,000 miles on it and have driven it to 130,000 now. The gas mileage is fantastic, it's a very comfortable car to ride in and to drive (as long as there are only 4 people). The backseat can get cramped with 3 people, but that's to be expected with a smaller sedan like this. The biggest thing for me has been it's reliability. I have had no major issues with the car other than a bad paint job. The clear coat started to wear off about 6 or 7 months ago and has now begun to rust VERY heavily. I am having my roof and hood both repainted next week because I plan on driving the car for at least another two years. Not a huge deal, but it is pretty frustrating. Mechanically, there have been no issues what-so-ever. Just typical maintenance! I recommend this car to anyone looking for a VERY affordable, reliable, and comfortable small sedan."

Great car and best value!

By on Saturday, September 6, 2014

Pros: "great price, low maintenance, great gas milage"

Cons: "I can't think of any!"

"I love my 2006 Toyota Corolla. It has great gas milage and rides comfortably for my 40 minute commute back and forth to work. It has NEVER let me sitting along the road. I have always taken this car in to be serviced at its scheduled time. The air conditioning and heater in this car is awesome. It air con. can cool you off in a few minutes! The most expensive repair I have ever had on this car was replacing the tires. It has held its value and I really hate to part with it! :("

Been a fantastic car 11 years and going.

By on Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, turning, parking, price"

Cons: "seats, front leg room"

"I owned this car from purchase in 2003. I replaced the O2 sensor twice, my biggest gripe about the car. My rating is based upon the price range compared to similar autos. I do not give lower numbers because it was a cheaper car. It has run fantastic for years. I still get 40 mpg and I have lost a little power in the engine. I go through a little oil, but it does not drip or blow oil out the exhaust. It can have a little better seat quality to it since I have had numerous back surgeries. This car has been fantastic and I might fix the oil issue in the old engine, then give it to my Niece for She wants it now. I would rate this for any one that wants great gas mileage for themselves or a family member."

Best car ever -- Corollas are best

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "Great price, reliability, handles well"

Cons: "Pretty basic but fun"

"I have owned 2 Corollas -- a 1994 and a 2008 and have always felt safe never worrying about breaking down. Reliable, basic, great ride. Next car will be a Corolla or Camry."

Great car

By on Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, fun to drive, pretty nimble"

Cons: "Seriously, can't think of any,"

"I purchased this car from Hertz about 10 years ago, it had 25k on it. I have put 100k on it myself,and have only had it in the shop, for anything other than maintenance, once. (Oxygen sensor problem). I love this little guy, reliable, looks good, fits me like a glove. Additionally it has a lot of trunk room for a small car. I have other more expensive vehicles, but I find myself hopping in my Corolla more often than not. I am looking to get at least 200k out of this guy. If you need transportation and can find one of these that has been maintained, buy it."

2007 Toyota Corolla - a great car

By on Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pros: "Complete reliability"

The right side is far worse.

"This review may be a eulogy. I truly hope it is not, however. I was in a serious accident with my 2007 Corolla on Sunday 8 Sep. I was hit by a BMW 700 on my left side, which pushed me into the path of a BMW SUV, which hit me on my right side. The Corolla sustained considerable damage, but what is important is this: my wife, my dog and I came away without a scratch. The Corolla sustained less damage than the BMW SUV. I am now awaiting the report from the adjuster, and I truly wish he will not total the car. If I can, I will gladly have it repaired and use it for many years to come. I am a maintenance fanatic, I must admit, but the 2007 Toyota Corolla is such a great car that I am happy to keep it in top shape."

The right side is far worse.

Very reliable transportation.

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "reliable, inexpensive to own and operate."

Cons: "better grade exterior paint."

"Over my lifetime (66 yrs.)I have purchased 5 new vehicles. This Corolla has been the most safe, reliable one out of the 5. With normal maintance and driving performance, it has never left me stranded. Normal repairs, when needed, have been quick and in-expensive. Due to the reliablity factor, I would trade for another Corolla."

Very reliable

By on Thursday, July 5, 2012

Pros: "reliable, low maintenance, great gas mileage"

Cons: "style, too small for family, no extras here"

"5 years, 135,000 miles on it, never any problems. have only had to perform routine maintenance (oil changes, new tires, new filters). i drive an hr to work and an hr home everyday and the corolla is great on gas and so reliable. it has fit my needs very well considering how much i drive. i feel like i paid too much for it, part of that is on me though. most people get burned at least once buying a car. another thing, i bought this car new, the first hub cap came off within the first month of me owning it, the second within a couple months. and toyota wants $50 for 1 hubcap!!! no thanks, i drive my car without them. the car is not for style, but for convenience / gas mileage. it will still be drivable with another 100K miles on it..."

Best sedan I've ever owned

By on Monday, May 21, 2012

Pros: "Fun, fun, fun"

Cons: "None. I just need more cargo space."

"I drive long distances 5-6 times/year. My Corolla is comfortable, reliable, and a thoroughly enjoyable ride. Seats are adjustable to my comfort level. It's great on gas. It is easy to maneuver on the highway or in heavy traffic."

I LOVE IT!!!

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "great price, keeps better value than others"

"This is the best car ever!!! Bought it new. Have never had any problem with it. 210,000 and still going strong!!!"

Excelent Vehicle

By on Monday, April 28, 2008

"I have owned this vehicle for 11 months and have had no problems what so ever. the best fuel mileage I have ever had. recently made a 650 mile trip and averaged 38.4 mpg. very comfortable for a small car."

My Corolla S type

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2007

"I have a 2008 Toyota Corolla S type, and overall it was a great investment! I feel completly confident I dont have to worry about my car for a very long time. I believe in Toyota And would own nothing else!!!! I know this car will last me along time 8 years if not more!! The greatest thing about that is all I have to do is drive it with common sense, and change the oil, and I am golden and will always arrive where intended!!! I would definitly tell everyone I know to go TOYOTA!! The initial price maybe a bit higher, but you get what you pay for!! Now, on another note, I do have some minor detail problems with the corolla!!! Toyota needs to improve some comfort issues inside the corolla. I love the space inside, its large for a compact sedan. Fits four very perfectly with extra room! However, the seat need to be more comfortable not so stiff and more hugging of the passengers! and in the S type, I would not mind paying for Leather and a higher powered engine like at least a 2.4 liter?????? How bout putting an alarm on these as well???? Plus, the controls need to be more accessible, Like having steering wheel controls???? But, these issues do not keep me from enjoying My S type, I love it, just hoping in bout 4 or 5 years when I will probably be ready to trade this one in, they will have added some more upgrades and I will definitly buy Another one!!!"