2006 Toyota Corolla

Based on 1271 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Reliable, fun to drive, easy on gas, find parking

By on Sunday, July 27, 2014

"Reliable, fun to drive, v-good gas mileage highway 30's city 20's. Decent trunksize, Easy to find parking. Needed normal service, oil every 3000 miles, battery every 4 years,tires wear well on second set. The Heavy repairs needed, were; 2013 new Radiator, 2014 tie Rod ends, 2013 fuel pump. Transmission differential on the way out. Interior parts cheap, Vanity Mirror, panel doors broke, pull out plastic drink tray broken . Body very thin replaced both front fenders, young teenagers (bent two separate occasions) playing football and crashed into fenders. Light car, feel the bumps when your the passenger, thin glass , heavy rain seems like the windows are all open. Bit noisy on highway, not nearly as comfortable as my Honda Accord. White Paint exposed to the Sun did not hold up well. I didn't really wax all that much neither. I was planning to give exterior touch up I wanted to keep Corolla , but undecided to fix or replace. Because it needs transmission work., I was quoted $1400-$1700 from very reliable tech."

Best car ever -- Corollas are best

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "Great price, reliability, handles well"

Cons: "Pretty basic but fun"

"I have owned 2 Corollas -- a 1994 and a 2008 and have always felt safe never worrying about breaking down. Reliable, basic, great ride. Next car will be a Corolla or Camry."

Best car I have ever owned

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pros: "Reliabilty, gas mileage, resale value"

Cons: "lack of power, awkward driving position."

Freshly cleaned.

"I bought my Corolla in March of 2009 and have had excellent luck with it over these last 5 years. It has required only basic maintenance since purchase. I have found it to be a very pleasant, sometimes boring car. I can always count on it and never have to think about it or what could go wrong next on it. The driving experience is a bit dull, this is not a car for a sports car fanatic, handling is bland, but it excels in it's ability to get you to and from your destination without issue. The gas mileage is on par with other small cars, with my lead foot I average around 25mpg around town and I get about 34 on the highway consistently. This car is good on long trips, I have taken it back and forth from Florida to Ohio several times since I have owned it and found it relatively comfortable for a small car, only getting the normal fatigue of being in a car for several hours. I do have a few complaints about the car. The steering wheel placement is kind of odd and feels a bit like driving a bus which can take a toll after driving for several hours on a trip. The car could have also benefited from more gears in the automatic and a bit more power. It's not bad around town or on a flat stretch of highway, but if you ever take this car through the state of West Virginia for example, as I have, get in the slow lane and prepare to be passed by semis, it's a dog in the hills. Other than that, the Corolla has been the absolute best car that I have ever owned. The quality of it's parts and their ability to hold up so well over the years is reason enough to buy one. 6 years later, the interior still looks good, although mine can use to be detailed. The dash isn't cracked, the headliner isn't sagging, it still looks nice. All of the power equipment still works great and has not yet needed to be replaced. Overall, I would recommend the Corolla to anyone, it's durable, holds it's value well and when properly cared for can still look good several years down the line. It is an appliance on wheels and I mean that in the best way possible."

Freshly cleaned.

Decent power, with decent gas mileage. sporty feel

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pros: "Car looks great, is very reliable, Toyota quality!"

Cons: "Paint's clear coat sucks, needs to be addressed"

"A good all-around, easy driving car, that gives just a hint of sportiness, all from a car that can give 30+mpg all-around driving performance. Agile and reliable."

One of the most reliable cars I've owned,

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "great value."

Cons: "It 's not american."

"I drove this car new exclusively for work. Outstanding record of reliability. Wife now drives and says she loves driving it. One of my best purchases."

Ideal compact car

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pros: "price, comfort, gas mileage, zippy, fun"

Cons: "steering wheel is a little awkwardly located"

"i had not owned a Toyota before, so tried it out when test driving cars. This Corolla had ZIP right from the first tap on the accelerator. I knew it was "the one" before leaving the parking lot on the test drive, and now, 10 years later, it still is. No trouble at all. I like the way it drives better than the 2013 i drove while i was having a scratch repaired. The new one felt like the computer was driving it, but the 2004 feels like I am the driver. i do not have a negative word about this car."

Awesome car

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "Super car"

"This car is low maintenance and fun to drive. Because it is a manual 5 speed it gets 37 mpg and I've gotten as high as 42 mpg on the highway. Great commuter car."

it's never left me stranded

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Pros: "decent economy car"

Cons: "regular emissions repairs needed"

"Decent mileage, esp. on highway. Emissions system on this make/model is a lemon."

Enjoyed driving. fast pickup. economic.

By on Monday, June 30, 2014

Pros: "great price. loads of fun to drive"

Cons: "has cup holders in rear and also in front"

"Bought new. Daughter used car. Daughter passed away and I let others drive car. Grandson was driving until timing chain broke. Had repaired. Had motor overhauled (supposedly) paid mechanic 1500 to overhaul, but evidently he only patched up. Will start, but have to keep foot on gas at all times. On fixed income, so I cannot afford to have any work done on it at this time."

Good Reliable Car

By on Sunday, June 22, 2014

Pros: "Reliable."

Cons: "Paint job could have been better."

"I bought this car new in 2007 and have basically had no issues at all with it. The original brakes lasted too long actually so that they had trouble removing them at around 100,000 miles (I'm easy on the car). Not happy with the squeaky replacements though. The car has always started for me, the air has always worked, the radio worked. Mileage has been good. Seats are pretty comfortable and the ride isn't bad for being such a small vehicle. Only problem I had was if I turned the ignition off and moved the steering wheel at the same time, I would have trouble restarting it, so make sure your hands are off the steering wheel when you turn it off. Still, it only took a little pulling on the wheel to get the ignition to turn. Paint job could have been better I think."

See if you qualify for