2006 Toyota Corolla

Based on 1338 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

This car saved my life

By on Saturday, February 02, 2013

Pros: "Easy to drive, VERY safe and practical"

"I purchased this car new back in 01/2005. I have never had an issue with this car and had almost 300K miles. The only thing major that happened was I needed a new water pump and timing chain and of course regular oil changes. This past Monday, 01/24/2013, my daughter and I were involved in a MAJOR car accident; both air bags were deployed and the entire engine folded. The police, EMT, and other first responders kept saying "your car did what it was supposed to do and it saved your life". I would recommend this car to the world, if only other cars were made as perfectly as this one, I think there would be more saved lives in car accidents."

Excellent Little Commuter, even OK for long trips.

By on Saturday, May 02, 2015

Pros: "Reliability, fit / finish, MPG, overall qulity"

Cons: "None. Solid car from a one-owner family."

"For the record, while I am the 3rd owner, I KNOW this car. My aunt was the original owner, my mom was the second and I am now the third. I know it has been maintained, but not religiously (i.e. regular oil changes but 6K intervals instead of 3K etcetera)... I have had this car for 4 years now and I use it regularly as my daily commuter. I still get a solid 30 MPG combined driving. I also have used it for multiple road trips with a family of 4 between CO / MO and between CO / AZ. While not nearly as comfortable as my Acura MDX, no trip was uncomfortable... The reliability has been incredible. The only road related issue was shortly after I bought it from my mom and we went from CO to AZ for a family vacation... Well, right before Crater Monument in AZ, the A/C slowed WAY down, almost to the point on not working. We enjoyed Crater Monument but we were lucky to find a shop right off the highway in Flagstaff open and they discovered that A), the interior air filter had never been changed (incredibly restricting air flow), and B), the A/C freon needed recharging. 90 minutes and $120 later, we were on our way, cool as cucumbers... Was that a design or reliability issue? NO! It was a mom and an aunt driving a car in AZ and CO heat / cold without ever changing cabin air filter, thus placing MUCH added pressure on AC unit. Is this a super comfy car? Well, no. That said, it's certainly not uncomfortable; its utilitarian. Its more comfy (both interior and ride) than my wife's '07 Honda Fit and my 2000 F-250 Super Duty, but its not nearly as comfy as my '03 Acura MDX, but hey, its not designed to be. Exterior has a little paint sealer flaking, but for its age and its lifetime in AZ / CO, that is to be expected. Considering it was never garaged until I purchased it, its actually pretty impressive. Interior? Effective, clean, comfy and QUALITY... This car has ZERO rattles, ZERO defects and is as quiet today as it was 11 years ago. Fantastic. While I LOVE Honda and Acura, I will submit that my experience leads me to believe that Toyota has a slight interior quality edge. No black eye for Honda, but Toyota's have (for me) been a little more solid that Honda's in my experience. Final summary: Excellent car. My son will be driving it in 3 years (unless I give him the MDX), MPG fantastic, reliability is bullet proof, comfort is good, fit and finish is excellent, interior is clean, simple and easy... Driving attitude is vanilla but I mean that as a compliment. I mean, its a Corolla not a 911 4S or BMW 5, you know? I would highly recommend this little car for commuting, running kids to kung fu / gymnastics, grocery getting and mid-distance (900-1200 miles) family travel. Great little car."

Excellent power and performance for its size

By on Sunday, September 21, 2014

Pros: "Good performance and low operating cost, enhanced"

Cons: "Small for a family use"

"Very reliable vehicle . I comfortably drive it long distance on highways and it has never been behind new cars. If serviced well , this car can last much longer than similar or other brands . Overall, this car gives highest value for money with reliable performance and low operating cost"

no worries car

By on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pros: "mileage, reliability, mechanical soundness,comfort"

Cons: "missed having electric doors and windows...."

"great mileage- no mechanical breaks- strictly maintenance for 245K miles - never stranded me- what other car can say all of that? Would buy another just like it but this one is still going strong. computer reset had a minor glitch."

Could you ask for anything more?

By on Wednesday, December 19, 2007

"I have nothing but good things to say about my Corolla. First off, it is extremely fuel efficient, averaging 30-35 in the city. Secondly, Forbes magazine named it as one of the cheapest vehicles to own of 07'. It is only bested by the Honda Fit...which is marginally cheaper to own. Total Cost of Ownership is LOW. I suppose that it is also worthy to mention that I will never have to change a timing belt...as this vehicle has a permanent timing chain...that lasts the life of the engine. Gotta love it!! This is an all aluminum, highly advanced motor engine... Kudos Toyota!! Power is great, as is comfort and handling. I give it a thumbs up. It also maintains it's resale value very well. People will pay top dollar for this thing, seeing our current fuel prices."

SPORTY GAS-MISER

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"This is a well built car. It looks sporty in a smart way. It has good acceleration and handles well. It 's relatively inexpensive. It holds its value well. Best of all between 30 and 40 MPG"

Awesome Gas Mileage

By on Friday, June 08, 2007

"This is our 3rd Corolla. We have gotten up to 40 mpg with this car. Love it!"

By on Wednesday, May 30, 2007

"This car is great. I love the style...and the ride is super. Only bad report......the window visor hits into the rearview mirror when you need the visor. Needs to be rectified. Had the same thing happen on my Nissan Sentra. Front window defroster is slow in clearing window. Good Car!!!"

Im the 2nd owner, w/23K miles when i bought it.

By on Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Pros: "fun, fast, clean engine, good gas milage, stick"

Cons: "130K, tires, shocks, inside broken plastic"

i have more photos

"I love this lil gem of a car. Silver is the best color you can get cuz it doesn't show dirt, for a while. i drove this car 107k miles. from 2007 to 2015 and it still runs as new. Why? Because of the maintenance ive kept. I have a portfolio of the maintenance, not a lot of people do that or can even say that. that car has equity. I hate to get rid of it, but I want to move on. you see im a LYFT and an UBER driver now and need to upgrade. this car would be good for a college student, that can drive stick. just to get around in in California, a car like this is definitely needed. So whoever winds-up with my lil gem, a cute/awesome, great fun and another 100k mile left on the car and then some, and will receive the maintenance portfolio."

i have more photos

Good Reliable Car

By on Sunday, June 22, 2014

Pros: "Reliable."

Cons: "Paint job could have been better."

"I bought this car new in 2007 and have basically had no issues at all with it. The original brakes lasted too long actually so that they had trouble removing them at around 100,000 miles (I'm easy on the car). Not happy with the squeaky replacements though. The car has always started for me, the air has always worked, the radio worked. Mileage has been good. Seats are pretty comfortable and the ride isn't bad for being such a small vehicle. Only problem I had was if I turned the ignition off and moved the steering wheel at the same time, I would have trouble restarting it, so make sure your hands are off the steering wheel when you turn it off. Still, it only took a little pulling on the wheel to get the ignition to turn. Paint job could have been better I think."

My 4th Corolla. My first was the 1978 Liftback.

By on Monday, July 02, 2012

Pros: "Reliability! Style!"

Cons: "Beware of scare tactics regarding repairs..."

"Manual 5 speed. Dark grey, this 2003 sedan has AC, CD and tape-player, new battery... Have never had any serious mechanical problems. So reliable that I bought another."

reliability plus

By on Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pros: "great car for the price"

Cons: "head lights should shine out a bit farther"

"We purchased this car brand new. She has given us nothing but the best service and reliability. On long trips we get 37mpg's @75mph."

Babs

By on Monday, February 07, 2011

"My 2006 Corolla S, (Babs) has been nothing but reliable and I couldn't think of life without her. I have driven a 2010 VW Beetle, Chevrolet Aveo and a 2011 Nissan Altima, all were newer with less miles, but none compared. The Chevy had no pick up, not like the Corolla and where the Nissan was speedy, the styling was unpleasing and lacks visibility. Plus it was very large for a mid-sized sedan. The Beetle was fun, but too small for practicality and not very comfortable.. Sure I may be biased, but my car was the perfect size and has all the performance for what I want and need from it. My Toyota Corolla S has been great for road trips and just getting me to work on time, she's never had any mechanical issues that were not usual for the year/mileage. She's been hit twice, but keeps on ticking. I couldn't be happier with my purchase, it was inexpensive then, still worth a lot now and I don't think I'll need a new car for many, many years to come."

My first love 2005/LE

By on Thursday, January 07, 2010

"It's a zippy car. I now have 191,000 and it still drives awsome. But it will only do this for you with love and good maintance care. It drives great in all kinds of weather. It's a bulldozer in the snow. No kidding. The things I have replaced since brand new purchase is the AC condensor and AC compressor, belt, struts/shocks, brakes/tires, and O2 sensor. Would buy this car again, but not sure about the newer style yet."

Get it and forget it

By on Saturday, December 05, 2009

"My favorite cars have always been the ones I didn't have to fix a lot. After 2 years and 25,000 miles I think this will fall into that category. Value: I paid 14,900 for this 08 LE automatic and KBB says it's still worth 13,600 private party. Reliability: I sold a Corolla to a friend that ended up going over 300,000 miles. This has a ways to go but no issues so far. Quality: Factory tires are sad and will need to be replaced soon. Had an air leak in lower windshield out of the box. This caused a whistle when driving into wind. Dearlership cheerfully fixed...really like my Toy dealer. Performance: Very adequate for an economy car and quiet. Consistently get 33 MPG in mixed driving. Styling: This is subjective but the Corolla is not gonna win a beauty contest. Comfort: Very good for a small car with a decent ride but a noticable difference between this and my wife's Camry. Once again very quiet for a small car. Summary: This is a nice driving, economical that holds it's value and should be very reliable."

Corolla - No doubts it is a hit

By on Friday, November 20, 2009

"Back in 2004 I bought a Corolla and a Murano. The Murano was almost twice as much as the Corolla. Almost 6 years later, I still have both of them and although the Murano is a great car, more confortable, more spacious, more elegant, there is something about my simple Toyota Corolla that is hard to explain... you simple feel it, it is pure reliability, you turn it on and it is exactly like when I bought it 5plus years ago. That was a great buy! Thanks Toyota."

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2008

"Great vehicle. Bought new in 2003. We have over 120,000 miles and still running good.Wife drove for first 3 years and last 2 years our daughter has driven 3 days a week and 30 miles one way to college.We purchased a 2009 corolla in May of 2008. The 2003 gets about 3 miles per gallon better gas mileage than the 2009.Wife likes the clock location better in the 2003 model.The 2009 is a little more roomier.If the 2009 serves us as well as the 2003 we will most likely purchase another corolla in the future."

Best return

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2008

"I sold my mercedes s500 and got a corolla 2006 LE with all the options. Paid a little over $20500 including a 7 year 100,000 mile waranty. I just put 30000 miles on this car. My services include oil changes, air filters replacement and tire balance rotation. To date I spend less than $500 on service. I replaced my winshield for under $150. My city / highway consumption is at 32 mpg. Plenty of space even for a COSTCO run."

Great reliable car

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2008

"best for everyday car...owned mine for 3 yrs had problem with starter at 100,000 mi and caralyc converter at 110,000. right now 128,000 mi still driving good..."

EXCELENT CAR

By on Sunday, September 09, 2007

"As my first personal purchase, the Corolla is the epitome of Toyota. Great price, amazing quality, more than reasonable interior room, and fantastic gas millage. The only comment I have that even leans to negative is the lack of styling options on the CE and LE models. This really isn't a problem though because the look of the Corolla is pretty sleek for an economy car. Please note when I purchased this car it was used with 24,000 miles on it already. In the year and a half I've owned this car I've driven to from Phoenix, AZ to Orange, CA, Las Vegas, and Dallas, TX and haven't had a single problem with it. I've only taken it into the dealer for regular oil changes and checkup, and not once was there a problem. I give this car a two thumbs up, 5 star rating, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a low cost four door sedan."

GREAT OVERALL CAR

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2007

""The car is really great, nice looks and handling, fun to drive, spacious inside. I totally recommend this car." I almost forgot 40MPG!!!!"

Very Reliable! Car will outlast you!

By on Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Pros: "great gas mileage, dependable, low maintenance"

Cons: "No cons! Would have loved a multi-disk CD changer."

"I have been having my 2008 Toyota Corolla since May 2009. It was bought with 40,000 miles on it. This car has been very dependable and has never given me any major problems in the 6 years that I have had it. It is great on gas mileage. I have only had to keep up with maintenance such as oil changes, tires, one new battery, new front brakes as needed. It has never fallen dead on me, and now has over 160,000 miles on it. It is still rolling, even after multiple 10 hour road trips, and lots of driving. I am going to keep this car even when I get another, and I highly recommend it to anyone. My cousin bought a new Toyota Corolla recently after my recommendation, and she loves hers as well."

LOVE this car, would keep forever

By on Saturday, January 03, 2015

Pros: "great value and very reliable"

Cons: "bit noisy, especially on highway"

"Bought this car new and it has always been dependable, fun to drive, great mpg and an excellent value. I hope it goes another 100K! Done nothing but routine maintenance."

Great car and best value!

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Pros: "great price, low maintenance, great gas milage"

Cons: "I can't think of any!"

"I love my 2006 Toyota Corolla. It has great gas milage and rides comfortably for my 40 minute commute back and forth to work. It has NEVER let me sitting along the road. I have always taken this car in to be serviced at its scheduled time. The air conditioning and heater in this car is awesome. It air con. can cool you off in a few minutes! The most expensive repair I have ever had on this car was replacing the tires. It has held its value and I really hate to part with it! :("

Been a fantastic car 11 years and going.

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, turning, parking, price"

Cons: "seats, front leg room"

"I owned this car from purchase in 2003. I replaced the O2 sensor twice, my biggest gripe about the car. My rating is based upon the price range compared to similar autos. I do not give lower numbers because it was a cheaper car. It has run fantastic for years. I still get 40 mpg and I have lost a little power in the engine. I go through a little oil, but it does not drip or blow oil out the exhaust. It can have a little better seat quality to it since I have had numerous back surgeries. This car has been fantastic and I might fix the oil issue in the old engine, then give it to my Niece for She wants it now. I would rate this for any one that wants great gas mileage for themselves or a family member."