2005 Toyota Corolla

Based on 1376 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

no worries car

By on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pros: "mileage, reliability, mechanical soundness,comfort"

Cons: "missed having electric doors and windows...."

"great mileage- no mechanical breaks- strictly maintenance for 245K miles - never stranded me- what other car can say all of that? Would buy another just like it but this one is still going strong. computer reset had a minor glitch."

One of the best cars ever .

By on Sunday, July 26, 2015

I don't own this car

Pros: "Reliability, Mpg, Low ownership cost ."

Cons: "Styling could be better"

"I'm actually doing this review for my dads 05 Le Corolla automatic because it deserves justice. Besides regular maintenance and a battery switch, he has had 0 problems with this car. 0 . And that's at 225,477 miles!!! Yes it's kinda bland, the styling could be better, and the inside is somewhat generic. But, if you're looking for a car that is reliable no matter what, this is the car. Fantastic mpg, 35+. I grew up in Toyotas, and I still believe they are the best. Go Toyota !"

Good Reliable Car

By on Sunday, June 22, 2014

Pros: "Reliable."

Cons: "Paint job could have been better."

"I bought this car new in 2007 and have basically had no issues at all with it. The original brakes lasted too long actually so that they had trouble removing them at around 100,000 miles (I'm easy on the car). Not happy with the squeaky replacements though. The car has always started for me, the air has always worked, the radio worked. Mileage has been good. Seats are pretty comfortable and the ride isn't bad for being such a small vehicle. Only problem I had was if I turned the ignition off and moved the steering wheel at the same time, I would have trouble restarting it, so make sure your hands are off the steering wheel when you turn it off. Still, it only took a little pulling on the wheel to get the ignition to turn. Paint job could have been better I think."

Most reliable car ever

By on Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Pros: "cost effective, reliable and comfortable"

Cons: "road noise, lacks the amenities of newer cars"

"I bought this car new in November 2003. I now have 140,000 miles and have never had a true repair, simply general maintenance and upkeep. The seats are still much more comfortable than my husbands 2015 Highlander! There is lots of room for family and cargo also. If you want reliable transportation that is super cost effective, this is the car."

Im the 2nd owner, w/23K miles when i bought it.

By on Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Pros: "fun, fast, clean engine, good gas milage, stick"

Cons: "130K, tires, shocks, inside broken plastic"

i have more photos

"I love this lil gem of a car. Silver is the best color you can get cuz it doesn't show dirt, for a while. i drove this car 107k miles. from 2007 to 2015 and it still runs as new. Why? Because of the maintenance ive kept. I have a portfolio of the maintenance, not a lot of people do that or can even say that. that car has equity. I hate to get rid of it, but I want to move on. you see im a LYFT and an UBER driver now and need to upgrade. this car would be good for a college student, that can drive stick. just to get around in in California, a car like this is definitely needed. So whoever winds-up with my lil gem, a cute/awesome, great fun and another 100k mile left on the car and then some, and will receive the maintenance portfolio."

i have more photos

Great used car buy

By on Sunday, August 04, 2013

Pros: "Price, value, interior,great car"

Cons: "I bit of road noise"

"After spending weeks on looking for a new car that would be great for my 50 mile a day commute to work I found a used 2008 Corolla and very very pleased with it. I have been looking at new 2013 cars and deciding do I really want a 300 or more a month car payment? Answer NO! I found this Corolla on the used car lot of a dealer. It has 40,000 miles and the carfax checked out and found evidence of regular maintence reciepts. I recieved financing at my local credit union and got a great interest rate and my payment 190 a month. I could not go wrong with that. The car is comfortable and gets great gas mileage. Has power windows,locks,mirrors, key fob to lock unlock. Just overall a great car. Runs great has lots of power for passing.Not sluggish at all. I recommend this car if your looking for a second vehicle."

My 4th Corolla. My first was the 1978 Liftback.

By on Monday, July 02, 2012

Pros: "Reliability! Style!"

Cons: "Beware of scare tactics regarding repairs..."

"Manual 5 speed. Dark grey, this 2003 sedan has AC, CD and tape-player, new battery... Have never had any serious mechanical problems. So reliable that I bought another."

reliability plus

By on Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pros: "great car for the price"

Cons: "head lights should shine out a bit farther"

"We purchased this car brand new. She has given us nothing but the best service and reliability. On long trips we get 37mpg's @75mph."

Babs

By on Monday, February 07, 2011

"My 2006 Corolla S, (Babs) has been nothing but reliable and I couldn't think of life without her. I have driven a 2010 VW Beetle, Chevrolet Aveo and a 2011 Nissan Altima, all were newer with less miles, but none compared. The Chevy had no pick up, not like the Corolla and where the Nissan was speedy, the styling was unpleasing and lacks visibility. Plus it was very large for a mid-sized sedan. The Beetle was fun, but too small for practicality and not very comfortable.. Sure I may be biased, but my car was the perfect size and has all the performance for what I want and need from it. My Toyota Corolla S has been great for road trips and just getting me to work on time, she's never had any mechanical issues that were not usual for the year/mileage. She's been hit twice, but keeps on ticking. I couldn't be happier with my purchase, it was inexpensive then, still worth a lot now and I don't think I'll need a new car for many, many years to come."

Get it and forget it

By on Saturday, December 05, 2009

"My favorite cars have always been the ones I didn't have to fix a lot. After 2 years and 25,000 miles I think this will fall into that category. Value: I paid 14,900 for this 08 LE automatic and KBB says it's still worth 13,600 private party. Reliability: I sold a Corolla to a friend that ended up going over 300,000 miles. This has a ways to go but no issues so far. Quality: Factory tires are sad and will need to be replaced soon. Had an air leak in lower windshield out of the box. This caused a whistle when driving into wind. Dearlership cheerfully fixed...really like my Toy dealer. Performance: Very adequate for an economy car and quiet. Consistently get 33 MPG in mixed driving. Styling: This is subjective but the Corolla is not gonna win a beauty contest. Comfort: Very good for a small car with a decent ride but a noticable difference between this and my wife's Camry. Once again very quiet for a small car. Summary: This is a nice driving, economical that holds it's value and should be very reliable."