2005 Toyota Corolla

Based on 1359 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Best sedan I've ever owned

By on Monday, May 21, 2012

Pros: "Fun, fun, fun"

Cons: "None. I just need more cargo space."

"I drive long distances 5-6 times/year. My Corolla is comfortable, reliable, and a thoroughly enjoyable ride. Seats are adjustable to my comfort level. It's great on gas. It is easy to maneuver on the highway or in heavy traffic."

I LOVE IT!!!

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "great price, keeps better value than others"

"This is the best car ever!!! Bought it new. Have never had any problem with it. 210,000 and still going strong!!!"

Excelent Vehicle

By on Monday, April 28, 2008

"I have owned this vehicle for 11 months and have had no problems what so ever. the best fuel mileage I have ever had. recently made a 650 mile trip and averaged 38.4 mpg. very comfortable for a small car."

My Corolla S type

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2007

"I have a 2008 Toyota Corolla S type, and overall it was a great investment! I feel completly confident I dont have to worry about my car for a very long time. I believe in Toyota And would own nothing else!!!! I know this car will last me along time 8 years if not more!! The greatest thing about that is all I have to do is drive it with common sense, and change the oil, and I am golden and will always arrive where intended!!! I would definitly tell everyone I know to go TOYOTA!! The initial price maybe a bit higher, but you get what you pay for!! Now, on another note, I do have some minor detail problems with the corolla!!! Toyota needs to improve some comfort issues inside the corolla. I love the space inside, its large for a compact sedan. Fits four very perfectly with extra room! However, the seat need to be more comfortable not so stiff and more hugging of the passengers! and in the S type, I would not mind paying for Leather and a higher powered engine like at least a 2.4 liter?????? How bout putting an alarm on these as well???? Plus, the controls need to be more accessible, Like having steering wheel controls???? But, these issues do not keep me from enjoying My S type, I love it, just hoping in bout 4 or 5 years when I will probably be ready to trade this one in, they will have added some more upgrades and I will definitly buy Another one!!!"

Check engine light again

By on Saturday, October 20, 2007

"After about 500 mi. the check engine light came on. about every third time the car is cranked the light would go off. After about 4 trips to the dealerships service department, it was determined that the VVT actuator was faulty. The service tech said there is a tech service bulliten out for model years 05 06 07 and they expect one to be out for the 2008 for replacement of an internal engine part in the same area as the actuator that causes similar problems. I will probably keep the car until the warranty is up, but I find myself constantly glancing over to see if the check engine light is on or about to come on. I just don't thrust this vehicle nor do I feel comfortable recommending it to anyone,"

Great econo-car

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"After driving trucks since I've had my license, I was more than reluctant to buy this car, but the pump price was my motive. After getting used to being in a car, I began to rather like it. The fit and finish is top notch, the engine is torquey as 4 cylinders come, the transmission is smooth and shifts well. The paint quality is excellent, braking is smooth but strangely, stops slower than my 5500lb truck. Handles pretty nicely in adverse weather and the best part, 12 gallons gets me about 375mi. down the road too. My only gripe about this car, is in windy weather on speeds above 55Mph, you have to hold on tight to the wheel, it gets blown around pretty easily."

Great car for the money!

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Pros: "Mileage, cost of ownership"

Cons: "Fit and finish, built for shorter people"

"I bought this car new in July of 2004. I now have 111,000 miles on it and have put no money into it except for normal wear items. (i.e. tires, battery, lights, brakes) I've changed the oil faithfully, always using Mobil 1 synthetic and inside the valve cover looks like the day I bought it. These are very dependable cars with a little maintenance and I would buy another one in a heartbeat. Except that I'm looking for 250,000 miles out of this one."

Reliable and easy to handle

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "reliability"

Cons: "more room to stretch out my legs at just 6'2""

"The corolla 05 is very reliable. I have not had any mechanicals problems. No problems at all with 86,000 miles. It handles easy, is quiet for a small sedan, and comfortable, unless your a passenger that is 6 feet tall or more. This is my second corolla, and they both have been the most reliable cars I have ever owned. If Toyota could ever break out of their conservative design, and give their American cars a little more of a western touch then they may just leave the competition in the dust. And I say that with all do respect to the other car manufacturers who have made some quality auto's."

great all round dependable car

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "gas Mileage, size, dependability, ease of repair"

Cons: "not enough power not for long trips comfort wise"

"Good first car or extra car for city use, great gas mileage not suitable for long highway trips or steep hills. I use this as a car for short errands around town prefer a larger car for long family trips for comfort, Corolla is an extremely dependable car and a great driving car."

wow

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

"We bought this car with 24000 miles on it and it never ceases to amaze me. From responding to fire calls or driving to work on really lousy days this just keeps on going."

with my experiance with this car is excellent

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

"Ever since we bought the car we had no problem except oil change or brake. Even I went as far new york state and along with other states. so this car is excellent and never stopped in the freeway or any streets of the united states."

MY FAVORITE VEHICLE EVER...

By on Saturday, January 04, 2014

"I LOVE MY CAR. I GOT IT A FEW SHORT MONTHS BEFORE I LOST MY HUSBAND TO BRAIN CANCER AND ITS DEFINATELY VERY DEPENDABLE,RELIABLE AND ITS CUTE TOO."

An excellent, reliable car

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pros: "Great handling, looks good, inexpensive to operate"

Cons: "Could use a little more power."

"This has probably been one of the best cars I've owned, which I've had for five years now. It looks nice and drives well. My model includes extras like sun roof, multi-disc CD player, power windows, etc. Power is sufficient. Gas mileage is great, averaging about 31 mpg. While it might not be considered an exciting car, it has been a real work horse for me and very reliable. It has never broken down, and maintenance has been relatively inexpensive. I highly recommend the Corolla."

Long Lasting Car!

By on Monday, August 19, 2013

Pros: "Long Lasting"

Cons: "Not a fast V-8 engine"

"I bought this car used with 160k miles on it, I am at 167k miles and it still runs beautifully. This is my first car and I plan on running it into the ground. Every time I take this car in for maintenance the mechanics tell me I can last easily up to 200k as long as I keep up on the maintenance when she's due for it. This is a good used car buy!"

Mediocre

By on Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pros: "Price is average, very reliable, cheap to maintain"

Cons: "Not enough power, ext/int could use a face lift"

"Very reliable, have not had any issue with the car. Only brake pads/shoes and tires has been changed. Only regular maintence has been done to the car. Nothing has been changed on the engine, parts are still all oem from the factory, suspension is still oem from the factory. Build Quality is pretty average. Engine is very reliable and quiet. It gets you from point A to B, but I feel it needs more power. Exterior and Interior is not really an eye catcher but it works and does what it needs to do. Suspension does what it suppose to do, although I feel the suspension should be a bit more stiffer and the car a little lower. Hope this helps!"

This is a very reliable car. in exccellent shape

By on Sunday, June 23, 2013

Pros: "Holds the road very well. Low mileage"

Cons: "Feel the bumps on the road. Probably needs shocks"

"I bought my Toyota in 2002 and I have had no problems with it. Driving dynamics is not like a high powered sports car, however it has gotten me out of some very tight spots because of its maneuverability. The car can not be compared to a luxury car, however it is very comfortable to drive."

best value for the money!

By on Thursday, March 14, 2013

Pros: "good price, great quality, minimum upkeep"

Cons: "not the smoothest ride around"

"I've got over 281,000 miles on my 5 manual transmission 2003 ce corolla and it is still going strong. the only thing i've had done - besides normal maintenance - is rebuild my 5 speed transmission at 150,000 miles. (that cost me $900.00) but...i had teenagers at the time and most of their friends learned to drive a standard on it. over 30 different people have driven my car."

Best Car Ever

By on Saturday, September 08, 2012

Pros: "Great Price car will pay you back"

Cons: "Corolla should be made with 6 cylinders"

"I named my 2006 Toyota Corolla S Roadrunner, I bought it brand new this car has never given me any problems even with 119000 miles on the car it has all the original parts, on it still. Just changed the Battery and front brake pads thats it. I live in California took a rode trip to Tacoma Washington, the car made it there with only two fuel stops i got 500 miles on one full tank, with over 100,000 miles on the car that proves the motor is in excellent condition still. The Corolla is a very well built car, once you pay it off, the car pays you back, i bought mine in 2006, paid it off in 2010. Without a car note i saved the money from 2010 to now end of 2012, i have enough to pay cash for another new one, with the 2006 still ruuning like new, now thats nice. I say buy one, Corolla's are the best and reliable, my 2006 has never stopped on me. Cheer's hope your experience has been the same."

Thought about buying another one!

By on Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, great gas mileage, easy to park"

Cons: "I think I need a larger car. :("

"I love this car! The only thing is, I think I'm outgrowing it. I don't have kids, but I have large dogs. I was thinking of a crossover or larger sedan, but I love the mileage and how fun it is to drive."

This is a great little car

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "fun, great gas mileage, cute"

"I have had my car for 4 years and have never had a problem with it. It is dependable and gets me where I need to be no matter how bad the weather is. It drives better in the snow that some SUV's. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a fuel efficient fun car."

nearly 100k with no problems ..... ever

By on Monday, January 30, 2012

Pros: "best car in this price range"

Cons: "maybe road noise?"

"I have 95K with regular service work I have never had any problems. Great car.... I still get over 30mpg ciy/hwy."

Greatest Car Ever for Value

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "Price, value, low maintenance"

"I have over 200,000 miles on my car and it runs like its two years old when in fact it is eight years old. Mechanics estimate that I can easliy put another 100k-150k miles on the car. The most work I've had done on the car was recently when I replaced the catalyst converter at a cost of $250.00 for labor and parts. All other repairs (e.g. new battery, spark plug replacement, brake pades, new tires etc) were standard replacements. I plan to either get the same car or trade up to a Toyota Camry Hybrid. I've been able to get the price of 2 cars in 1!"

PrePaid 7 Yr/100,000 Warranty 55000 Mls Service

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable, Quiet, Safe"

"A well-designed, super car to drive and be a passenger in. Really comfortable on long drives, good acceleration, easy cruising. Good visibility, easy steering, good braking, convenient controls, 6 CD changer has good sound reproduction, lots of trunk space, split-folding rear seats, great gas mileage. Just under 25000 miles on the clock and drives really well. Pre-paid car care plan for service (Last paid service is 54989 miles - per the booklet) and Platinum 7 year/100,000 miles Mechanical Failure Service Contract from Fidelity Warranty Services"

Can't go wrong

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pros: "Reliable and fuel efficient"

"When you want a reliable vehicle that gets great gas mileage, you have to go with a corolla. The resale value is great too. For all those people who drive other makes and models that lose all their money to depreciation and auto repairs i feel sorry. My car costs me almost nothing."

The Best Car Man Has Ever Made

By on Monday, June 13, 2011

Pros: "reliable, looks sharp, great investment"

"I have owned this car for 7 years. Over the past 147,000 miles it has been in the shop ZERO times. Not once did it sputter, not once did it leave me stranded on the side of the road, not once did it hesitate to start. We have two children and it can get a little crowded on vacations with a trunk full of luggage, but at 40 mpg who cares! Change the fluids and filters, and this car will treat you like gold!"