2005 Toyota Corolla

Based on 1358 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

This car saved my life

By on Saturday, February 02, 2013

Pros: "Easy to drive, VERY safe and practical"

"I purchased this car new back in 01/2005. I have never had an issue with this car and had almost 300K miles. The only thing major that happened was I needed a new water pump and timing chain and of course regular oil changes. This past Monday, 01/24/2013, my daughter and I were involved in a MAJOR car accident; both air bags were deployed and the entire engine folded. The police, EMT, and other first responders kept saying "your car did what it was supposed to do and it saved your life". I would recommend this car to the world, if only other cars were made as perfectly as this one, I think there would be more saved lives in car accidents."

no worries car

By on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pros: "mileage, reliability, mechanical soundness,comfort"

Cons: "missed having electric doors and windows...."

"great mileage- no mechanical breaks- strictly maintenance for 245K miles - never stranded me- what other car can say all of that? Would buy another just like it but this one is still going strong. computer reset had a minor glitch."

One of the best cars ever .

By on Sunday, July 26, 2015

I don't own this car

Pros: "Reliability, Mpg, Low ownership cost ."

Cons: "Styling could be better"

"I'm actually doing this review for my dads 05 Le Corolla automatic because it deserves justice. Besides regular maintenance and a battery switch, he has had 0 problems with this car. 0 . And that's at 225,477 miles!!! Yes it's kinda bland, the styling could be better, and the inside is somewhat generic. But, if you're looking for a car that is reliable no matter what, this is the car. Fantastic mpg, 35+. I grew up in Toyotas, and I still believe they are the best. Go Toyota !"

Im the 2nd owner, w/23K miles when i bought it.

By on Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Pros: "fun, fast, clean engine, good gas milage, stick"

Cons: "130K, tires, shocks, inside broken plastic"

i have more photos

"I love this lil gem of a car. Silver is the best color you can get cuz it doesn't show dirt, for a while. i drove this car 107k miles. from 2007 to 2015 and it still runs as new. Why? Because of the maintenance ive kept. I have a portfolio of the maintenance, not a lot of people do that or can even say that. that car has equity. I hate to get rid of it, but I want to move on. you see im a LYFT and an UBER driver now and need to upgrade. this car would be good for a college student, that can drive stick. just to get around in in California, a car like this is definitely needed. So whoever winds-up with my lil gem, a cute/awesome, great fun and another 100k mile left on the car and then some, and will receive the maintenance portfolio."

i have more photos

Good Reliable Car

By on Sunday, June 22, 2014

Pros: "Reliable."

Cons: "Paint job could have been better."

"I bought this car new in 2007 and have basically had no issues at all with it. The original brakes lasted too long actually so that they had trouble removing them at around 100,000 miles (I'm easy on the car). Not happy with the squeaky replacements though. The car has always started for me, the air has always worked, the radio worked. Mileage has been good. Seats are pretty comfortable and the ride isn't bad for being such a small vehicle. Only problem I had was if I turned the ignition off and moved the steering wheel at the same time, I would have trouble restarting it, so make sure your hands are off the steering wheel when you turn it off. Still, it only took a little pulling on the wheel to get the ignition to turn. Paint job could have been better I think."

Great used car buy

By on Sunday, August 04, 2013

Pros: "Price, value, interior,great car"

Cons: "I bit of road noise"

"After spending weeks on looking for a new car that would be great for my 50 mile a day commute to work I found a used 2008 Corolla and very very pleased with it. I have been looking at new 2013 cars and deciding do I really want a 300 or more a month car payment? Answer NO! I found this Corolla on the used car lot of a dealer. It has 40,000 miles and the carfax checked out and found evidence of regular maintence reciepts. I recieved financing at my local credit union and got a great interest rate and my payment 190 a month. I could not go wrong with that. The car is comfortable and gets great gas mileage. Has power windows,locks,mirrors, key fob to lock unlock. Just overall a great car. Runs great has lots of power for passing.Not sluggish at all. I recommend this car if your looking for a second vehicle."

My 4th Corolla. My first was the 1978 Liftback.

By on Monday, July 02, 2012

Pros: "Reliability! Style!"

Cons: "Beware of scare tactics regarding repairs..."

"Manual 5 speed. Dark grey, this 2003 sedan has AC, CD and tape-player, new battery... Have never had any serious mechanical problems. So reliable that I bought another."

reliability plus

By on Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pros: "great car for the price"

Cons: "head lights should shine out a bit farther"

"We purchased this car brand new. She has given us nothing but the best service and reliability. On long trips we get 37mpg's @75mph."

Babs

By on Monday, February 07, 2011

"My 2006 Corolla S, (Babs) has been nothing but reliable and I couldn't think of life without her. I have driven a 2010 VW Beetle, Chevrolet Aveo and a 2011 Nissan Altima, all were newer with less miles, but none compared. The Chevy had no pick up, not like the Corolla and where the Nissan was speedy, the styling was unpleasing and lacks visibility. Plus it was very large for a mid-sized sedan. The Beetle was fun, but too small for practicality and not very comfortable.. Sure I may be biased, but my car was the perfect size and has all the performance for what I want and need from it. My Toyota Corolla S has been great for road trips and just getting me to work on time, she's never had any mechanical issues that were not usual for the year/mileage. She's been hit twice, but keeps on ticking. I couldn't be happier with my purchase, it was inexpensive then, still worth a lot now and I don't think I'll need a new car for many, many years to come."

My first love 2005/LE

By on Thursday, January 07, 2010

"It's a zippy car. I now have 191,000 and it still drives awsome. But it will only do this for you with love and good maintance care. It drives great in all kinds of weather. It's a bulldozer in the snow. No kidding. The things I have replaced since brand new purchase is the AC condensor and AC compressor, belt, struts/shocks, brakes/tires, and O2 sensor. Would buy this car again, but not sure about the newer style yet."

Get it and forget it

By on Saturday, December 05, 2009

"My favorite cars have always been the ones I didn't have to fix a lot. After 2 years and 25,000 miles I think this will fall into that category. Value: I paid 14,900 for this 08 LE automatic and KBB says it's still worth 13,600 private party. Reliability: I sold a Corolla to a friend that ended up going over 300,000 miles. This has a ways to go but no issues so far. Quality: Factory tires are sad and will need to be replaced soon. Had an air leak in lower windshield out of the box. This caused a whistle when driving into wind. Dearlership cheerfully fixed...really like my Toy dealer. Performance: Very adequate for an economy car and quiet. Consistently get 33 MPG in mixed driving. Styling: This is subjective but the Corolla is not gonna win a beauty contest. Comfort: Very good for a small car with a decent ride but a noticable difference between this and my wife's Camry. Once again very quiet for a small car. Summary: This is a nice driving, economical that holds it's value and should be very reliable."

Corolla - No doubts it is a hit

By on Friday, November 20, 2009

"Back in 2004 I bought a Corolla and a Murano. The Murano was almost twice as much as the Corolla. Almost 6 years later, I still have both of them and although the Murano is a great car, more confortable, more spacious, more elegant, there is something about my simple Toyota Corolla that is hard to explain... you simple feel it, it is pure reliability, you turn it on and it is exactly like when I bought it 5plus years ago. That was a great buy! Thanks Toyota."

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2008

"Great vehicle. Bought new in 2003. We have over 120,000 miles and still running good.Wife drove for first 3 years and last 2 years our daughter has driven 3 days a week and 30 miles one way to college.We purchased a 2009 corolla in May of 2008. The 2003 gets about 3 miles per gallon better gas mileage than the 2009.Wife likes the clock location better in the 2003 model.The 2009 is a little more roomier.If the 2009 serves us as well as the 2003 we will most likely purchase another corolla in the future."

Best return

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2008

"I sold my mercedes s500 and got a corolla 2006 LE with all the options. Paid a little over $20500 including a 7 year 100,000 mile waranty. I just put 30000 miles on this car. My services include oil changes, air filters replacement and tire balance rotation. To date I spend less than $500 on service. I replaced my winshield for under $150. My city / highway consumption is at 32 mpg. Plenty of space even for a COSTCO run."

Great reliable car

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2008

"best for everyday car...owned mine for 3 yrs had problem with starter at 100,000 mi and caralyc converter at 110,000. right now 128,000 mi still driving good..."

EXCELENT CAR

By on Sunday, September 09, 2007

"As my first personal purchase, the Corolla is the epitome of Toyota. Great price, amazing quality, more than reasonable interior room, and fantastic gas millage. The only comment I have that even leans to negative is the lack of styling options on the CE and LE models. This really isn't a problem though because the look of the Corolla is pretty sleek for an economy car. Please note when I purchased this car it was used with 24,000 miles on it already. In the year and a half I've owned this car I've driven to from Phoenix, AZ to Orange, CA, Las Vegas, and Dallas, TX and haven't had a single problem with it. I've only taken it into the dealer for regular oil changes and checkup, and not once was there a problem. I give this car a two thumbs up, 5 star rating, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a low cost four door sedan."

GREAT OVERALL CAR

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2007

""The car is really great, nice looks and handling, fun to drive, spacious inside. I totally recommend this car." I almost forgot 40MPG!!!!"

LOVE this car, would keep forever

By on Saturday, January 03, 2015

Pros: "great value and very reliable"

Cons: "bit noisy, especially on highway"

"Bought this car new and it has always been dependable, fun to drive, great mpg and an excellent value. I hope it goes another 100K! Done nothing but routine maintenance."

Great car and best value!

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Pros: "great price, low maintenance, great gas milage"

Cons: "I can't think of any!"

"I love my 2006 Toyota Corolla. It has great gas milage and rides comfortably for my 40 minute commute back and forth to work. It has NEVER let me sitting along the road. I have always taken this car in to be serviced at its scheduled time. The air conditioning and heater in this car is awesome. It air con. can cool you off in a few minutes! The most expensive repair I have ever had on this car was replacing the tires. It has held its value and I really hate to part with it! :("

Been a fantastic car 11 years and going.

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, turning, parking, price"

Cons: "seats, front leg room"

"I owned this car from purchase in 2003. I replaced the O2 sensor twice, my biggest gripe about the car. My rating is based upon the price range compared to similar autos. I do not give lower numbers because it was a cheaper car. It has run fantastic for years. I still get 40 mpg and I have lost a little power in the engine. I go through a little oil, but it does not drip or blow oil out the exhaust. It can have a little better seat quality to it since I have had numerous back surgeries. This car has been fantastic and I might fix the oil issue in the old engine, then give it to my Niece for She wants it now. I would rate this for any one that wants great gas mileage for themselves or a family member."

Best car ever -- Corollas are best

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "Great price, reliability, handles well"

Cons: "Pretty basic but fun"

"I have owned 2 Corollas -- a 1994 and a 2008 and have always felt safe never worrying about breaking down. Reliable, basic, great ride. Next car will be a Corolla or Camry."

Great car

By on Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, fun to drive, pretty nimble"

Cons: "Seriously, can't think of any,"

"I purchased this car from Hertz about 10 years ago, it had 25k on it. I have put 100k on it myself,and have only had it in the shop, for anything other than maintenance, once. (Oxygen sensor problem). I love this little guy, reliable, looks good, fits me like a glove. Additionally it has a lot of trunk room for a small car. I have other more expensive vehicles, but I find myself hopping in my Corolla more often than not. I am looking to get at least 200k out of this guy. If you need transportation and can find one of these that has been maintained, buy it."

2007 Toyota Corolla - a great car

By on Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pros: "Complete reliability"

The right side is far worse.

"This review may be a eulogy. I truly hope it is not, however. I was in a serious accident with my 2007 Corolla on Sunday 8 Sep. I was hit by a BMW 700 on my left side, which pushed me into the path of a BMW SUV, which hit me on my right side. The Corolla sustained considerable damage, but what is important is this: my wife, my dog and I came away without a scratch. The Corolla sustained less damage than the BMW SUV. I am now awaiting the report from the adjuster, and I truly wish he will not total the car. If I can, I will gladly have it repaired and use it for many years to come. I am a maintenance fanatic, I must admit, but the 2007 Toyota Corolla is such a great car that I am happy to keep it in top shape."

The right side is far worse.

Very reliable transportation.

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "reliable, inexpensive to own and operate."

Cons: "better grade exterior paint."

"Over my lifetime (66 yrs.)I have purchased 5 new vehicles. This Corolla has been the most safe, reliable one out of the 5. With normal maintance and driving performance, it has never left me stranded. Normal repairs, when needed, have been quick and in-expensive. Due to the reliablity factor, I would trade for another Corolla."

Very reliable

By on Thursday, July 05, 2012

Pros: "reliable, low maintenance, great gas mileage"

Cons: "style, too small for family, no extras here"

"5 years, 135,000 miles on it, never any problems. have only had to perform routine maintenance (oil changes, new tires, new filters). i drive an hr to work and an hr home everyday and the corolla is great on gas and so reliable. it has fit my needs very well considering how much i drive. i feel like i paid too much for it, part of that is on me though. most people get burned at least once buying a car. another thing, i bought this car new, the first hub cap came off within the first month of me owning it, the second within a couple months. and toyota wants $50 for 1 hubcap!!! no thanks, i drive my car without them. the car is not for style, but for convenience / gas mileage. it will still be drivable with another 100K miles on it..."