2004 Toyota Corolla

Based on 1391 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Good looking, long lasting reliable car!

By on Saturday, June 25, 2016

Pros: "Excellent price, smooth drive, very dependable."

Cons: "Cheap storage areas, poor paint job."

"I have had this car for nearly 5 years now. I bought it with 70,000 miles on it and have driven it to 130,000 now. The gas mileage is fantastic, it's a very comfortable car to ride in and to drive (as long as there are only 4 people). The backseat can get cramped with 3 people, but that's to be expected with a smaller sedan like this. The biggest thing for me has been it's reliability. I have had no major issues with the car other than a bad paint job. The clear coat started to wear off about 6 or 7 months ago and has now begun to rust VERY heavily. I am having my roof and hood both repainted next week because I plan on driving the car for at least another two years. Not a huge deal, but it is pretty frustrating. Mechanically, there have been no issues what-so-ever. Just typical maintenance! I recommend this car to anyone looking for a VERY affordable, reliable, and comfortable small sedan."

My 4th Corolla. My first was the 1978 Liftback.

By on Monday, July 2, 2012

Pros: "Reliability! Style!"

Cons: "Beware of scare tactics regarding repairs..."

"Manual 5 speed. Dark grey, this 2003 sedan has AC, CD and tape-player, new battery... Have never had any serious mechanical problems. So reliable that I bought another."

reliability plus

By on Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pros: "great car for the price"

Cons: "head lights should shine out a bit farther"

"We purchased this car brand new. She has given us nothing but the best service and reliability. On long trips we get 37mpg's @75mph."

Babs

By on Monday, February 7, 2011

"My 2006 Corolla S, (Babs) has been nothing but reliable and I couldn't think of life without her. I have driven a 2010 VW Beetle, Chevrolet Aveo and a 2011 Nissan Altima, all were newer with less miles, but none compared. The Chevy had no pick up, not like the Corolla and where the Nissan was speedy, the styling was unpleasing and lacks visibility. Plus it was very large for a mid-sized sedan. The Beetle was fun, but too small for practicality and not very comfortable.. Sure I may be biased, but my car was the perfect size and has all the performance for what I want and need from it. My Toyota Corolla S has been great for road trips and just getting me to work on time, she's never had any mechanical issues that were not usual for the year/mileage. She's been hit twice, but keeps on ticking. I couldn't be happier with my purchase, it was inexpensive then, still worth a lot now and I don't think I'll need a new car for many, many years to come."

Get it and forget it

By on Saturday, December 5, 2009

"My favorite cars have always been the ones I didn't have to fix a lot. After 2 years and 25,000 miles I think this will fall into that category. Value: I paid 14,900 for this 08 LE automatic and KBB says it's still worth 13,600 private party. Reliability: I sold a Corolla to a friend that ended up going over 300,000 miles. This has a ways to go but no issues so far. Quality: Factory tires are sad and will need to be replaced soon. Had an air leak in lower windshield out of the box. This caused a whistle when driving into wind. Dearlership cheerfully fixed...really like my Toy dealer. Performance: Very adequate for an economy car and quiet. Consistently get 33 MPG in mixed driving. Styling: This is subjective but the Corolla is not gonna win a beauty contest. Comfort: Very good for a small car with a decent ride but a noticable difference between this and my wife's Camry. Once again very quiet for a small car. Summary: This is a nice driving, economical that holds it's value and should be very reliable."