2004 Toyota Corolla

Based on 1359 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Best car ever -- Corollas are best

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "Great price, reliability, handles well"

Cons: "Pretty basic but fun"

"I have owned 2 Corollas -- a 1994 and a 2008 and have always felt safe never worrying about breaking down. Reliable, basic, great ride. Next car will be a Corolla or Camry."

Great car

By on Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, fun to drive, pretty nimble"

Cons: "Seriously, can't think of any,"

"I purchased this car from Hertz about 10 years ago, it had 25k on it. I have put 100k on it myself,and have only had it in the shop, for anything other than maintenance, once. (Oxygen sensor problem). I love this little guy, reliable, looks good, fits me like a glove. Additionally it has a lot of trunk room for a small car. I have other more expensive vehicles, but I find myself hopping in my Corolla more often than not. I am looking to get at least 200k out of this guy. If you need transportation and can find one of these that has been maintained, buy it."

2007 Toyota Corolla - a great car

By on Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pros: "Complete reliability"

The right side is far worse.

"This review may be a eulogy. I truly hope it is not, however. I was in a serious accident with my 2007 Corolla on Sunday 8 Sep. I was hit by a BMW 700 on my left side, which pushed me into the path of a BMW SUV, which hit me on my right side. The Corolla sustained considerable damage, but what is important is this: my wife, my dog and I came away without a scratch. The Corolla sustained less damage than the BMW SUV. I am now awaiting the report from the adjuster, and I truly wish he will not total the car. If I can, I will gladly have it repaired and use it for many years to come. I am a maintenance fanatic, I must admit, but the 2007 Toyota Corolla is such a great car that I am happy to keep it in top shape."

The right side is far worse.

Very reliable transportation.

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "reliable, inexpensive to own and operate."

Cons: "better grade exterior paint."

"Over my lifetime (66 yrs.)I have purchased 5 new vehicles. This Corolla has been the most safe, reliable one out of the 5. With normal maintance and driving performance, it has never left me stranded. Normal repairs, when needed, have been quick and in-expensive. Due to the reliablity factor, I would trade for another Corolla."

Very reliable

By on Thursday, July 05, 2012

Pros: "reliable, low maintenance, great gas mileage"

Cons: "style, too small for family, no extras here"

"5 years, 135,000 miles on it, never any problems. have only had to perform routine maintenance (oil changes, new tires, new filters). i drive an hr to work and an hr home everyday and the corolla is great on gas and so reliable. it has fit my needs very well considering how much i drive. i feel like i paid too much for it, part of that is on me though. most people get burned at least once buying a car. another thing, i bought this car new, the first hub cap came off within the first month of me owning it, the second within a couple months. and toyota wants $50 for 1 hubcap!!! no thanks, i drive my car without them. the car is not for style, but for convenience / gas mileage. it will still be drivable with another 100K miles on it..."

Best sedan I've ever owned

By on Monday, May 21, 2012

Pros: "Fun, fun, fun"

Cons: "None. I just need more cargo space."

"I drive long distances 5-6 times/year. My Corolla is comfortable, reliable, and a thoroughly enjoyable ride. Seats are adjustable to my comfort level. It's great on gas. It is easy to maneuver on the highway or in heavy traffic."

I LOVE IT!!!

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "great price, keeps better value than others"

"This is the best car ever!!! Bought it new. Have never had any problem with it. 210,000 and still going strong!!!"

Excelent Vehicle

By on Monday, April 28, 2008

"I have owned this vehicle for 11 months and have had no problems what so ever. the best fuel mileage I have ever had. recently made a 650 mile trip and averaged 38.4 mpg. very comfortable for a small car."

My Corolla S type

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2007

"I have a 2008 Toyota Corolla S type, and overall it was a great investment! I feel completly confident I dont have to worry about my car for a very long time. I believe in Toyota And would own nothing else!!!! I know this car will last me along time 8 years if not more!! The greatest thing about that is all I have to do is drive it with common sense, and change the oil, and I am golden and will always arrive where intended!!! I would definitly tell everyone I know to go TOYOTA!! The initial price maybe a bit higher, but you get what you pay for!! Now, on another note, I do have some minor detail problems with the corolla!!! Toyota needs to improve some comfort issues inside the corolla. I love the space inside, its large for a compact sedan. Fits four very perfectly with extra room! However, the seat need to be more comfortable not so stiff and more hugging of the passengers! and in the S type, I would not mind paying for Leather and a higher powered engine like at least a 2.4 liter?????? How bout putting an alarm on these as well???? Plus, the controls need to be more accessible, Like having steering wheel controls???? But, these issues do not keep me from enjoying My S type, I love it, just hoping in bout 4 or 5 years when I will probably be ready to trade this one in, they will have added some more upgrades and I will definitly buy Another one!!!"

Check engine light again

By on Saturday, October 20, 2007

"After about 500 mi. the check engine light came on. about every third time the car is cranked the light would go off. After about 4 trips to the dealerships service department, it was determined that the VVT actuator was faulty. The service tech said there is a tech service bulliten out for model years 05 06 07 and they expect one to be out for the 2008 for replacement of an internal engine part in the same area as the actuator that causes similar problems. I will probably keep the car until the warranty is up, but I find myself constantly glancing over to see if the check engine light is on or about to come on. I just don't thrust this vehicle nor do I feel comfortable recommending it to anyone,"