2004 Toyota Corolla

Based on 1358 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Get it and forget it

By on Saturday, December 05, 2009

"My favorite cars have always been the ones I didn't have to fix a lot. After 2 years and 25,000 miles I think this will fall into that category. Value: I paid 14,900 for this 08 LE automatic and KBB says it's still worth 13,600 private party. Reliability: I sold a Corolla to a friend that ended up going over 300,000 miles. This has a ways to go but no issues so far. Quality: Factory tires are sad and will need to be replaced soon. Had an air leak in lower windshield out of the box. This caused a whistle when driving into wind. Dearlership cheerfully fixed...really like my Toy dealer. Performance: Very adequate for an economy car and quiet. Consistently get 33 MPG in mixed driving. Styling: This is subjective but the Corolla is not gonna win a beauty contest. Comfort: Very good for a small car with a decent ride but a noticable difference between this and my wife's Camry. Once again very quiet for a small car. Summary: This is a nice driving, economical that holds it's value and should be very reliable."

Corolla - No doubts it is a hit

By on Friday, November 20, 2009

"Back in 2004 I bought a Corolla and a Murano. The Murano was almost twice as much as the Corolla. Almost 6 years later, I still have both of them and although the Murano is a great car, more confortable, more spacious, more elegant, there is something about my simple Toyota Corolla that is hard to explain... you simple feel it, it is pure reliability, you turn it on and it is exactly like when I bought it 5plus years ago. That was a great buy! Thanks Toyota."

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2008

"Great vehicle. Bought new in 2003. We have over 120,000 miles and still running good.Wife drove for first 3 years and last 2 years our daughter has driven 3 days a week and 30 miles one way to college.We purchased a 2009 corolla in May of 2008. The 2003 gets about 3 miles per gallon better gas mileage than the 2009.Wife likes the clock location better in the 2003 model.The 2009 is a little more roomier.If the 2009 serves us as well as the 2003 we will most likely purchase another corolla in the future."

Best return

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2008

"I sold my mercedes s500 and got a corolla 2006 LE with all the options. Paid a little over $20500 including a 7 year 100,000 mile waranty. I just put 30000 miles on this car. My services include oil changes, air filters replacement and tire balance rotation. To date I spend less than $500 on service. I replaced my winshield for under $150. My city / highway consumption is at 32 mpg. Plenty of space even for a COSTCO run."

Great reliable car

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2008

"best for everyday car...owned mine for 3 yrs had problem with starter at 100,000 mi and caralyc converter at 110,000. right now 128,000 mi still driving good..."

EXCELENT CAR

By on Sunday, September 09, 2007

"As my first personal purchase, the Corolla is the epitome of Toyota. Great price, amazing quality, more than reasonable interior room, and fantastic gas millage. The only comment I have that even leans to negative is the lack of styling options on the CE and LE models. This really isn't a problem though because the look of the Corolla is pretty sleek for an economy car. Please note when I purchased this car it was used with 24,000 miles on it already. In the year and a half I've owned this car I've driven to from Phoenix, AZ to Orange, CA, Las Vegas, and Dallas, TX and haven't had a single problem with it. I've only taken it into the dealer for regular oil changes and checkup, and not once was there a problem. I give this car a two thumbs up, 5 star rating, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a low cost four door sedan."

GREAT OVERALL CAR

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2007

""The car is really great, nice looks and handling, fun to drive, spacious inside. I totally recommend this car." I almost forgot 40MPG!!!!"

LOVE this car, would keep forever

By on Saturday, January 03, 2015

Pros: "great value and very reliable"

Cons: "bit noisy, especially on highway"

"Bought this car new and it has always been dependable, fun to drive, great mpg and an excellent value. I hope it goes another 100K! Done nothing but routine maintenance."

Great car and best value!

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Pros: "great price, low maintenance, great gas milage"

Cons: "I can't think of any!"

"I love my 2006 Toyota Corolla. It has great gas milage and rides comfortably for my 40 minute commute back and forth to work. It has NEVER let me sitting along the road. I have always taken this car in to be serviced at its scheduled time. The air conditioning and heater in this car is awesome. It air con. can cool you off in a few minutes! The most expensive repair I have ever had on this car was replacing the tires. It has held its value and I really hate to part with it! :("

Been a fantastic car 11 years and going.

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, turning, parking, price"

Cons: "seats, front leg room"

"I owned this car from purchase in 2003. I replaced the O2 sensor twice, my biggest gripe about the car. My rating is based upon the price range compared to similar autos. I do not give lower numbers because it was a cheaper car. It has run fantastic for years. I still get 40 mpg and I have lost a little power in the engine. I go through a little oil, but it does not drip or blow oil out the exhaust. It can have a little better seat quality to it since I have had numerous back surgeries. This car has been fantastic and I might fix the oil issue in the old engine, then give it to my Niece for She wants it now. I would rate this for any one that wants great gas mileage for themselves or a family member."