2004 Toyota Corolla

Based on 1350 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

This car saved my life

By on Saturday, February 02, 2013

Pros: "Easy to drive, VERY safe and practical"

"I purchased this car new back in 01/2005. I have never had an issue with this car and had almost 300K miles. The only thing major that happened was I needed a new water pump and timing chain and of course regular oil changes. This past Monday, 01/24/2013, my daughter and I were involved in a MAJOR car accident; both air bags were deployed and the entire engine folded. The police, EMT, and other first responders kept saying "your car did what it was supposed to do and it saved your life". I would recommend this car to the world, if only other cars were made as perfectly as this one, I think there would be more saved lives in car accidents."

Excellent Little Commuter, even OK for long trips.

By on Saturday, May 02, 2015

Pros: "Reliability, fit / finish, MPG, overall qulity"

Cons: "None. Solid car from a one-owner family."

"For the record, while I am the 3rd owner, I KNOW this car. My aunt was the original owner, my mom was the second and I am now the third. I know it has been maintained, but not religiously (i.e. regular oil changes but 6K intervals instead of 3K etcetera)... I have had this car for 4 years now and I use it regularly as my daily commuter. I still get a solid 30 MPG combined driving. I also have used it for multiple road trips with a family of 4 between CO / MO and between CO / AZ. While not nearly as comfortable as my Acura MDX, no trip was uncomfortable... The reliability has been incredible. The only road related issue was shortly after I bought it from my mom and we went from CO to AZ for a family vacation... Well, right before Crater Monument in AZ, the A/C slowed WAY down, almost to the point on not working. We enjoyed Crater Monument but we were lucky to find a shop right off the highway in Flagstaff open and they discovered that A), the interior air filter had never been changed (incredibly restricting air flow), and B), the A/C freon needed recharging. 90 minutes and $120 later, we were on our way, cool as cucumbers... Was that a design or reliability issue? NO! It was a mom and an aunt driving a car in AZ and CO heat / cold without ever changing cabin air filter, thus placing MUCH added pressure on AC unit. Is this a super comfy car? Well, no. That said, it's certainly not uncomfortable; its utilitarian. Its more comfy (both interior and ride) than my wife's '07 Honda Fit and my 2000 F-250 Super Duty, but its not nearly as comfy as my '03 Acura MDX, but hey, its not designed to be. Exterior has a little paint sealer flaking, but for its age and its lifetime in AZ / CO, that is to be expected. Considering it was never garaged until I purchased it, its actually pretty impressive. Interior? Effective, clean, comfy and QUALITY... This car has ZERO rattles, ZERO defects and is as quiet today as it was 11 years ago. Fantastic. While I LOVE Honda and Acura, I will submit that my experience leads me to believe that Toyota has a slight interior quality edge. No black eye for Honda, but Toyota's have (for me) been a little more solid that Honda's in my experience. Final summary: Excellent car. My son will be driving it in 3 years (unless I give him the MDX), MPG fantastic, reliability is bullet proof, comfort is good, fit and finish is excellent, interior is clean, simple and easy... Driving attitude is vanilla but I mean that as a compliment. I mean, its a Corolla not a 911 4S or BMW 5, you know? I would highly recommend this little car for commuting, running kids to kung fu / gymnastics, grocery getting and mid-distance (900-1200 miles) family travel. Great little car."

no worries car

By on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pros: "mileage, reliability, mechanical soundness,comfort"

Cons: "missed having electric doors and windows...."

"great mileage- no mechanical breaks- strictly maintenance for 245K miles - never stranded me- what other car can say all of that? Would buy another just like it but this one is still going strong. computer reset had a minor glitch."

SPORTY GAS-MISER

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"This is a well built car. It looks sporty in a smart way. It has good acceleration and handles well. It 's relatively inexpensive. It holds its value well. Best of all between 30 and 40 MPG"

Awesome Gas Mileage

By on Friday, June 08, 2007

"This is our 3rd Corolla. We have gotten up to 40 mpg with this car. Love it!"