2004 Toyota Corolla

Based on 1333 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Excellent Little Commuter, even OK for long trips.

By on Saturday, May 02, 2015

Pros: "Reliability, fit / finish, MPG, overall qulity"

Cons: "None. Solid car from a one-owner family."

"For the record, while I am the 3rd owner, I KNOW this car. My aunt was the original owner, my mom was the second and I am now the third. I know it has been maintained, but not religiously (i.e. regular oil changes but 6K intervals instead of 3K etcetera)... I have had this car for 4 years now and I use it regularly as my daily commuter. I still get a solid 30 MPG combined driving. I also have used it for multiple road trips with a family of 4 between CO / MO and between CO / AZ. While not nearly as comfortable as my Acura MDX, no trip was uncomfortable... The reliability has been incredible. The only road related issue was shortly after I bought it from my mom and we went from CO to AZ for a family vacation... Well, right before Crater Monument in AZ, the A/C slowed WAY down, almost to the point on not working. We enjoyed Crater Monument but we were lucky to find a shop right off the highway in Flagstaff open and they discovered that A), the interior air filter had never been changed (incredibly restricting air flow), and B), the A/C freon needed recharging. 90 minutes and $120 later, we were on our way, cool as cucumbers... Was that a design or reliability issue? NO! It was a mom and an aunt driving a car in AZ and CO heat / cold without ever changing cabin air filter, thus placing MUCH added pressure on AC unit. Is this a super comfy car? Well, no. That said, it's certainly not uncomfortable; its utilitarian. Its more comfy (both interior and ride) than my wife's '07 Honda Fit and my 2000 F-250 Super Duty, but its not nearly as comfy as my '03 Acura MDX, but hey, its not designed to be. Exterior has a little paint sealer flaking, but for its age and its lifetime in AZ / CO, that is to be expected. Considering it was never garaged until I purchased it, its actually pretty impressive. Interior? Effective, clean, comfy and QUALITY... This car has ZERO rattles, ZERO defects and is as quiet today as it was 11 years ago. Fantastic. While I LOVE Honda and Acura, I will submit that my experience leads me to believe that Toyota has a slight interior quality edge. No black eye for Honda, but Toyota's have (for me) been a little more solid that Honda's in my experience. Final summary: Excellent car. My son will be driving it in 3 years (unless I give him the MDX), MPG fantastic, reliability is bullet proof, comfort is good, fit and finish is excellent, interior is clean, simple and easy... Driving attitude is vanilla but I mean that as a compliment. I mean, its a Corolla not a 911 4S or BMW 5, you know? I would highly recommend this little car for commuting, running kids to kung fu / gymnastics, grocery getting and mid-distance (900-1200 miles) family travel. Great little car."

Very Reliable! Car will outlast you!

By on Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Pros: "great gas mileage, dependable, low maintenance"

Cons: "No cons! Would have loved a multi-disk CD changer."

"I have been having my 2008 Toyota Corolla since May 2009. It was bought with 40,000 miles on it. This car has been very dependable and has never given me any major problems in the 6 years that I have had it. It is great on gas mileage. I have only had to keep up with maintenance such as oil changes, tires, one new battery, new front brakes as needed. It has never fallen dead on me, and now has over 160,000 miles on it. It is still rolling, even after multiple 10 hour road trips, and lots of driving. I am going to keep this car even when I get another, and I highly recommend it to anyone. My cousin bought a new Toyota Corolla recently after my recommendation, and she loves hers as well."

very nice dependable car with low mileage

By on Thursday, April 23, 2015

Pros: "A zippy car with low miles"

Cons: "not much leg room in the back passenger seats."

"I have owned this car for 8 yrs. and only put 27,000 easy miles. It is in excellent condition in my opinion and very clean. Non-smoker! If you want a dependable new looking low mileage car this is the one!"

Always needing coil packs and spark plugs

By on Monday, April 20, 2015

Pros: "great gas mileage (better than some hybrids)"

Cons: "coil packs replaced every 6 months, small"

"We have had to replace the coil packs every six months since we got it. None of the mechanics we've been to know why. Although, they do say our car is the only Corolla they've seen require this many coil pack replacements. Other than that, we love the gas mileage. It is roomier than most small cars. Well thought out interior, even in our no bells or whistles car. Never a problem with the heat or air. Good for a small family if you can manage to buy one that doesn't need this many coil packs. By the way, there are 4 coil packs at 100 dollars a piece and when one goes out they all need to be replaced. So, yeah, good luck!"

No current issues, Wheels should be rebalanced.

By on Tuesday, April 07, 2015

"Good reliable car for my wife."