2003 Toyota Corolla

Based on 1339 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

This is a great little car

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "fun, great gas mileage, cute"

"I have had my car for 4 years and have never had a problem with it. It is dependable and gets me where I need to be no matter how bad the weather is. It drives better in the snow that some SUV's. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a fuel efficient fun car."

nearly 100k with no problems ..... ever

By on Monday, January 30, 2012

Pros: "best car in this price range"

Cons: "maybe road noise?"

"I have 95K with regular service work I have never had any problems. Great car.... I still get over 30mpg ciy/hwy."

Greatest Car Ever for Value

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "Price, value, low maintenance"

"I have over 200,000 miles on my car and it runs like its two years old when in fact it is eight years old. Mechanics estimate that I can easliy put another 100k-150k miles on the car. The most work I've had done on the car was recently when I replaced the catalyst converter at a cost of $250.00 for labor and parts. All other repairs (e.g. new battery, spark plug replacement, brake pades, new tires etc) were standard replacements. I plan to either get the same car or trade up to a Toyota Camry Hybrid. I've been able to get the price of 2 cars in 1!"

PrePaid 7 Yr/100,000 Warranty 55000 Mls Service

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable, Quiet, Safe"

"A well-designed, super car to drive and be a passenger in. Really comfortable on long drives, good acceleration, easy cruising. Good visibility, easy steering, good braking, convenient controls, 6 CD changer has good sound reproduction, lots of trunk space, split-folding rear seats, great gas mileage. Just under 25000 miles on the clock and drives really well. Pre-paid car care plan for service (Last paid service is 54989 miles - per the booklet) and Platinum 7 year/100,000 miles Mechanical Failure Service Contract from Fidelity Warranty Services"

Can't go wrong

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pros: "Reliable and fuel efficient"

"When you want a reliable vehicle that gets great gas mileage, you have to go with a corolla. The resale value is great too. For all those people who drive other makes and models that lose all their money to depreciation and auto repairs i feel sorry. My car costs me almost nothing."

The Best Car Man Has Ever Made

By on Monday, June 13, 2011

Pros: "reliable, looks sharp, great investment"

"I have owned this car for 7 years. Over the past 147,000 miles it has been in the shop ZERO times. Not once did it sputter, not once did it leave me stranded on the side of the road, not once did it hesitate to start. We have two children and it can get a little crowded on vacations with a trunk full of luggage, but at 40 mpg who cares! Change the fluids and filters, and this car will treat you like gold!"

best car i've ever had

By on Friday, March 06, 2009

"I have had this car for 4 years, drove it several times across the country it has 98,000 miles on it and i have never had to have anything fixed, i just take it in for regular oil changes and maintainance that the dealer recommends . love it, love it, i plan on buying another corolla."

solid car

By on Friday, October 31, 2008

"39,000 miles, ony interior problems so far- drawer door keeps opening, central console door cracked. Mileage about 29mpg in the city, 31mpg on the highway. I plan to change tires this month, they are already bald. The sunroof misses wind deflector, so it's very noisy inside when the sunroof is open. Nice, smooth and responsive ride, a lot of interior space."

Great Car But Different Tires Hold Road Better

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2008

"Got a new 06 Corrolla in 2005 and gas mileage has been amazing. Have had no technical problems to speak of and I am at 61,000 miles. However the original stock tires were not all that great and made the car feel unstable at times. Put on new goodyears and it really has enhanced the entire performance of the car. Also the CD player does not like the last 10 min on CDs that are more than 70 min long. When it gets to the final 10 minutes of the disc skipping and clicking can be heard. My advice is this is a great buy but without non stock tires car feels unstable at times. Maybe a new stereo as well."

Best value

By on Friday, January 04, 2008

"Combined city and highway miles for my '03 is 27 mpg. Not a lot of room inside if your a big person. 2003 model has glued down vinyl on top of door panels just above arm rest which will bubble up from lack of glue and the effects of the hot sun. 2004 models have molded plastic on door panel tops which doesn't peel. When you turn the defroster knob to on in the 2004 model, the air recirculating button pops out to let outside air into the car. This is bad if you are behind a truck hauling pigs or cattle! The 2003 model does not allow outside air in, in the defrost mode. All in all the cars are very dependable. Last Toyota I sold had 285,000 miles on it!"

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2007

"This is the most reliable car we've ever had. My 6'5" husband even fits comfortably in it."

Sleeper Corolla

By on Sunday, December 02, 2007

"I always like having something a little different. The XRS model is just that. Only approx. 5,000 were made in 2005. Most all people think it's a regular Corolla with not much power. I have surprised MANY drivers on the streets! This thing will move when you wind it out. The seats are supportive. The ride is a little hard, but, it does handle well. The steering is too light.. needs more feel. Fit, finish, dependability--- all Toyota! I get between 28 and 31 mpg. on city streets. More than I expected. Inside info. that Toyota won't tell you. The 91 octane fuel requirement is NOT a requirement. It's for the engine to put out the best performance. 89 octane will run fine and NOT hurt this engine. The computer will adjust to the octane. This is from the Toyota technical representative. If you do some reading, it says, "for optimal performance 91 octane is advised." Great value for the money."

Great on Gas, BUT...

By on Monday, November 05, 2007

"The body frame and paint are very fragile and not sturdy. It chips and dents very easily. Also Can use minor improvements on having a larger sun visor and having a shorter setting for the window wiper blades."

Decent car

By on Thursday, September 20, 2007

"I have the S model, decent 6 speaker/6 cd system, simple but nice styling inside and out. I average 28-30 mpg hwy, not the 41 hwy advertised. I am 6'3" and after 6 months I have just about outgrown this car. For someone shorter and lighter this car would be awesome. No power, but what do you expect from a Corolla. The paint has chipped in a few places and dealer blamed it on rocks and not cheap paint. I have had 2 "no-start conditions", but started up both times immediately afterwards. I would reccomend this car to someone smaller than I, cant beat the value. Nothing fancy, just a good commuter car. The front passenger's legroom and recline position disappear with an infant car seat in the rear, so something to think about if you have a newborn."

Best car for the money hands down!

By on Saturday, September 08, 2007

"Purchased it new in April 05 and the only work this car has ever needed was an O2 sensor at 44K and I had to reattach the side door molding on both drivers side doors around 60K. If you don't listen to the radio you may think this car is a touch noisy at highway speeds but I love the tunes so I don't even notice. This car has never stranded me A/C still throws ice cubes at me and has been a champion. It has 81K now and it's not even broken in yet. Still get 34-36 mpg and for its size and engine the acceleration is comparable to anything in its price range. Everything still works and it still rides and looks like the day I bought it. Furthermore Toyota dealer service is so much better than GM. The only way I will get rid of this car is if someone pries the keys out of my cold dead hands."

Good solid car, could be better

By on Sunday, August 26, 2007

"We had a 2005 Corolla with manual transmission. It got good mileage, had plenty of power, very responsive but rolled when my wife braked on a dirt road. The engine died locking up front drive wheels, causing it to go into skid and roll. I was disappointed in its stability in a slow speed skid. We replaced it with 2006 Corolla with automatic. Fuel economy is disappointing compared to manual, also has less power. But at least wheels wont lock up when engine dies. We like the ruggedness and value. It holds up to driving on rough roads, it if will remain in an upright position! Could be better... should have anti-lock brakes standard, could have more comfortable seats, and should not roll over in a slow speed skid."

A hot car with FUN written all over it

By on Friday, August 24, 2007

"I've owned my Corolla S for two years, and purchased it brand new. I have owned three Chevrolets in the past, and their qualities were OK, but I say with confidence that Toyota REALLY knows how to build a great car. I am able to travel from Rochester, NY to Columbus, OH (400 miles) on 10 gallons of gas. The 6 speaker stereo system sounds beautiful. The trunk is huge - two large suitcases along with more cargo can fit. The seats are very comfortable. It has that smooth, quiet ride and feel. It's a hot looking car with the smoked headlight lenses, 15 inch alloys, and rear spoiler. This car depreciates much slower than the average domestic car. Some Corolla owners have been able to comfortably get at least 200,000 miles on one engine. The Corolla may not fit everyone's needs, especially if they have a large family or own a boat or RV. But the Corolla S has FUN written all over it. I honestly cherish my Corolla S and keep a tight grip on it, especially during these days of high fuel prices."

BEST INVESTMENT

By on Friday, July 20, 2007

"My 05 corolla should pay for itself in 6 years with gas savings at 37mpg average versus my old 98 altima at 24mpg average. I also think the corolla looks better and has a better ride. The resale value is much better on toyotas vs. nissans."

By on Monday, July 16, 2007

"In this price range & size vehicle, I find it to be very comfortable, quiet & reliable as were my previous Toyota's. I am exstatic with the gas mileage (35-41 mpg), and it has a fair amount of power if you are willing to step on the throttle and wind it up to 4500 RPM's or so. over all a great car fun to drive. also fairly roomy in front."

Love it!

By on Monday, April 02, 2007

"I absolutely love this car! i have a 2003 and am about to trade it in to get the 2007 model. This is a very reliable car! i have NO complaints!"

This car is great. 40 to 41 mpg all around driving

By on Sunday, October 05, 2014

Pros: "great car. great value. fun to drive."

"So easy to maintain, excellent service. Great car. Sporty. Fun to drive. Amazing gas mileage."

Terrific workhorse of a car! No complaints.

By on Saturday, April 26, 2014

Pros: "Great value and fun to drive."

Cons: "It does not have the latest communication devices."

"The Toyota Corolla LE that I have is a great car. It's comfortable on long trips, it maneuvers well, and it has gone through snow and ice better than my husband's Prius. I love the 5 speed manual transmission. It makes the car feel sporty without the priciness of a sports car. It is now 11 years old and my husband and I are trying to figure whether to replace it or his 2006 Prius (which I also love). It seems the Corolla could last at least 20 years, if not many more. It's in excellent condition with only a couple of very minor car door dings from parking lots. Maintenance has been done exclusively by Toyota until this year when I've been taking it to a closer trusted service place for routine maintenance. The tires, the battery and some belts are the only items that have needed to be replaced, so far."

outstanding auto

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Mpg - comfort - reliable - problem free"

Cons: "No cons"

"No problems 34-37 mpg. - never below 34 Best all around car I've ever owned, and that includes Corvettes to Lincoln's"

Great car choice for working students

By on Monday, February 03, 2014

Pros: "very reliable. cost efficient, fuel efficient"

Cons: "not my first pick"

"The Toyota Corolla S was my first car after high school and was and is still extremely reliable. As a working a student the vehicle was superb in getting me to and from work and school and also taking the occasional road trips (if my mileage did not already hint that) and super great on gas. As long as you take care of the car, the car will take care of you. The car was brand new when I first took out the loan and I have NEVER had a problem and to this day have NEVER had a problem. Even with minor traffic damages (like backing into another car; or another car slightly bumping into you while trying to make a right hand turn and you failed to signal) my car has done wonderful. 10 all the way around!"

Emotional Attachment to my corolla

By on Monday, January 20, 2014

Pros: "affordable price, great gas mileage, faithful car!"

Cons: "basic interior, slight road noise"

"I have a 2007 Toyota Corolla LE and this car has been SOOO faithful to me. I have been thinking about trading it in lately but honestly don't know if I want to part with it yet. It was my first car and I bought it used in 2008. Besides replacing brake pads, a cracked windshield, and hubcaps throughout the years, I have had absolutely NO problems with this car and have kept up on the maintenance (routine oil changes etc.) since I bought it. I recommend the corolla to anyone looking for a reliable car that is great on gas as well. :-)"