2003 Toyota Corolla

Based on 1336 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

This car saved my life

By on Saturday, February 02, 2013

Pros: "Easy to drive, VERY safe and practical"

"I purchased this car new back in 01/2005. I have never had an issue with this car and had almost 300K miles. The only thing major that happened was I needed a new water pump and timing chain and of course regular oil changes. This past Monday, 01/24/2013, my daughter and I were involved in a MAJOR car accident; both air bags were deployed and the entire engine folded. The police, EMT, and other first responders kept saying "your car did what it was supposed to do and it saved your life". I would recommend this car to the world, if only other cars were made as perfectly as this one, I think there would be more saved lives in car accidents."

Excellent power and performance for its size

By on Sunday, September 21, 2014

Pros: "Good performance and low operating cost, enhanced"

Cons: "Small for a family use"

"Very reliable vehicle . I comfortably drive it long distance on highways and it has never been behind new cars. If serviced well , this car can last much longer than similar or other brands . Overall, this car gives highest value for money with reliable performance and low operating cost"

Excellent Little Commuter, even OK for long trips.

By on Saturday, May 02, 2015

Pros: "Reliability, fit / finish, MPG, overall qulity"

Cons: "None. Solid car from a one-owner family."

"For the record, while I am the 3rd owner, I KNOW this car. My aunt was the original owner, my mom was the second and I am now the third. I know it has been maintained, but not religiously (i.e. regular oil changes but 6K intervals instead of 3K etcetera)... I have had this car for 4 years now and I use it regularly as my daily commuter. I still get a solid 30 MPG combined driving. I also have used it for multiple road trips with a family of 4 between CO / MO and between CO / AZ. While not nearly as comfortable as my Acura MDX, no trip was uncomfortable... The reliability has been incredible. The only road related issue was shortly after I bought it from my mom and we went from CO to AZ for a family vacation... Well, right before Crater Monument in AZ, the A/C slowed WAY down, almost to the point on not working. We enjoyed Crater Monument but we were lucky to find a shop right off the highway in Flagstaff open and they discovered that A), the interior air filter had never been changed (incredibly restricting air flow), and B), the A/C freon needed recharging. 90 minutes and $120 later, we were on our way, cool as cucumbers... Was that a design or reliability issue? NO! It was a mom and an aunt driving a car in AZ and CO heat / cold without ever changing cabin air filter, thus placing MUCH added pressure on AC unit. Is this a super comfy car? Well, no. That said, it's certainly not uncomfortable; its utilitarian. Its more comfy (both interior and ride) than my wife's '07 Honda Fit and my 2000 F-250 Super Duty, but its not nearly as comfy as my '03 Acura MDX, but hey, its not designed to be. Exterior has a little paint sealer flaking, but for its age and its lifetime in AZ / CO, that is to be expected. Considering it was never garaged until I purchased it, its actually pretty impressive. Interior? Effective, clean, comfy and QUALITY... This car has ZERO rattles, ZERO defects and is as quiet today as it was 11 years ago. Fantastic. While I LOVE Honda and Acura, I will submit that my experience leads me to believe that Toyota has a slight interior quality edge. No black eye for Honda, but Toyota's have (for me) been a little more solid that Honda's in my experience. Final summary: Excellent car. My son will be driving it in 3 years (unless I give him the MDX), MPG fantastic, reliability is bullet proof, comfort is good, fit and finish is excellent, interior is clean, simple and easy... Driving attitude is vanilla but I mean that as a compliment. I mean, its a Corolla not a 911 4S or BMW 5, you know? I would highly recommend this little car for commuting, running kids to kung fu / gymnastics, grocery getting and mid-distance (900-1200 miles) family travel. Great little car."

no worries car

By on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pros: "mileage, reliability, mechanical soundness,comfort"

Cons: "missed having electric doors and windows...."

"great mileage- no mechanical breaks- strictly maintenance for 245K miles - never stranded me- what other car can say all of that? Would buy another just like it but this one is still going strong. computer reset had a minor glitch."

Could you ask for anything more?

By on Wednesday, December 19, 2007

"I have nothing but good things to say about my Corolla. First off, it is extremely fuel efficient, averaging 30-35 in the city. Secondly, Forbes magazine named it as one of the cheapest vehicles to own of 07'. It is only bested by the Honda Fit...which is marginally cheaper to own. Total Cost of Ownership is LOW. I suppose that it is also worthy to mention that I will never have to change a timing belt...as this vehicle has a permanent timing chain...that lasts the life of the engine. Gotta love it!! This is an all aluminum, highly advanced motor engine... Kudos Toyota!! Power is great, as is comfort and handling. I give it a thumbs up. It also maintains it's resale value very well. People will pay top dollar for this thing, seeing our current fuel prices."

SPORTY GAS-MISER

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"This is a well built car. It looks sporty in a smart way. It has good acceleration and handles well. It 's relatively inexpensive. It holds its value well. Best of all between 30 and 40 MPG"

Awesome Gas Mileage

By on Friday, June 08, 2007

"This is our 3rd Corolla. We have gotten up to 40 mpg with this car. Love it!"

By on Wednesday, May 30, 2007

"This car is great. I love the style...and the ride is super. Only bad report......the window visor hits into the rearview mirror when you need the visor. Needs to be rectified. Had the same thing happen on my Nissan Sentra. Front window defroster is slow in clearing window. Good Car!!!"

Im the 2nd owner, w/23K miles when i bought it.

By on Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Pros: "fun, fast, clean engine, good gas milage, stick"

Cons: "130K, tires, shocks, inside broken plastic"

i have more photos

"I love this lil gem of a car. Silver is the best color you can get cuz it doesn't show dirt, for a while. i drove this car 107k miles. from 2007 to 2015 and it still runs as new. Why? Because of the maintenance ive kept. I have a portfolio of the maintenance, not a lot of people do that or can even say that. that car has equity. I hate to get rid of it, but I want to move on. you see im a LYFT and an UBER driver now and need to upgrade. this car would be good for a college student, that can drive stick. just to get around in in California, a car like this is definitely needed. So whoever winds-up with my lil gem, a cute/awesome, great fun and another 100k mile left on the car and then some, and will receive the maintenance portfolio."

i have more photos

Good Reliable Car

By on Sunday, June 22, 2014

Pros: "Reliable."

Cons: "Paint job could have been better."

"I bought this car new in 2007 and have basically had no issues at all with it. The original brakes lasted too long actually so that they had trouble removing them at around 100,000 miles (I'm easy on the car). Not happy with the squeaky replacements though. The car has always started for me, the air has always worked, the radio worked. Mileage has been good. Seats are pretty comfortable and the ride isn't bad for being such a small vehicle. Only problem I had was if I turned the ignition off and moved the steering wheel at the same time, I would have trouble restarting it, so make sure your hands are off the steering wheel when you turn it off. Still, it only took a little pulling on the wheel to get the ignition to turn. Paint job could have been better I think."