2002 Toyota Corolla

8.4

Based on 590 Ratings for the 1998 - 2002 models.

GREAT DEPENDABLE VEHICLE

By on Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pros: "Easy to drive, maintain and one you will enjoy"

"I presently own a 2000 Toyota Corolla. This vehicle has been extremely dependable. I've driven my Toyota cross-country 2-3 times. I'm a one-person owner of this vehicle and bought it new. I've not had to do any work on this vehicle until it was 12 years old other then basic maintenance, oil change, tune up or a break job after my cross country trips. On the 13th yr, this summer, I replaced the catalyst converter ($500) and I had some other minor work done. Last summer, I had some work done and I think it had to do with an engine light coming on and I got taken for about ($250) last summer. I also, changed my 2nd battery. Other then that, I will need new struts. I just replaced my tires (3) of them and an alignment ($348) this week. This vehicle is still running smoothly and my friends are amazed at how well my car runs being 13 yrs old. Because of my two Toyota's I've own (this now is my 2nd one), my friends have seen how great they've both been. I've recommended Toyotas to my friends and three of them and even my sister have purchase Toyota. My sister's is older then mine and her car is still going! If you're a female, want a dependable vehicle and not get stuck with car payments for a lifetime, this is the vehicle, you should consider buying. You will definitely save in the long run!!! I've not had a car payment in over seven years! Don't think twice when buying this vehicle. Nobody needs a lemon or headaches after investing all the monies in the purchase of a new vehicle. Buy a vehicle you can count on, a TOYOTA."

Great Car....Toyotta Corolla!

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

"Last car I owned was a Toyota Corolla, and so I bought my current car, also a Toyota Corolla because my first one lasted to 200,000 miles and the only thing I had to repair was a new radiator. My current one has 135,000 miles on it and has only needed the normal maintainance of tires, oil change, and all the regular maintainance advised by the guidebook included when I bought it brand new in 2002. I am sold on the Toyota Corollas. Two cars lasted me 22 years so far and only a radiator repair. Excellant product, excellant buy."

My second Corolla - love Toyota!!!

By on Monday, January 07, 2013

Pros: "small enough to park anywhere. Great lasting value"

Cons: "feel bumpy road more than larger vehicle"

"This is my second Corolla. I have had no mechanical repairs except normal wear and tear! With regular oil changes and routine maintenance - no surprise break downs like I had with American made cars I owned prior. I have only driven Corollas for the past 22 years. I could put another 100,000 miles on this car. It will make a great car for a student or second family car. The only reason I will sell it is to buy a 4 wheel drive with a hatch back. I plan to buy Toyota again!! They don't loose their value!! Good ergonomics (seat feels good on long drive)"

Such an amazing car!

By on Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pros: "Great car for the price!"

Cons: "The only thing I did not like were the head rests."

"I have owned this car since 1999 and I have never had any problems with it. It has started for me everyday without fail for the past 14 years and has been truly an amazing car. Because I have had the car for so long and because it has been such a great car I feel like it has a soul. I am almost feeling guilty selling her because she have been such a dutiful and reliable little girl to me. I would highly recommend this car to anyone looking for a comfortable, reliable and practicable car."

Awesome car so far

By on Monday, August 29, 2011

Pros: "Great gas mileage, fun to drive mainly in the corners."

Cons: "Smaller then my old van"

"Great car, really solid and a great value, the gas mileage is great now 32mpg it couldn't be better."

One of the best cars I've owned to date!

By on Tuesday, September 28, 2010

"I have owned a few cars but this one surpasses them by far. I got this car used with only 84,000 miles on it and so far it is a great commuter car. Everything works as it should. I own the 98 model which was the first of this style to come about. I think eventually i will end up changing the front end to look like the 01 because i think it looks a lot more modern. The interior of the car is outstanding, I haven't seen a corolla with torn or worn seats yet. They seem to be super strong in quality. When driving in the car the outside noise is barley audible. The car isn't a race car but it isn't a turtle either. You can easily get up to speed and get on your way. One thing that bothers me is the cup holder in the front. It gets in the way of the audio system but thats a minor detail. Another thing that is just annoying the the seat belt light blinks always. I guess it's a common issue with these cars so I'm not too worried. Toyota promises it doesn't effect the mechanism one bit. One thing that I have noticed is that for an older car it has held it's value pretty well. It's still worth over 4 grand for a well kept corolla. The little features like the fading dome light is a cool touch along with the automatic head lights. Overall I would suggest taking the corolla into consideration when on a budget or just looking for a great reliable little car. My very first car was a 1990 corolla and it was super old but being well maintained it never let me down. Best of Luck with your corollas!"

very reliable car

By on Sunday, March 07, 2010

"Great little car. Has plenty of pickup for a 4 cylinder. No repairs until 90k, then starter, and complete brakes with rotors and drums. Parts are so inexpensive it is ridiculous. After 10 yrs the headliner started to drop (glued it back up in 10 minutes), the exterior paint has started to fade (my daughter was not much for washing the car), the inside driver's door handle has broken twice (inexpensive as well, can be avoided by not pulling too hard), plastic headlights had to be replaced due to serious fading, and the outside black trim at the top of the doors has started to peel. All these minor cosmetic issues I consider to be quite acceptable for a 11 year old car with 96k on it. This car has always been very mechanically sound and reliable. However, having been in the collision business for 28 years and counting, I have decided to sell this car because much safer alternatives are available for the last two of our four children. This is not a car you want to be driving when a full size truck or SUV hits you square in the side. And teenagers are not always the smartest of drivers. My oldest daughter wrecked three cars before this one (two large station wagons and a van), which we bought together after she graduated from high school. No accidents since."

Still one of Toyota's best!

By on Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, great MPG, fits in compact spaces"

Cons: "Lightweight and probably not safe in an accident"

"I couldn't ask for a better little A to B commuter car! Its the most reliable, fuel efficient vehicle I have ever owned by far. Everything works like it should and it has never once let me down. My only concern is safety since its so lightweight. It does come with duel airbags so you might walk away from a crash unharmed but the car will totaled."

Best car for the price!

By on Sunday, April 15, 2012

Pros: "great fuel economy, fantastic reliability"

Cons: "small for more than 3 people"

"I own this car and have over 220,000 km on it. Other than regular service (oil, tires, brakes, muffler) I have not fixed or replaced a single major component. In fact, even most of the bulbs are still original. The car is somewhat small for four large people (back seat is small) but is an ideal commuter car for 1 or 2 people. I still get 500 km per tank of gas!"

Great Point A - Point B Car

By on Monday, August 15, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, good price"

Cons: "Cramped back seat,"

"I have been driving this car for about 4 years now. It has a few old car problems (i.e. worn key cylinder) but it has been heavily driven and slightly abused by it's previous owners. Despite that the car runs like a dream. It will get you wherever you need to go, not with much style or power, but it will get you there safely and reliably. All I ever really need to do is give it an oil change! I get about 28MPG in the winter and 32MPG in the summer. On size, I am about 5'11" and I bought it from a guy who fit just fine at 6'2". So the front seat really has no room issues. The back seat, however, can be quite cramped for your average person."