2002 Toyota Corolla

8.4

Based on 582 Ratings for the 1998 - 2002 models.

Good solid car

By on Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Pros: "reliable, gas mileage, point A to B car!"

Cons: "burns oil, door panels."

"Good point A to B car. I bought mine almost 5 years ago at 133000 miles exactly. It currently has 172000 and still runs great. I've changed the oil and aside from little things, that's about all. At about 160k it did start burning oil after the valve cover gasket blew and ran low. It's burned oil ever since then but still runs great. I just keep an eye on the oil level and fill it up, uses about a quart every 1000 miles. Only other thing that is real common in these is the door panels will show the glue through the fabric, and then after a while the fabric will fall off. I'd say most of these the fabric is gone, Toyota must have used cheap glue when they did these. The rest of the interior is solid, strong, and good. Most vehicles in florida will have cracks in the dash long before they are 15 years old, but still looks perfect. Most of these cars down here do. It's not the most comfortable, quiet, or luxurious vehicle but I knew that before I ever bought it. It starts every morning, gets me where I need to go, gets 33-34mpg which is great considering it's a base model with the 3 speed auto trans, and I drive 90 miles per day all interstate (70+ mph). I have no complaints at all!"

very good and reliable automobile

By on Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Pros: "need front end worked on"

"a very good and reliable vehical. I was ran off the road by a drunk driver up and over a curb.because of the damage, Ive had 2 motor mounts replaced,wheel berings and pvc re-worked and got a front wheel alignment.the car still shakes a bit at high speeds.a very good car for a person that works on cars. I never had ANY other problems. it runs and sounds great."

Best Vehicle Evar!

By on Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable ride, seats, handler. Great mileage!"

Cons: "I can't think of a single con. Great vehicle."

"What a wonderful vehicle our Corolla 5-speed has been! Comfortable ride, not cramped (at least in front seats). We bought it new in 1998 - I think my husband washed it 3 times the first week. Probably would have slept in it, if he'd thought of it! Now, all these years and 330,000 miles later it still gets nearly 40 mpg, even as decrepitude creeps in. We will probably buy another Corolla, but I doubt they make them as good, now. Great handler, great mileage, absolutely intrepid for 15 years! 330,000 miles is Legendary!"

Good reliable car.

By on Monday, December 29, 2014

"Silver 2002 4 door Corolla Sport. Good condition. Low mileage. AC, power windows and locks, sliding power sun roof, cruise control, AM/FM stereo with single CD player. Great purchase for a new student driver."

reliable!

By on Tuesday, December 16, 2014

"Reliable, affordable, good quality! Easy to maintain and to repairl"