2000 Toyota Corolla

8.4

Based on 601 Ratings for the 1998 - 2002 models.

Very fuel efficient , reliable, excellent value

By on Saturday, November 03, 2012

It'll take more snow than that to keep this corolla off the road!

"I got this car from my grandparents with 110,000 miles. It has given me four years of reliable service with the only maintenance being scheduled oil changes, and replacing the tires and serpentine belt. I have taken it across the country twice and many places in between. It has great fuel efficiency, with a proven highway range of over 450 miles. Handles nicely at high speed and corners very well for a front wheel drive car. This corolla is intrepid in the snow - even without chains. Three adults can sit in the back, but two is more comfortable. I intend to drive this car till it dies; I'm confident it will go past 300,000 miles."

It'll take more snow than that to keep this corolla off the road!

one of the best cars on the road today

By on Friday, August 09, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive ,very maneuverable"

Cons: "shock struts wear out too soon"

"I bought this 1998 Toyota Corolla in 2004 with 57,000 miles on it . It is one of the best cars I have ever had. The only trouble I have had with it is the starter needed replacing at about 100,000. I have also replaced the shock struts twice which seems to a weak area on this model. It also has a timing chain that never needs replacing as opposed to those models with a timing belt which have to be replaced every 60,000 miles. The car consistently gets 40 mpg or better on the highway when driven less than 65 mph."

Great car-377000 miles

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "Great car--period"

Cons: "for the reliability---NONE"

"The engine is original. The starter was replaced, but the alternator is still original. Still gets over 30 mpg on the highway."

One of the best cars I've owned to date!

By on Tuesday, September 28, 2010

"I have owned a few cars but this one surpasses them by far. I got this car used with only 84,000 miles on it and so far it is a great commuter car. Everything works as it should. I own the 98 model which was the first of this style to come about. I think eventually i will end up changing the front end to look like the 01 because i think it looks a lot more modern. The interior of the car is outstanding, I haven't seen a corolla with torn or worn seats yet. They seem to be super strong in quality. When driving in the car the outside noise is barley audible. The car isn't a race car but it isn't a turtle either. You can easily get up to speed and get on your way. One thing that bothers me is the cup holder in the front. It gets in the way of the audio system but thats a minor detail. Another thing that is just annoying the the seat belt light blinks always. I guess it's a common issue with these cars so I'm not too worried. Toyota promises it doesn't effect the mechanism one bit. One thing that I have noticed is that for an older car it has held it's value pretty well. It's still worth over 4 grand for a well kept corolla. The little features like the fading dome light is a cool touch along with the automatic head lights. Overall I would suggest taking the corolla into consideration when on a budget or just looking for a great reliable little car. My very first car was a 1990 corolla and it was super old but being well maintained it never let me down. Best of Luck with your corollas!"

This is a work horse. Reliable and Predictable

By on Saturday, February 16, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, Cheap on gas and gets me there."

Cons: "Little tight on the drivers side as I am 6' 2"."

"I use this car to commute from Palm Desert to San Francisco and have made 13 trips so far. I can almost get there on one tank of gas, 40+ miles to a gallon. I currently own a Lexus and a Mercedes, but this Corolla is the one I take on long trips. Bought the car when it had 37K miles and currently have 100K miles, and still going strong. I love it when I pass by so many gas stations en route to San Francisco that are selling gas at inordinate prices as I filled up my tank cheap at Costco, before leaving home. Toyota is the BEST car on the road...bar none."

Such an amazing car!

By on Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pros: "Great car for the price!"

Cons: "The only thing I did not like were the head rests."

"I have owned this car since 1999 and I have never had any problems with it. It has started for me everyday without fail for the past 14 years and has been truly an amazing car. Because I have had the car for so long and because it has been such a great car I feel like it has a soul. I am almost feeling guilty selling her because she have been such a dutiful and reliable little girl to me. I would highly recommend this car to anyone looking for a comfortable, reliable and practicable car."

Best car for the price!

By on Sunday, April 15, 2012

Pros: "great fuel economy, fantastic reliability"

Cons: "small for more than 3 people"

"I own this car and have over 220,000 km on it. Other than regular service (oil, tires, brakes, muffler) I have not fixed or replaced a single major component. In fact, even most of the bulbs are still original. The car is somewhat small for four large people (back seat is small) but is an ideal commuter car for 1 or 2 people. I still get 500 km per tank of gas!"

GREAT DEPENDABLE VEHICLE

By on Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pros: "Easy to drive, maintain and one you will enjoy"

"I presently own a 2000 Toyota Corolla. This vehicle has been extremely dependable. I've driven my Toyota cross-country 2-3 times. I'm a one-person owner of this vehicle and bought it new. I've not had to do any work on this vehicle until it was 12 years old other then basic maintenance, oil change, tune up or a break job after my cross country trips. On the 13th yr, this summer, I replaced the catalyst converter ($500) and I had some other minor work done. Last summer, I had some work done and I think it had to do with an engine light coming on and I got taken for about ($250) last summer. I also, changed my 2nd battery. Other then that, I will need new struts. I just replaced my tires (3) of them and an alignment ($348) this week. This vehicle is still running smoothly and my friends are amazed at how well my car runs being 13 yrs old. Because of my two Toyota's I've own (this now is my 2nd one), my friends have seen how great they've both been. I've recommended Toyotas to my friends and three of them and even my sister have purchase Toyota. My sister's is older then mine and her car is still going! If you're a female, want a dependable vehicle and not get stuck with car payments for a lifetime, this is the vehicle, you should consider buying. You will definitely save in the long run!!! I've not had a car payment in over seven years! Don't think twice when buying this vehicle. Nobody needs a lemon or headaches after investing all the monies in the purchase of a new vehicle. Buy a vehicle you can count on, a TOYOTA."

Great Car....Toyotta Corolla!

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

"Last car I owned was a Toyota Corolla, and so I bought my current car, also a Toyota Corolla because my first one lasted to 200,000 miles and the only thing I had to repair was a new radiator. My current one has 135,000 miles on it and has only needed the normal maintainance of tires, oil change, and all the regular maintainance advised by the guidebook included when I bought it brand new in 2002. I am sold on the Toyota Corollas. Two cars lasted me 22 years so far and only a radiator repair. Excellant product, excellant buy."

My second Corolla - love Toyota!!!

By on Monday, January 07, 2013

Pros: "small enough to park anywhere. Great lasting value"

Cons: "feel bumpy road more than larger vehicle"

"This is my second Corolla. I have had no mechanical repairs except normal wear and tear! With regular oil changes and routine maintenance - no surprise break downs like I had with American made cars I owned prior. I have only driven Corollas for the past 22 years. I could put another 100,000 miles on this car. It will make a great car for a student or second family car. The only reason I will sell it is to buy a 4 wheel drive with a hatch back. I plan to buy Toyota again!! They don't loose their value!! Good ergonomics (seat feels good on long drive)"